southern circulation/veritas communications/top sales/howard brockscam took money no magazines

S

i bought $168 worth of magazines from vanessa ortiz [protected] thru southern circulation. i waited my 120 days and received nothing. after filing a [redacted] i found an email for howard brock. after email after email i informed him of filing a rip o ff report, the bbb, and the alabama attorney generals office claims. that day i magically got a call from vanessa the girl who sold me the mags. she had this whole bs story pushing the blame on someone else of couse. she said she still works for howard and is now a manager. her cell is listed above feel free to call her. she said she had to talk to howard and would call me back and i am still waiting on that call. so basically still no mags or a refund. if someone knows anything else that can be done to try and stop these lying scam artist please let me know

• Lu
    lukekinton Feb 24, 2011

Here you guys go. Made this public. I hate that a company like this is operating in my own back yard and doing this to people. Based on reports online, Tracy Turner and Sean Nation have had their hands in alot when it comes to magazine sales. There are direct links to Top Sales and Sean Nation/Tracy Turner to both Veritas Communications and Southern Circulation as well. Based on my research, Tracy Turner (the manager for Top Sales) is actually Tracy Fussell, the owner of Veritas Communications and the wife of Dave Fussell, who has been running this racket under other companies all over the US.

I've made complaints with the Alabama AG as well and have forwarded my findings to them.

• Va
    Vanessa Ortiz Dec 02, 2008

My name is Vanessa Ortiz and i sold magazines for a lot of different companies and and my job before i got my management position was to knock doors, sell people magazines, turn in my orders every night and get paid... when i sold Ms. Houchin those magazines i truely thought she was going to get them... I left the company that i usto work for so i dont really know if any body who bought magazines will get there magazines but when i spoke to Ms. Houchin i told her that i would ask Howard to send her those magazines but I want it to be known that it is not Howards obligation to send those magazines because at the time that those were sold Howard was no longer part of the company and anyone eho would like to talk to me my cell phone number is [protected]. I would be more then glad to try to send everyone there magazines but Howard has nothing to do with the magazines that i sold durning that time period, and i did lose my other phone and i no longer have your phone number Stephanie if u want to give me a call feel free!!!