South Beach SmileFRADULENT BUSINESS PRACTICES

Oh my good I wish I read this before I ordered South Beach Smile. I ordered it on 3/17/09, didn't receive it until one week later. I called 3/31 at 4:53 pm, which was two weeks later. A "Kevin" answered and then I got disconnected. I immediately called back at 4:55 pm, now getting a recording and music. I stayed on hold for 9 minutes, then I left a message stating my name, order number, date ordered, etc. I also included that "Kevin" just disconnected me and I am within my two week trial time frame. No response. I called again today, 4/1 this time on hold for 29 minutes, I left a message again detailing exactly what transpired. I also sent an e-mail via the website's "contact us" section also detailing the above and that I WILL NOT be charged. I called again during lunchtime and actually got a person "Ray" who gave me a cancellation number, but said he can do nothing about the charges or the shipment that also already been sent. This was in between the call cutting out and they were having trouble with their lines. "Ray" sounded middle eastern and god only knows where the called actually ended up. I demanded to speak to a supervisor, manager or even the owner of the damn company, they were all unavailable. I called my bank and the charge for 79.99 came through last night (they did not waste any time). I used my debit card, which they cancelled for me and reissued another one. I am going down to the bank tomorrow to sign the forms to dispute the charges and per the nice lady at Webster Bank, they WILL get the money back. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! I am writing a letter to the BBB in Florida, the Attorney General of my state and of Florida and the Department of Consumer Affairs of Florida. I would love to file a class action suit against them too!!! From, Furious in Connecticut

P.S. I have not gotten the charge for the $27 from fitcompass.com, but let them try because the debit card was cancelled.

jake61 Apr 19, 2010

I bought this product for a friend in another country where they have national health care that does provide teeth cleaning. I called my CC company when a month later a charge for $90 showed up. My CC canceled the charge.

Now I get telephone calls, three today, from a company called Capitol Keystone. They try and embarrass you into paying. I asked for their address and telephone number. They would not provide either. This is a violation of law.

By law they have to provide an address because you can write a creditor and request they not call any more.

I emailed my atty general but they can not help without an address for the company.

The entire product sales is a scam. It is designed to decieve you, by a play on words, into buying a "sample", but later hook you for a "trial". What the rest of the trial is I do not know. I never recieved additional product. The return privilage is a scam because it is like a blue moon on Tuesday ordeal. They do not tell you of the "trial" cost up front.

Do not buy!

• Fl
    flynsolo Nov 06, 2009

PLEASE STOP THEM FROM DOING THIS !!! SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!! JERKS!!!

• Ve
    VEROMAY Jul 15, 2009

In April 2017 I ordered the SBSMILE (South Beach Smile) free sample for $3.95. It burned my gums and it made my teeth very sensitive so I called to cancel the subscription prior to the 14 day time period. I was placed on hold and when I finally got through, the customer service representative said she was sorry and would take care of it. Long story short, I'm still awaiting resolution of the 79.99 charge that occurred with a second shipment of the product which I promptly gave back to the postman writing return to sender with a second notation of canceled. This "free" trial has cost me both time and money and they do not respond to my written letters so I have filed a dispute with my credit card company. I am hopeful that this will finally be resolved but 3 months later it's simply a gamble that I will get my refund. I would urge others not to order from these people. IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT.

NoSmileyFaceHere Jul 01, 2009

This company offers a free trial where you pay for shipping and handling only, (to get a credit card #) and then rushes multiple orders out (the "not so" free trial and then 2 more orders within 5 days of each other). IF you DO NOT cancel any shipped order within 15 days, they will try not to refund. They charge a whopping 20 % restocking fee and of course no shipping refund--ALL ON STUFF NO ONE ORDERED!! Customer (NON)Service says that the website(s) clearly state they will auto ship unless contacted to cancel autoship, but I can't find it--and there are many websites to go to for reference. Incidentally, they are changing their name to Netalab. (Do you wonder about what's behind that?) They guy got snippy with me when I called it a marketing scheme, he said "That's exactly what it is--marketing!" DO NOT GET SCAMMED

• Ka
    Karen irate Jun 24, 2009

LOOK OUT. STAY AWAY. These guys are frauds. I ordered this and before I could even blink I could not reach them to cancel. They charged my cards and send stuff with no invoice, no return options, in packages that are not recognizable. We have been fighting with fraud dept for 4 months now. Do now try this product. Tell everyone to stay away.

I have written letters to my creit cards. Called the co numerous times and complained. This is a rip off. I did not even try the product. I sent it all back. I would not trust this product if the co it's from is so lousy.

• Ta
    tamih45356 May 05, 2009

DONT GIVE UP!!! I FINALLY RECEIVED MY CREDITS. THE ENTIRE AMOUNT. DO NOT WAIT FOR THEM MAKE SURE YOU ARE CALLING THEM EXCESSIVELY, HARASS THEM, BOMBARD THEM, MAKE SURE YOU KEEP EXACT NOTES ON CONVERSATIONS OR THEY WILL TURN IT AGAINST YOU. YOU HAVE TO KEEP BEING PERSISTANT. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE BBB OR THE STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL TO HELP, YOU WILL GET NOTHING FROM THEM. BEWARE ON THE NEXT "FREE TRIAL" THAT YOU ARE CONTEMPLATING, THEY ARE ALL SCAMS.

• Do
    Donna May 02, 2009

I have the same complaint as everyone else. I wish I'd seen this before I decided to get the trial offer. I'm also in dispute with the charges. They should be put out of business FOR GOOD. Nothing but scam artists.

• Bo
    bonlom May 01, 2009

I am sure that the company website that I ordered the free trial of teeth whitener did not say that it was a free trial only. It did not say that if I ordered the product I would agree to receive another product every thirty days.
    When I tried to go back to the original order page it was gone and replaced with a page telling me terms and conditions. I would have never ordered the product had it said that in the first place. Does anyone have a copy of that original page?
    My credit card was charged 79.00 not once but two times in thirty days. When I called I was given a speech about how it was a trial period and I should have read the terms and conditions. They have not refunded my money and I now feel like a raving maniac, calling them every day and demanding my money back. I am on a fixed income and can not afford these unfair charges.
    Can anyone help?

• Cp
    C.P.N. Apr 21, 2009

I responded to a free trial for a teeth whiting product for $6.95. I did not see anything about canceling in 14 days or I would continue to get product and be charged. More product camein days and a bill but I was traveling when I returned I saw that my charge card had been charged another $79.99. I called Natural Source and was told ANOTHER $80 plus had been charged and there was nothing I could do because I didn't call within the 14 days. I have their invoices and nowhere does it say anything about that. I have not opened the product but they told me I could not return it for a refund. I called my charge company because that card has no available credit on it and these charges will create a major financial problem for me.. Citi bank said they refused one of the automatic charges due to $o funds available and would try to dispute the existing ones. Unfortunately I was foolish and took trial offers from two different companies, the testimonials were sooo compelling but obviously they were part of the scam.
    The first time I tried working this out with Natural Source I was hung up on . On my second try a nice Indian guy said he'd stop all future charges but could not take off the existing one even if I return the product. I thing they have all their bases covered and will win despite anything I might try to get these charges dropped. It is a sad state of affairs but when dealing with internet sales the buyer had better "BEWARE", It's a sea full of hungry sharks.

Angela Mueller Apr 20, 2009

I got the risk-free trial for $6.99 and I can't get anyone at the phone # to cancel my membership. I have already been charged the $79.99 fee and the 14 day trial hasn't even finished yet!

• Bo
    borkan Apr 17, 2009

I am so furious that I didn't look at this page before agreeing the receive my "free trial". My experience is identical to this one and all of the others previously posted. What a horrendous scam.

• Mr
    mr. you cant scam me! Apr 15, 2009

2 all the people who where ripd off by this b.s. company lk i was last week the only thing u can do is when u get ur so calld free trial they dont answer at tha b.s. num they give u 2 cancle so i lookd on this same page and saw all the complants..so the next day after i recievd my free trial i calld my bank and cancled my card!! that the only smart thing 2 do..they will send me a new card its sad 2 say i had 2 do that because of a b.s. company like south beach smlie...

• Ta
    tamih45356 Apr 08, 2009

Ordered "free trial" never received. Called and thought I cancelled, well the cancellation number could not be found. If anyone ever answers to get a real person, I get new cancellation numbers, which are no good. Still no credit from the company but they are still charging. DO NOT ORDER, IT IS NOT FREE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD TO STOP CHARGES. I have notified the BBB in the area to which they are located and received nothing. I notified the States Attorney General and I am getting nothing.
    Good luck if someone does get any credit, let all of us know how so we can get ours.

• Tb
    tbrawwls Apr 07, 2009

This company offered a free trial of their teeth whitening product "South Beach Smile" for $6.95 and their ad said "unless you contact Natural Source Store within 30 days to cancel, they'll automatically charge your credit card $79.99. They send you a 14 day supply which you don't get for over a week and this time applies to your use time. But, it gets even worse...if you look at the fine print of the agreement, it states that they only have to wait 14 days before charging your credit card...not 30 days. Also, the shipping time is part of the 14 days. THIS IS A RIPOFF TO BEAT ALL RIPOFFS.
    It's impossible to get a person on the 1st call but after several more calls over several days, I finally got a live person who said to read the fine print. I told him I wanted no further products from them and he gave me a cancellation #. A week later I received another package(which I refuse to open) and am trying to get someone on the phone to get a "return authorization" and to avoid a charge. So far my account has not been charged and I've filed an alert with my bank to recover the payment I didn't authorize.
    The bank says I may have to cancel my debit card to avoid further charges from these crooks.
    I wish I had read all the complaints before even doing business with them.

• Ha
    hannalululuv Mar 18, 2009

this same thing happened to me. they dont help at all if you try and contact them by phone and i got hung up on 20 times. they said i cant even cancel it unless i've recieved their product and i they havent sent me anything. was contacting your bank the only way you got out of it?

Jamie Mar 10, 2009

I ordered a free trail of this product one month ago. They never sent the free trail, or anything else, yet they charged me over $80.00 on my credit card. They will not allow you to contact them by phone, they put you on hold then disconnect. You can not contact them by e-mail either. I have had to contact my credit card company to try to stop this fraud. These people need to be shut down and have to repay everyone that they have scammed.

Jamie Mills