The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Sony — Lack of transparency International Warranty
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I purchased a Sony ICD-UX80 digital recorder in Jan 2009 from Amazon.com. Visiting family in Melbourne and overnight it stopped working. Sony Australia required a TLW card (Tourist Limited Warranty card) from retailer - Amazon & Sony US had never heard of these cards??? Sony Australia refused to honor my 12 month warranty & didn't even care when I produced documented proof from Sony US that they had never heard of these cards. I will never buy another Sony product after being loyal for most of my adult life. Sony Australia wanted to charge me $300 to fix ( almost 3times the cost of a new recorder).
However to renew my trust in large companies Amazon offered to give me a refund as a result of Sony's lack of support of their own product. Obviously I will continue to remain a loyal customer of Amazon. Beware of Sony products if you are contemplating travelling abroad because their warranty is then null & void and they hide behind subterfuge to try & fool customers into thinking they have warranty.
More Sony Complaints & Reviews
- Sony Ericsson Service Center - Cheating and torturing customers!
- Sony ericsson promo - lucky number
- Sony/Bravia KDL40S4100 tv - defective product
- Sony Playstation 3 (Ps3) 60gb (Pal) - Faulty Product/Horrible Customer Care
- Sony TV KDF-60XBR950 - Sony TV Optical Block
- Sony Ericsson W810i - Wrong packing or sealing
- Sony Ericson/W395 - Bad post sale service
- Sony - Gift Card
- sonyericsson mobil phone g900 - unwillingness to return my mobile phone
- Sony Bravia KDL-46NX720 - junk! spend more just to lose more!