SMU Center for Family CounselingWorthless Customer Service/ Misfeasance

L

I believe misfeasance, bait and switch advertising, and discriminatory customer service occurred at SMU Center for Family Counseling in Plano, Texas. I personally experienced degenerate, prejudiced, and passive-aggressive customer service from these uncooperative, dishonest, bigoted, and brusque professionals (I wouldn't even refer to these low standard poseurs as professionals). As an ethnic minority (U.S. citizen) I was offended by their prejudiced, degenerate, uncaring, insensitive, passive-aggressive, and low standard performances and biases (demonstrated insidiously). Passive aggressive employees are usually obstructionists who prefer to withhold help and shun those who need help. Sadly, in my experiences I believe that was the case at SMU Center for Family Counseling. Neither the director (S.F.) or any of the other employees demonstrated any type of applicable knowledge to me that they claim to possess on their website.

I do not recommend this establishment to anyone seriously considering counseling or professionalism. I was mislead several times over the telephone by the softly spoken front desk secretary and the other curt employees who answered the phone. I was mislead because I was not helped at all in any type of professional manner during or after my intake/psychosocial assessment/screening. The employees made it clear to me several times that they do not help those who are bipolar or those in need of psychiatric care or those in a crisis (sounds despicably selfish if you ask me). However, I was having neither of the aforementioned problems. Those facts are documented in my records, too. Strangely enough half-way through my intake/assessment/screening the counselor trainee bombarded me with loaded questions that fixated on morbid subjects as if to insinuate that I'm an atrocious criminal. That was a very offensive effort to create a pretext (false reason) so they wouldn't have to provide me with adequate services (15 counseling sessions): in my viewpoint their behavior is not only blatant misfeasance but it's very much discrimination. Let's consider that their loyalty is supposed to be in assisting and helping the citizens of the local community who come to their office.

In my experiences with SMU Center for Family Counseling they did not follow their own mission statement that can be found on their own website: http://smu.edu/education/counseling/FamilyCounselingCenter/mission.asp. SMU Center for Family Counseling Mission: "To deliver developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive counseling services for families, couples, adults, adolescents, and children undergoing varying life circumstances, while providing SMU graduate counseling students with meaningful training experience via supervised therapeutic interactions. Counseling services are designed to assist individuals and groups seeking to enhance their overall life functioning, interpersonal relationships, self understanding, and career satisfaction for optimal well being."

The counselor intern graduate student who completed the intake tried to create a pretext (false reason) to treat me unfairly by writing brief but false and degrading information on my psychosocial assessment/screening after utilizing a bombardment of loaded questions. In addition to that the so-called director who goes by these initials S.F. was uncooperative, short with words, snide, selfish, and extremely insensitive to my concerns. She had absolutely no interest and a callous dismissiveness in regard to solving problems or providing useful advice. S.F. does not come across as a skilled professional social worker or a psychologist let alone an adequate supervisor. S.F. responds to questions in a snide, brusque, and arrogant manner which I find to be totally worthless. I'm wondering how such a snide person became licensed in the state of Texas. Her behaviors and attitudes seemed so hypocritical, at least in my experiences with her and at this SMU establishment.

Furthermore, the SMU Center for Family Counseling's website has this information which was completely contradictory to my own experiences with them. This really comes across as bait and switch advertising; at least in my experiences with them:

"When life seems difficult and you need a safe, confidential place to go, counseling may be the avenue to pursue...and we are here to help. The following list includes just some of the many issues that are commonly presented by individuals seeking counseling.

ADD/ADHD
Anxiety
Behavior (opposition, defiance, aggression)
Communication
Depression
Grief/Loss (divorce, death, moving)
Peer Relationships
Relations (family, couple, etc.)
Self-Concept
Stress
Trauma"

In conclusion I do not recommend SMU Center for Family Counseling in Plano, Texas. If you personally encounter severe problems, malpractice, or torts with them then you can always take it up with the ACLU, licensing boards, and the local media.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices