Smoke 51.comcancelling my order

I ordered the free trial smoke 51 offered, then after I ordered it showed that I would have to go through a bunch of hoops to get out of the $29 a month fees, plus the cost to keep the starter kit, like $70. I called the toll free number and there was no real person to talk to, they just said to go on their website and press the cancel order button. There was not cancel order option! So, now I guess I will get the kit, and have to go through all the hoops to send it back, so that I do not have to pay the $70 for it or the $29 monthly fees! UGGGH.

More Smoke 51.com Complaints & Reviews

• Fe
    Feo Sep 30, 2009

The very same happened to me. While the product is a good product, the billing practices and the lack of customer service are unacceptable.

I will have to cancel my credit card and I will reserve my right to report them to the better business bureau.

Always look for the fine print. Even on an Internet order !

• Wa
    wakim Oct 01, 2009

I've received the product on Monday the 26 and was under the impression that it was a try out for $9.95 then today the 1st of October i have a pending bill of $89.95 on my Credit Card; to me this an is unfair practice due to misleading consumers. On Top of all things they don't make it easy to be contacted that makes it even worst; fell like i have been scammed..

• Sc
    SCAMARTISTSSTOPPER123 Oct 01, 2009

SMOKE 51 COMPANY INFO - Gary O'Neil-Manager-1265 Niagara Falls Blvd, Amherst, NY [protected] Erie County/Buffalo-Niagara NY Area/[protected] SIC Code-5731-17 NAICS Code-[protected]

Bouf Oct 02, 2009

I was very interested in the product, but before I ordered I tried to find the fine print about the free offer, nothing on the web site. It was only after I submitted my order that a terms and conditions come up. Now I'm having the same problem canceling the order, no one to talk to, just email.

• Rd
    RDMCO Oct 02, 2009

Same deal $9.95 for FREE starter kit. Haven't received it yet however I have been charged the $9.95 plus 5 days later $119.00, plus one day latter $29.95. No luck on contacting them.

• Ka
    Kathy Murphy Oct 03, 2009

The 1-800 number they have in the order page is a phone line for a dating site.I have the same complaint as the others.. all I got what a recorded message to go to various sites and they are all fake ip's! I called my credit card company to put a freeze on all activity and I sent a complaint to my local Attorney Generals office.

jason reardon Oct 03, 2009

I got screwed out of $9.95 . That's all they will get out of me .As I put the call into my credit card company to have new numbers issued.I have been checking my mail for 2 weeks now .NOTHING!! The most annoying thing about this whole saga is going back and forth to my mailbox. They must have about 2o differant names for this product and whenever I go to a link for smoke 51.com another brand of electronic ciggarettes come up !WTF!! I hope these ###*%$# les get what they deserve!

jason reardon Oct 03, 2009

All I can say is don't do any bussiness with this company. They are a fraud and are currently being investigated by the F.B.I.

• Bd
    BDNick51 Oct 03, 2009

I ordered my trial via a link in an ad microsoft had posted in the news sidebar for vista. I decided i didnt want it and could not find a number to call. All the fine print told me was to email them and they would send a return merchandise number for me to mail it back with. The address on the package is Smoke Anywhere 4401 NW 167th Street Miami, FL 33055. I think i have been scammed and will be switching my credit card around so they do not get anyhting from me. I have the product but i dont want it and want to ship it back. We will see what happens.

• Si
    sick people Oct 05, 2009

i want out this is the bigest rip off ever

• Tt
    TTAYLOR Oct 05, 2009

I HAVE GONE AHEAD AND FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB...CANCELED MY CREDIT CARD AND AM NOW WORKING ON A YOU TUBE VIDEO SO THAT NO ONE WILL FALL FOR THIS SCAM AGAIN. HOPEFULLY, ALL OF THESE ACTIONS WILL PREVENT SOMEONE LIKE ME GETTING TAKEN BY THIS COMPANY!!!

• Si
    sick people Oct 05, 2009

people like this need flned l mean big time .this was to be free only i was charged 29.95. plus 89.95 refund my money ps.can l sue these people

• Tt
    TTAYLOR Oct 05, 2009

Don't get mad, get even!!! Do what you can to ruin the company...just filed a report with the Attorney General's office...video is next!

• We
    weldoris Oct 07, 2009

ive been hearing a lot about this BS. basically breaks several laws on disclosure, internet commerce, advertising, etc.

plenty of better companies to buy from. i got mine from www.smokeanywhere.com - price was better than smoke51 too!
    I first thought they were the same company, but after doing some digging i found out that there is no connection. totally sep company.

boneyfingers Oct 08, 2009

I am wondering if anyone has had the same issue as I have had. Obviously everyone here has had the "scam" sensation for mostly the same reasons. My problem started when I responded to an ad on -craigslist- it was a smokers research study, which I have participated in a few different ones for varied alternatives to cigarettes. I went to a web page to fill out a form to see if I qualified (nothing out of the ordinary really) I did indeed qualify and was then contacted by email with instructions for the study group. They required an available date out of two options for me and to order the free trial for $9.95 which I hesitated briefly on doing so then figured, well I suppose that makes sense and I can get the money back anyway... right?... right. I got a confirmation email for my order with the smoke51 logo as a header and text saying only "thank you for your order, this is a confirmation and please keep it for your records". No receipt to speak of and no tracking number or even a shipping method or ETA. It breaks down like this-- I got the study email - the very next day another email from them saying "we sent you an email a few days ago (again it was the next day) still have not heard back from you then repeating that I needed to order the product and so on which I had already done and give the other info. So I went ahead and sent everything they needed and never heard back with directions or even where in Atl it would be. I then noticed the charge to my card was made by EZsmoker and not actually Smoke51. From the 28th of Sept up to now the 8th of Oct I have heard nothing back from the "research company" nor have I received anything for smoke51 or ezsmoker. I sent a few emails through the 51 site to no avail. I even signed up and logged in and they show no record of my order. At this point I feel like a complete fool as I am a very skeptical person and not very trusting in matters like this especially when it come to online deals. I guess I just felt safe seeing as it was through a research company HA. Now I seem to have been duped by not one but TWO sources. I suppose the "study group" was nothing but a lead man, a distraction while the other guy picks my pocket. You could say I am a bit beyond slightly pissed. So, not unlike a lot of you, I am getting nowhere with the smoke fellas and on top of it nowhere with this research thing.
    After adding ALL of these things up far too slowly I must say of myself, it spells out SCAM. So beware of any " paid smoker research" ads, I wish I had been. By the way, I have seen no complaints whatsoever listed on craigslist on this matter. Dunno.

• Us
    usmarbws2005 Oct 08, 2009

NEVER BUY SMOKE51!!! We have had the same issue. This company definitely is a scam or something. I have contacted the better business bereau regarding this. They have charged us $119.90 and $29.95 separately and I am afraid they will do more. They sent me the trial and I sent it back. I never got charged the $9.95 they stated for shipping the trial so it seems they might have rearranged a few numbers in their billing system to amount to $150.00 instead. They sent me some more stuff even after I sent an email to cancel it. You will have to contact your bank/credit card and tell them this company is fraudulent. NEVER BUY SMOKE51!!!

• Pa
    Pamela Moreau01 Oct 09, 2009

I had to cancel my CC bc they were charging me w/o sending me billing statements first. I tried calling, got an automated answering thing, go to their website, said send us email, sent emails, different ones to different places, did not get a response. Bounced my account almost 300.00 we are not a rich family, so that left us with no gas in the car and no food in the cabinets. I don't need to tell you how I feel. If ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING Please post it here. I'm sorry to the rest of you guys for going through the same crap. God Bless.

• Na
    nannydue1 Oct 09, 2009

Same story here, I ordered the free trial, a few days later my debit card was charged 179.90, the next day it was charged 59.90. I called and got the auto response to go to the web site and e-mail them. I have done this with an added request to return my money. Fat chance but worth a try. Total scam.

• Gi
    Gina Bon Oct 10, 2009

Everyone you must cancel your credit account, your checking account debit card and reporting them to the BBB. If someone here lives in florida why not get your news station involved in this?

• Ro
    Roger Willams Oct 11, 2009

Hey all,

I was hit with the same SH#T on my cc bank statement. Went for the $9.95 trial, before i received it i was billed for $89.95 then $29.95. Send a nasty letter to SmokeAnywhere.com and within 10 min. received a personal email fully detailing what the story was...

1st and most important I found out that SmokeAnywhere.com has no affiliation with the two companies offering these SCAM trial offerings.
    SMOKE51.COM (owned by Smoke Anywhere USA, INC) and SmokingEverwhere.com (Owned by Smoking Everywhere LLC) are the culprit's.

I sort of feel bad for BLASTING SmokeAnywhere.com but they came thru as trouper's by providing me with a professional response fully understood my frustrations.

Here is the "FINE PRINT" that neither Smoke51 or SmokingEverywhere wants you to see, read it and weep:

When the smoke cleared i went back to purchased my E-cig from SmokeAnywhere.com for less than 60 bucks with no monthly commitment on the cartridges.

sandra54 Oct 13, 2009

I totaly agree this is a scam. I received my free trail and then I received some more cartridges I knew something was wrong. I called my credit card company and within two days my account was charged$120 dollars by smoke anywhere. My credit card company gave me a number for the company but like everyone else, just a recording telling me things to do to concel and none of them worked. Also the telephone number [protected] has been disconnected. I have cancelled my credit card so they will not get anymore money from me, at least I pray I have done everythiong t stop it

• Li
    lionspride609 Oct 18, 2009

ok so i have had the same prob as everyone else has with this ting not the large amounts of money taken it took me 4 weeks to get it even though i email like 4 minute after i ordered it and i sent a cancel message everyday for a week and they still ignored it and took my 9.95 for the shipping and i did write the bbb and the smoke51 it says is a c- rating and has not had any complaint against it...so if u have sent a complaint u should do so to help stop these guys from taking advantage from anyone else...and there no info on how to reach these a holes and i just sent the return email and awaiting the return number which im sure i shall not here from them...if anyone has any other info on what to do or best to deal or to reach then please let me no ty all and good luck to all with this insane situation

• Mi
    Milbrat Oct 18, 2009

I ordered the "Free Sample" for 9.95 S&H. I received the product with no invoice or paperwork of any kind. I found out that they charged my account another 79.95 and cancelled my debit card immediately. Then a couple of days later received the 29.05 replacement filters. I haven't used any of the Smoke 51 product but have sent 4 letters - email - with no reply. The numbers they have on their site lead only to a recording that instructs you to send them an email at [email protected] The net does not have any address even close to that. I have never been able to reach any human to speak to. But I guarantee you that a certified letter will be sent to every address that they have - the ones you have posted - and the Attorney General.
    BTW, the 29.95 package had the address of 3101 W Hollandale, STE 100, Pembroke Park, Fl. 33009 and not in Hallandale, Florida as someone else has posted theirs came from. I am also going to put a fraud complaint at my bank as well.
    The character of some people never fails to amaze me. I pray they are caught and not only have to return everyones money, but spend a LOT of time in prison!

• Th
    TheMuse Oct 25, 2009

Just going through this same thing. I paid for the original "Free Trial" offer for $9.99 and got the kit. No company information came with it so I don't even have the phone number. And now, almost a month afterwards, my credit card is suddenly being charged $89.95!!! For what? I have NOT received anything else from them! I went back to their website and clicked on the Contact Us link and emailed the address there only to find it goes to a different company that isn't associated with Smoke51 at all. :-( Smoke51 SUCKS.

• Ca
    cats Oct 27, 2009

I am also in the same trusting group. I got stuck with a $119.00 charge, and like everyone else, tried using phone calls to which I never could get a live person, also tried emailing to no avail. Finally had to cancel my credit card and accept the loss. A hard lesson to learn. This company uses several different names to hide their fraud. Smoke51 is the main name but they also use EZsmoker and on my credit card statement they used Smoke Anywhere but the phone number listed was the same number as for the EZsmoker and Smoke51. Very confusing and I guess that's what they are hoping for.
    Smoke Anywhere is a legitamate company and not associated with the others but somehow their name is being used in this fraud. Sorry to everyone who got sucked in as I did.

• Ke
    ken yens Oct 29, 2009

I am another dissatisfied customer. I ordered the free 30 day trial in Sept. It is now Oct. 29th, have been charged the 9.95 and as of this date have also been charged 89.95. and 29.95, and have still not received the product, e-mails are not answered. I went to my bank to see if the charges can be stopped, but they said that when put it on your bank debit card that they cannot be stopped, so they cancelled the old debit card and are issuing me a new one, so no more charges can be put on it. from the sounds of what I have been reading here, I doubt I get my money back, even though I canceled my order because I have not received it. I intend to report this to the bbb, and attorney general in this state. The bank told me to never use a debit card on the internet, to use either a check by phone, which can be canceled, or an address to where the check can be sent for payment. This kind of sours me about ordering anything over the internet. Somebody is making a lot of money with this scheme. I ordered mine from a Fox news site. I intend to inform them about this too.

boneyfingers Oct 30, 2009

My satisfaction... I received the trial... the next day I canceled ONLY my debit card used for the purchase and got a new number and card in the mail two days later. I kept the kit... they have nothing they can do whatsoever and I have heard nothing from them. They cannot bill me-period. If they try to make contact I will not respond... simple as that. They would never attempt to gain the money any other way ... not like they will get a collections company involved not after all they have pulled with so many people. SO I now own the smoke 51 and paid 10 bucks ... you can too and screw them at the same time.

sadsmoker Oct 31, 2009

I ordered the trial kit for $9.95 and subsequently received two more billings..one for $29.95 and 89.95...Yikes. I wrote to the company and also e-mailed them. I did received several e-mails saying they would not send further shipments. I went to [email protected] and my e-mails were from [email protected] and [email protected] actually were from Smoke Anywhere.com! Guess they are connected but at least they got my e-mails and responded. It is in the fine print, so they say. Merry [email protected]

• Bi
    BILLYJ8212003 Nov 01, 2009

i have also been scam by EZsmoker, was charge $114.90 they say you have 14 days from the day you recevied your product, to cancel if you like too. beware of theses ### holes, we the smoker who looking for help to quit smokeing, this is how we get treated, thanks .EZSMOKER AND SMOKE 51

• Mi
    michael gibbon Nov 02, 2009

i want to cancell any orders and return what I have please advise my next step

• Id
    I DETECT A SCAM Nov 02, 2009

PLEASE EVERYONE GO ON BETTER BUSINESS BUREA AND REPORT THESE PEOPLE
    HOW DARE THEY TAKE TAKE MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT THE SAME DAY YOU RECEIVE YOUR TRIAL FOR ANOTHER MONTH ANY TELEPHONE # YOU GET TAKES YOU RIGHT BACK TO THEIR INTERNET SITE AND THEY TELL YOU GET A RAN NUMBER BY EMAILING THEM AND THERE IS NO SEND BUTTON ON THE EMAIL AND IF YOU NOTICE THERE IS NO ORDER # ON YOUR CONFIRMATION SOMETHING ELSE YOU HAVE TO HAVE TO RETURN. I TOO HAVE CANCELLED MY CREDIT CARD . I HAD
    JUST AS WELL FLUSHED $100 DOWN THE TOILET. REPORT PLEASE !

• Ts
    Tsmith702 Nov 02, 2009

I just went through the exact same thing as everyone else. Wish I had read all of this before being suckered into this scam. I responded to a promotional offer stating that the starter kit was free, all that had to be paid was $9.95 for the shipping and handling. At first I thought I had been screwed out of $9.95 when the package didn't arrive - it did come a month later. The same day the package arrived my credit card was charged $89.95, and then another $29.95 the following day. When I made the order there was absolutely no mention of further charges to my credit card. And what is the $29.95 monthly fee for? They are not providing me with any service. I'm really upset and am not sure what to do. There are no phone numbers on the website, the package did not come with any instructions about returning it. If anyone has any ideas or numbers I can call, please let me know. [email protected]

• Ni
    NIF Nov 04, 2009

I ordered this free trial back on Sept 9th, Its now Oct and have yet to see any product and my card has been charged $9.95 $89.95 $29.95 ! BBB complaint filed and CC has been canceled! How in the world can these Clowns still be operating and getting away with this is beyond me!

• Re
    Redworld Nov 04, 2009

I AGREE, THIS IS A SCAM!!! There were no warnings, disclaimers, emails, or regular mail informing me that they were going to charge me an additional 89.95. After the ad says ONLY $10.00!!! And no other feees!!! BS!!! No warnings what so ever!!! now i have a negative balance in my account, and was able to bounce an additonal 2 checks!!! Who's going to pay the BOUNCED CHECK fee?! Not them, I tried calling them, and no one would answer the first 4 times i called...JUST KEEP CALLING IN A ROW...the person who is supposed to answer the phones needs time to wake up!!! Also, the person(s) you actually get in contact with, are straight off the boat and have only been speaking ENGLISH for about 20 minutes or so!!! How much of a foreign language can you learn in 20 minutes?! Anyways, I am deeply upset and feel SCAMMED!!! I will be reporting this business to the Better Business Bureau and the FBI internet Scams division!

• Re
    Regina Drew Nov 04, 2009

Same as above, send for a FREE trial, they charged my card the $9.95 shipping, two weeks later I got a bubble envelope, with a post card in it only...today 4 days later they have charged my card $89.95, I have never received product, no one to talk to, emails have been sent since 10/31 no response yet, sent two more emails today. Will have to cancel my cc major inconvenience, and out $99.90. Taken for a ride with these people. Will get with Florida attorney general's office to report these people. Meantime they are making money off us hand over fist.

• Cp
    cpage Nov 05, 2009

Got scamed too. This is an email I got back from them less than an hour ago. No answer at the number.

Andrea" <[email protected]

www.smoke51.com
    [protected]

• Cp
    cpage Nov 05, 2009

https://tips.fbi.gov/. It takes 30 seconds, do it.

• Di
    diane36 Nov 06, 2009

i too got scammed they sent me the free trial and i sent it right back only they didn't give me the two weeks. they charged me 359.80 and another 119.80. i have called the phone number only to get a recording and be hung up on and i sent them an email and no response. I had to go to the bank and cancel my card and file a complaint so they can invesigate. maybe i'll get my money maybe not. this company sux big time. they have taken the food right out of my childrens mouths. I hope they get locked up and the key thrown away!!!

• Kl
    klydekat Nov 10, 2009

Not being able to get ahold of human being and then having to cancel my cc just to stop the cartridges from being charged off every month. I never got my starter kit and emailed them countless times to get what I paid for. These people are shady and should not be trusted. I got two packages of cartridges if anyone wants them cheap! LOL

• Im
    imkwuzn Nov 11, 2009

I'm so glad I ran across this website! I've been trying in vain to contact these scam artists since signing up for the "free" trial in October. I've received two shipments of "refills" but never received the free starter kit so they're totally useless. I've sent 4 emails and they've charged my card 4 times without my knowledge. Just cancelled my Debit Card and will file a complaint with the BBB of Fla.