Smoke 51Scam, Fake and a theif

They took the original $9.95 and then $89.95 and $29.95 so I had to cancell my card, but not before they got the $89.95 but as of right now not the $29.95. I now see how people get rich as they have fake products and no working phone numbers to talk to a human all computerized, NO HUMAN interaction no matter how hard you try. THIS IS A SCAM! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! You will get a fake cigarette that looks like a toy in a not so fancy box that is hardly worth $2 and that is for the box!!!

• Le
    leflower Oct 07, 2009

also how convenient that they now have a new terms page on their website, that states that all correspondances are going to be all electronic and no human interaction. Just thought that I would add this as well, as I have just found this out myself.

• Bo
    bori58 Oct 07, 2009

I tried this product with the free trial they are offering and got scammed. I called their phone number for a RMA to return it and got a recording to email return @ smoke 51. I got a response that gave me an address, no name (like smoke51) and no RMA number. If you read in their return procedures it states not to send items back without a RMA number, so I've tried everything ( phone calls, email) and get only a recording or a email not giving a RMA number.
    They have already charged me the 89.95 and the 29.95. I am reporting them to the BBB and going to try to put a stop on thr payments and will have to close my account so for protection.

• Sm
    Smoke51sucker Oct 08, 2009

Hi, First I want to say I totally understand everyone's frustration with this company as you can add me to your list of VERY unhappy people! I, very innocently, signed up for their FREE trial package for the cost of shipping, 9.95 back on the 13th of September. Waited and waited for the product, seemingly a long time. Then, one morning, on the 28th of September I happened to open my checking account to see that I had a charge pending for 199.90 from someone called EZ Smoker with a tel number next to it. Well, of course I didn't recognize that company, so I called the number before going to my bank to report fraud. The number given game me EMAIL address' I could write to. I tried that from my email, got a returned mail error. So, I went to the site, "Smoke 51.com" and found address' to write there. I sent several emails explaining that I NEVER received any product from them, requesting a refund, and of course requested that copy of my mail be sent to my email addy. I didn't get any response, so I went to my bank, have a fraud case pending. I AM SO ANGRY about all of this as my emails were forwarded to another person stated as ""smoke Anywhere.com" yet no email address. Googled that company and got a TON of hits. So, which one was it? I guessed at any that mentioned smoke 51 went to that website and got another name "Miller Diversified Corp" which actually sells cattle feed!!! There was a yahoo link to the company stating that they were purchasing "smoke51", (pending) ???????? So, who are these people, bottom line? To this date I have gotten two emails from someone called "[email protected] who apparently is sending a "canned" response "thanking me for trying their product AND giving me a Returned Merchandise number which is totally ludicrous since I've never gotten anything to begin with!!! There is an FBI site that I/we can report internet fraud to. It is called an FBI IC3 report. I, also, have NEVER been able to get a LIVE person to take any of my calls or direct email address for anyone who is willing to take responsibility for this scam of an order. The only way people will find out how these people are thieves is if the public can find out about it. Does anyone know of way we can before MORE of a squeaky wheel? Gail V I can be reached at [email protected] for anyone with more information. My bank also stated to keep any correspondence you have with this group!!! The BBB will only really help if they are a member, are they??????

• Sw
    Sweadette Oct 30, 2009

I've been had too. Sent me 3 packs of filters but not unit to use them in. Sent an e-mail to cancel but got no reply. Hunted all over for phone numbers and finally contacted Smoke EVERYWHERE, play on words here, 51 uses the term ANYWHERE, at times, although their ad uses EVERYWHERE, their logo and one of their phone numbers. Called EVERYWHERE and they gave me 3 phone numbers that turned out to be recordings!! Going to dispute with credit card company and turn them in to Florida Consumer Protection. EVERYWHERE say their lawyers are working to stop them but the wheels of justice turn oh so slowly. Stay away from Smoke 51 or SMOKE ANYWHERE.
    Becky

• Da
    dawn_court_75494 Dec 31, 2009

Same charges for me. Wish I had ingnored Cnet and all the other reviews and typed in report smoke 51 scam. I learned the same lesson. Had to cancel my debit card too. Happy New Year and lets all pray we are smarter the next time.

• Ol
    OldBill Mar 11, 2010

Review all Smoke 51 Complaints. Upper right hand corner. There is an calculated campaign to spam them off the front page - providing even more damning proof that this is an obvious scam.

RepEC51 Jun 17, 2010

Old Bill,

I am sorry but that is far from the truth. What we are doing is not spamming it is supplying people with the terms and conditions for the trial to people that have signed up or are potentially interested in signing up so that they are clearly informed as to the terms of the trial. ONCE AGAIN SMOKE 51 IS NOT A SCAM. If anyone needs to contact our customer service department their hours of operation are from 9am-5pm eastern time Monday-Friday and the toll free# is [protected].

• Da
    dawn_court_75494 Jun 14, 2011

I purchased 12 cartons of cigs and they shipped on 04/26/2011 and I too have not received my order. Can't seem to get a refund from them and can't get a response from the 3rd party carrier.

RepEC51 Jun 14, 2011

dawn_court_75494,
    I think you are looking for a different company. Smoke 51 does not sell cartons of cigarettes or even cigarettes. We sell electronic cigarettes. If you are having trouble with an order for electronic cigarettes that you purchased from Smoke 51or one of our resellers please call the customer service department at [protected] or send an email to [email protected] and we will be glad to help you.

• Tr
    Trevor Tyler Jun 22, 2011

I have been customer of Smoke 51 for the past 18 months, and as of this week, have decided to discontinue my patronage with them. For nearly a year and a half, I have been paying what I feel to be a lot of money, for a product that is inconsistent in quality and satisfaction. There have been times when nearly 3 of the 5 cartridges that come in a pack have been duds, or very weak in terms of potency. In addition, it is a great fallacy that one duo cartridge lasts the duration of TWO PACKS of cigarettes, when in fact they are often shot after perhaps two uses. And that's assuming that you are fortunate to have a cartridge that isn't a dud. Furthermore, the customer service has been very poor, and I say that in a kind and diplomatic fashion. For starters, about a year ago, smoke 51 was sending out an alternate product which was dissimilar to their primary cartridge, which tasted terrible.. I received these items within two days prior to going on vacation. I called their Florida head quarters, and complained about the fact that this was not their usual brand, and the answer I received was " we are currently out of our usual product line." So I said, don't you notify your customers of such changes? The representative was clueless... Over the following year, I have had repeated incidents of poor customer service and product dissatisfaction, but tolerated, because I was afraid to try other brands, and did not want to return to lighting up. Most of the time, they are out of a certain dosage which is on back order, but rather than telling the customer up front about it, so that they can order something else, the company makes the consumer wait sometimes up to 3 weeks before sending them their purchase.. This past order was the last straw. I placed an order, and it turns out they had a systems failure and couldn't send my order in a timely fashion... Trying to be understanding, I said " okay, send it to me when you can." The rep on the phone said that they would ship it to me within two days... That was last week!! and as of monday, still hadn't received my order. I called them again, and spoke to a different person... They said that whoever took my call, did not submit the order and that it had not even been shipped... That was it!!! I would also like to conclude that this company offers no compensation for customer inconvenience.. The only thing you get ( if your lucky ) is a verbal apology. The customer service office and the wear house do not seem to communicate effectively with one another, hence, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.. This morning I have placed an order with Blu Smoke, and am hoping that they will be more satisfactory.

RepEC51 Jul 01, 2011

Trevor,
    I am sorry you feel this way. We try to take care of all of our customers needs as much as possible and I am sorry that you had some trouble with our company. Did you ever ask to be compensated for the problems you had? I am sure if you did we would not of had a problem compensating you for the problem with some extra filters or a discount on your next order. I know this to be the case because me being one of the managers here I know me and the other managers always go out of our way to make sure a client is compensated for a problem they have had.

• Tr
    Trevor Tyler Jul 06, 2011

Rep EC51,

I appreciate your response, and will take what you said into consideration. If I may however, your customer service department should be trained and willing to extend these courtesies to the patron when a problem arrises, as opposed to the customer ( myself ) having to ask for them. In other words, if I haven't received an order within the agreed upon time frame, and have called on more than one occasion in regards to it, then someone on the other end should be ready to compensate me for it. Just a thought. In addition, something needs to be done about the quality consistency of the 51 DUO cartridges. As I mentioned in my previous post, there are times when the unit is only partially functioning or is a complete dud altogether. I would not mention this to you, if it was something that only occurred once in a while, but I have found bad cartridges with virtually every order that I have received over the previous 18 months. There must be something going on in the manufacturing process. Perhaps these cartridges are processed on a belt, which passes them through a liquid injecting machine, and occasionally the device misfires or skips? I don't know. Other times, Ill take the first few puffs off a cartridge and a harsh burning sensation fills my lungs as though the heating coil has already burned out. I will say on a positive note that I enjoy the flavor and feeling of 51 ( when it works ), but quality control is something that smoke 51 needs to address.