Smith & WessonScam

The rebate offer I submitted for purchasing a M&P handgun included $50 cash and (2) extra gun magazines. My request was submitted March 2008. The $50 was received in mid May with no explanation of the (2) magazines. Upon receiving the $50 rebate, I contacted S&W (mid May) and received a response from Kate Fredette stating the magazines are on backorder and it would be 3-4 more weeks. I was also given a order number that must mean something on their end.

In early July, I responded to Ms. Fredette original e-mail inquiring to the status of the magazines and I was told that they did receive some magazines, but they were sent out on priority orders and were now out of stock again. I was asked to wait another 3-4 weeks.

The rebate offer I submitted clearly stated two things. $50 cash & (2) magazines. It is my interpretation that Smith & Wesson or their rebate center cannot keep up with the demand. This does not give me much confidence in their promotional offers and I doubt if I will purchase another Smith & Wesson product.

• Ri
    Rickinohio Apr 14, 2009

I didn't even get the $50.00. they said they never received my rebate, then said I called to late... Kate Fredette will be the end of Smith and Wesson!!! I'll never buy another s&w product!!!

Rick in Ohio..

• Ji
    Jimmy K. Jun 05, 2009

I'm also waiting for the two mags that I supposed to get by purchasing an MP handgun. This offer was directly from Smith & Wesson, not Cabelas. I filled out the form and promptly mailed it to them. It has been three months and no mags yet. I wonder how they expect to gain mind sets and market share when they don't even bother to send you a courtesy status update.

• Ti
    Tim in Ohio Jul 06, 2009

Same deal here. I went to buy the Springfield XD in the .40, but was suckered in to the 2-free mag deal and purchased the M&P .40. A friend of mine bought the same gun 2 weeks after I did, received his mags in 6 weeks. I called and inquired about my mag status and the customer service rep said he had 2 mags and would send them out. 3 days later I received 2 mags, but they were 9mm! I sent them back and I'm still waiting. It's been 15 weeks now. If this is the norm for S&W I believe I'm done dealing with them.

Tim in Ohio

• Ms
    msheto1 Aug 09, 2016

I Purchased a New S&W Model 29 Classic 6.5: Barrel waited about 7 months to get it and when I received the Gun the wooden grips were defective they wobble on the gun. I tried to tighten would not correct so I called S&W Customer Service they wanted me to mail them the grips at my expense to swap them out. I ask if I could get a Return Auth. Tracking number he said they don't give RA's on grips that's considered an accessory ? At this point I do not trust S&W and I am going to try and get my My $995.00 back I paid for the gun.

• Ar
    Aresea Nov 10, 2017

I guess I made a Mistake buying a s&w product. The m&p shield works great, but the deciding thing was the mags, ammo, and mag loader I was supposed to get, I don't think it will ever happen again.

• To
    Tom Swinburn Dec 04, 2017

@Aresea I bought (same deal) in early September. With you I think it's a lost cause. Had I read some of these boards prior to purchasing the S&W I'd have bought something else. I hate doing business with companies I see as nothing more than thieves. But NEVER AGAIN.

• De
    Dennis J.Long Jan 08, 2018

I just purchased a 9 mm 12/16/2017, an was unable to load bullets into either magazine. I called S &W they informed me to return the 9mm and both magazines. I sent it 12/21/2017, S &W rec'd it on 12/26/2017. I called today 1/8/2018 asking why I haven't heard from them, as it was only the two magazines in question. I was told it takes 6 to 8 weeks to check it out. It's only the magazines that need to be replaced. Return it to me and I'll take it to another gun shop. REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN S&W CUSTOMER SERVICE. PLUS IT'S VERY HARD TO GET THROUGH TO THEM. S&W SOLD ME A HANDGUN THAT COULDN'T BE USED, AND OFFERED ME NO HELP.