slipcovers.comScam

P

I am having a dispute with an online company, Slipcovers.com. Briefly, I purchased 2 slipcovers; they did not fit my couches. I immediately returned them & requested a refund, & Slipcovers.com's response was that the slipcovers were returned "with stains", so they are refusing to issue a refund. The total amount of both slipcovers is just under $150. I live in North Carolina, & Slipcovers.com is a company in New York. I am 100% positive that I absolutely did NOT stain their slipcovers, because all I did was take them out of the package, try to get them to fit the couches, & when there was no way I could get them to fit, I folded them up & shipped them back. Slipcovers.com claims that they have "photos of the stains". I never photographed the slipcovers, but I did not notice any stains when I was trying to put them on, & there is no way that either slipcover could have possibly been stained while in my possession.

I do most of my shopping online, & fortunately have not run into any other problems. (Otherwise, I would have to stop shopping online. This issue w/ Slipcovers.com has become such a hassle, & I hate hassles!) Usually, online shopping is so easy & convenient. My credit card company is saying there is nothing they can do. I know there must be some government agency that handles consumer complaints like mine. If anyone has any advice or suggestions, I would be most appreciative. Thank you.