SkuLLCandy Headphonesterrible quality

Bearly 2 months ago I brought the £32.99 skullcandy headphones out of my EMA because they appealed to me.
However, just after 2months they have suddenly snapped in 3 different places! I take very good care of everything I have bought especially expensive things.
I am appalled at how faulty they are! They snapped at exactly the same points on each side of the headphones.
and the worst thing is that HMV won't do anything about it because i have no receipt! Al I wan't is an exchange!
My bank statement clearly says: card payment to HMV on the 13.3.09 £32.99.
Do you think this would help?
Please email me at: [protected]@hotmail.com (the o's in poison are zero's)

thanks,
Charlotte Crawcour

terrible quality

• tazzy May 09, 2009

i strongly agree with charlotte on this, its an outrage and deserves the a++++ treatment in this being resolved!

• phiit29 Jun 22, 2009

My boyfriend has been buying that brand for a few years. He's pretty rough on his headphones and they've always replaced his with no problems. Most times, you can register your warranty with the store that you purchased them from. I always suggest keeping your receipt just in case.

As long as you register the product (it's free to do it), you will be guaranteed a lifetime of replacements as long as the damage is not on purpose.

• Si
    Six_Claws_Mcgee Jul 03, 2009

Skullcandy headphones are pure garbage. I went through two pairs in two months. They both broke in the exact same way. One of the earbuds went completely dead, followed by the other one shortly after.
    How much money do you have to spend to get a pair of headphones that won't break after 30 days of sitting on a desk?

• N1
    n1ll0 Jan 09, 2010

Im not sure which model you guys have had trouble with but i have had a couple pairs of the ink'd headphones and they were great. I had the first set for several months with absolutely no problems and the only reason I had to replace them was because my cat chewed the cable in half. I have had the second set for almost a year now and they are still work perfectly.