sks associatestrying to collect bogus charges on Credit Card Machine

B

Got a letter from SKS Associates telling me that we owe some back tax processing and filing fees on a lease of a Credit Card Machine --- I have stopped payment on the debit --- Please let all the States know about this scam.

Grashoppr Apr 18, 2011

SKS won't provide anybody with a satisfactory explanation because there isn't one. They're STEALING, plain and simple.

In addition to filing disputes with your bank, please consider filing a complaint with the BBB, FTC and NY Attorney General.

On the Facebook page, "SKS Associates Raided My Bank Account" there are links to all of the places where you can file your grievances.

• Ca
    calcat Apr 18, 2011

I just noticed SKS Associates withdrew $135.21 from my account on 4/7. I called the 866 number and also was asked to input my SS #. I didn't but did put my phone number in as it was the only way to get to a human. I asked him who they were and why they debited my account. He said something to the affect that they were a credit card processing company. I tried to asked another question and he had hung up on me.

I did fax the dispute into my bank (BOA). Hopefully I'll get refunded!

• Sk
    SKellogg Apr 16, 2011

This "company" should stop taking what is not theirs. We receive a notice too. I can not comprehend the fact that someone would want to do such a low life thing!

Grashoppr Apr 11, 2011

There is now a temporary restraining order in effect prohibiting SKS et al. from doing this further.

Check out skspmt "dot" net for more info, or "SKS Associates Raided My Bank Account" on Facebook for more information and links to where to file complaints (BBB, FTC, NY Attorney General.)

Grashoppr Apr 11, 2011

Ron, when was the withdrawal made? There is now a Temporary Restraining Order in effect (as of 4/8/11) prohibiting them from doing this anymore.
    Details are posted on the Facebook page, "SKS Associates Raided My Bank Account" or at skspmt "dot" net (this is our consumer alert page).

Ron J Apr 11, 2011

These guys must be on a roll. They withdrew $132 from my account without any notification or authorization. When I called the number for them (provided by my bank), the first thing they wanted through the auto-attendant was my SSN!

• Kg
    K G Riley Apr 09, 2011

Took money out of checking account without autherization.

Grashoppr Apr 08, 2011

They offered you $75 to go away? There's a real new development.

If you would like to share that with other victims, we have a growing Facebook community - SKS Associates Raided My Bank Account.

About an hour ago I got my letter back through the BBB stating that SKS will not pursue me further. Curiously, it's identical to the one another in our FB group received from Northern Leasing also via the BBB. They are both authorized by the same person even!

And mine was faxed to the BBB from "SKS" on a fax machine whose header says LFG2 (as in, Lease Finance Group).

For claiming that SKS is a separate entity, they sure do share a lot!

• Aa
    aallman Apr 08, 2011

same thing happened to me, my equipment lease was almost 10 years ago. i filed complaints with BBB, FTC, and NY AG. When I called to let SKS, they said they could offer me a deal if i did not report them. Now mind you, prior to me telling them i was reporting them, he justified his charges. They then offered me a bribe to keep my mouth shut in the form of a refund. I told them they could keep their 75.00 and it was worth it to see them get shut down and sued. My bank is refunding me the money anyway since it was fraud. Report them, it will be the onyl way they get shut down.

• Co
    constantine0147 Apr 08, 2011

i bought a coral player for 0.95 dollars but now i am being charged 19.95 for it n i am not authorizing the transaction but its happenin anyway, need to stop it

rosatis of tucson Apr 08, 2011

This company took money from my account without my approval

Grashoppr Apr 07, 2011

Another victim near Albany, NY has a news team coming to interview them too.

The media is hearing us!

Jacquelyn B Apr 07, 2011

Northern Leasing deducted $154.35 from my business account on February 18, 2011. SKS Associates deducted $95.93 from my same account this morning! I contacted Northern Leasing in February and was given the same story about fees and taxes. I requested they send me a copy of my original lease contract highlighting their claim to my money. Also, I requested a release form. The rep assured me no other fees would be deducted from my account and these forms would be mailed to me immediately. I never received any forms, a copy of my original contract or billings from them. This morning I contacted my bank and they have stopped payment for this recent withdrawal attempt. I have filed a claim with my bank and I'm in the process of filing reports with the FTC and NY State Attorney General.

Grashoppr Apr 07, 2011

Please join the Facebook page: SKS Associates Raided My Bank Account. I spoke with a CBS Reporter today. Reporter and camera man came to my shop so I could tell my story (and everyone else's!)... things are starting to heat up.

• Te
    techz Apr 07, 2011

Our company leased equipment with Northern leasing almost 10 years ago. Today there was a debit to our business checking for about $75.00 . We called the bank, disputed the charge which is being refunded. We also contacted the BBB in NY and filed a complaint on Northern Leasing for a debit without prior notification of anykind. We never received any letter or phone call about this prior to the debit.

Grashoppr Apr 07, 2011

There is a CBS Reporter on her way to my shop to interview me about this.

Hopefully we'll get it the attention it deserves.

• Ce
    Celtic Craft Apr 07, 2011

4/7/11. I had an account with Northern leasing about 10 years ago which I closed in 2006.
    This morning they debited my account $200 for what they call back taxes. I called their office in NYC and told them that I was aware of their scam and that I was filing a report with the FBI, the Federal Trade Commission and the NY State attorney General's Office.
    At first they said "there is no statute of limitations on collecting taxes" and asked for my SS # at which time I went ballistic with them and within minutes they were offering me a refund. If, what they did initially was legal, why offer a refund so fast. I gave them until 4pm today to get the money back in my account or face a lawsuit.
    Joe Dunne . Celtic Craft www.celticcraft.net

Ron 26 Apr 07, 2011

There's a Facebook site on this scam ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/SKS-Associates-Raided-My-Bank-Account/214666205214255. Be sure to post your story here!

Grashoppr Apr 06, 2011

File the appropriate complaints: Bank first to get your money back. BBB, FTC, NY Attorney General.

A complainant on another board just got word back through the BBB that Northern will not pursue that lessee.

The law firms with litigation in progress are aware. Enough of us are making noise, people are starting to listen. Keep the pressure on.

• Fu
    Full Service Glass Apr 06, 2011

Full Service Glass of VA also had $180 debited from my account this morning. With this many businesses already up in arms. This tactic can not go on.

• De
    debbieinnc Apr 06, 2011

Unlike most of you, I did not receive a letter. They took 127.90 out of my bank account and left me to try to figure out who this company was. We had a machine for my husband's business, returned it and closed the account between 10-14 years ago. I am furious that any company can take money out of your account without approval. They need to be punished and closed! We all should be compensated!

Grashoppr Apr 04, 2011

I just went a step further and contacted Signtronix (my issue is over a ridiculous lease/purchase of one of their grossly overpriced signs). Shame on me for getting duped into the thing in the first place, but to be victimized twice... we'll see if the company responds. (I'm not holding my breath).

All complaints to proper agencies are filed. Facebook group is growing (more slowly than I'd like). I just wish a media agency would grab this and run with it.

• Fa
    FADoc Apr 04, 2011

To Everyone posting here: These clowns are out of NY.
    NY Attorney General Complaint Form is online PDF fill it out print it Fax it to them the form asks if you contacted the "merchant " first their number is available online it useless but get the name of someone and describe the response on the complaint form. DO NOT give them your SS# or YOUR bank account # they already stole your money. FAX # is on the top of the form.

Grashoppr Apr 03, 2011

Wow. How are they getting bank account numbers that weren't tied to the businesses? In my case, the business account is the same because I'm still in business and using the same account. But how they are getting account numbers that are not tied to a going concern is really frightening.

• Er
    ernied Apr 03, 2011

I got hit April 1 for $110. Eleven years ago Northern Leasing was the company that processed my business' point of sale credit card processing. I closed business and that account in good standing in late 2001. I don't even know how they got this bank account number, as it was opened 6 months later and had no ties to my business. I will be calling my bank and the Fl Attorney Generals Office in the morning.

• Bu
    businesss Apr 01, 2011

We also have been charged an unauthorized amount of $82 from our bank account! What the *%@$!!!

Grashoppr Apr 01, 2011

I have started a Facebook page called SKS Associates Raided My Bank Account.

I'm hoping it goes viral and draws some media attention. If you're on Facebook, please search for that title and join the page.

• Fa
    FADoc Apr 01, 2011

To everyone posting here there's many of us me for 180.00 last time I did anything with northern leasing or in my case northern capital was 2005 after getting burnt for a credit card machine to the tune of $4200.00 after the buy out never checked until 8 yrs later because I thought hell it just 33.00 a month. SKS Associates is is based in NY city.

So NY Attorney General Complaint Form is online PDF fill it out print it Fax it to them they require that you contact the "merchant " first their number is available online it useless but get the name of someone and describe the response on the complaint form. DO NOT give them your SS# or YOUR bank account # they already stole your money.
    NY AG NY AG NY AG

Grashoppr Apr 01, 2011

There are now 105 reports on /link removed/ Most in the last few days, all since March 4th. I seriously wonder what it takes to stop people from doing this?

I wonder how many more haven't noticed, haven't gone online to post about it or will just let it slide because it's "only" $100 or so...

There's a special place in H... for people who do this sort of thing.

• Mi
    Midwest Auto and Diesel Mar 31, 2011

I also received a debit on my bank account for 34.06 with no explanation whatsoever. Just the name SKS Associates and their phone # [protected] . I got the same runaround as everyone else; they can't tell me anything without my contract # or my SSN ( I wasn't born yesterday) I don't think so! I also talked to a supervisor who tried to talk me out of the same information (not a chance). Eventually I told them I was going to have the bank reverse the charges and report them to the attorney general. Someone needs to lock these people up! It's hard enough to make a living as a small business without a bunch of crooks trying to scam everbody!

• Sw
    SwconTX Mar 31, 2011

I didn't even get a letter. Balancing my bank account I come across the debit to my account. Called the number I found online and talked to Eric. He told me the story about the taxes, etc, etc. He faxed a copy of my contract with Northern Leasing which tell me any applicable taxes and fees are added to my monthly charges! Got it in writing. Called by bank and they are faxing the appropriate forms so I can file this with their fraud department.

Lets get'em guys!

Grashoppr Mar 31, 2011

My bank gave me the name of the bank that these debits are going to. I just contacted them by email to politely advise them of what's going on. I saw someone else's post someplace where the money had been going to a bank in Texas but when the victim contacted the bank, that bank made it stop. This bank is in AZ, so I just dropped them a little note suggesting they check into things. Hopefully that will slow them down a bit.

Ron 26 Mar 31, 2011

I'm a small buisness owner myself. I checked my account today and was shocked to find a debit from SKS Associates for $87.44. No letter or nothing. I called my bank for more information on this charge and received the phone number for SKS Associates. I called and talked to a rep who said you had back taxes and other stuff still owed. I bluntly said NO ... I received a letter from Northern Leasing and chose the buyout option. I paid the buyout IN FULL ck#2515 on 10/12/2004. <--- Yes, 6-1/2 YEARS ago! Any monies owed would have been included and paid under the buyout option ... plain & simple. THOUGHT I was done. Gee ... guess I was wrong. Rep said funds would be returned to my account ... we'll see if that happens. Pretty bad when EVERYONE has their grubby paws in your checking account taking your money w/o permission. Can't wait for the day when Uncle Sam starts making his own withdrawals from our account! ---Ron

Grashoppr Mar 31, 2011

I just spoke with another local retailer whose shop I frequent and she has a similar sign to mine. She got ripped for $120+. I told her about all the online complaints and we exchanged emails and I've sent her information on who to complain to and where, and of course how to get her money back.

Unbelievable.

• This is fraud, plain and simple. What's even funnier in all this is that they completely misspelled my name and my business name. Hacked it really. If they actually have my account information hopefully they did as good a job with the account number. Since they "recently acquired the rights" to this company, they infact have no cause to audit accounts going back 10 years. Even the IRS doesn't go back that far. Gimme a break!

Grashoppr Mar 31, 2011

To Moore's Auto & Truck - when I opened my letter I called Northern Leasing directly (NOT the SKS number). Within 5 minutes, Elizabeth had faxed me my original contract, and what I had paid and when, excluding the deposit paid to the salesman by check. When I called back to ask where the alleged taxes went, I got a guy who mumbled his name and he was supposed to fax back and never did (surprise, surprise!)

Last night I retrieved all my paperwork from Northern as well as Lease Finance and I have it in hand so now I can really begin my fight in earnest.

I have seen over 100 complaints online - here and on other sites. I can only imagine the tens of thousands of dollars they have stolen from their former customers. It boggles the mind that they have been getting away with this for about a month from what I can tell.

Grashoppr Mar 31, 2011

I filed a complaint with the BBB yesterday, on SKS. They hit me yesterday for $97.63. I've already been in touch with my bank, they were supposed to stop they payment but it went through (I'm sure they will reverse it today). I also filed a complaint with the FTC. I'll be filing more complaints today, with NY and GA Attorney Generals' offices. I had to pull my paperwork from 2008, which is when my contract ended. I keep pretty good records.

I also had another equipment lease with Lease Finance Group so I'm sort of waiting to see if the other shoe drops and they try to come after me for more on that one.

Never mind the fact that "leasing" equipment means you pay for it 5 times over... this adds insult to injury that after they ripped us off once, they're ripping us off again.

Everybody needs to file the appropriate complaints. This outfit NEEDS to be shut down.

• Mo
    Moore's Auto & Truck Mar 31, 2011

SKS Associates is a "Collection Agencies" according to the Better Business Bureau...www.bbb.com. Not one complaint yet. I'm waiting for the fax I was promised...then I'm taking the facts and submitting a complaint.

• Mo
    Moore's Auto & Truck Mar 30, 2011

March 30, 2011, SKS Assoc. debited my account for $100. I Googled them and found they aquired Northern Leasing Systems, Inc. recently. My bank gave me the number to call. I had been in a contract that was a lease to buy a sign for our business. I completed the purchase in August of 2007.

1st call to SKS: They said I owed property tax and fees, which they found after an audit. He continually said there was no statute of limitations. They said a letter was sent. I said I did not receive, fax to me. The fax was a copy of the letter, date 28 March 2011. It is a generic letter stating the audit said I owed "certain taxes and related fees." It said my account would be debited
    30 March 2011. No way I would have received the letter before the debit. (If they sent it)

I called back [protected] 2 more times:

2nd call: I said I do not pay property tax in NY. I was then told the $100. was for filing fees only. I told her I stopped the debit, since I still have not been notified in writing as to what I am being billed for, nor were they authorized to debit my account. I was then threatened with a collection agency. When I asked for the bill stating what the charge is for in writing the phone went dead.

3rd call: I asked for a supervisor...it took a bit, but I got one. He tries to tell me it is for credit card machine fees. It took me a bit to get him to understand it was a sign. He was sure I was confused. He agrees to put exactly what it is for in writing and fax to me. But, constantly reminds me that there is no time limitation. Guess they can charge what they want with no proof forever.

For all I know this could be a scam. I have a call in to the N.Y. Attorney General.

Robin's PO'd Mar 30, 2011

I also had my checking account dedited for $100. When I called I had no idea who the company was, what I don't understand is how can they dedit my account (which was a totally different account than what I used when I was leasing from them) for a charge which they say is an administrative charge. I Sterling, there rep, that mylease was over in 12/09, I sent a final buy out pymt on 4/10. If they had any fees associated it should have been taken care of at that time. Not a year later. I am sending a complaint into Better Business. This company had no right even if they sent a letter (which I havent received yet).