skoda - lauraa/c compressor, tyres,suspension

D

hi

here's another unfortunate owner of skoda laura...sum probs with a/c compressor...i hav contaced the dealer and they adviced me to go for a replacement...

suspensions are really bad and not at all comfortable...

tyres...those orginal imported dulop wears out so fast and cushioning effect is also much inferior when compared to other cheaper brands...

i really dont know wt to do...can anyone help me out please...lets all laura owners come united in solving these issues that are commonly encountered in most of the lauras...

• As
    Ashok Yalamanchili Nov 16, 2009

The problem you mentioned are true. Had the same problem myself. The Dunlop tyres developed tears even before the vehicle did 15, 000kms. I had to change them at my own cost as Skoda was not willing to replace them. Then the AC compressor went bust which, by the grace of god(rather than Skoda), was replaced under warranty. Then I had the experience of my ESP unit being ripped off and being replaced with a faulty one from another vehicle, when it was sent to the workshop for servicing. Had to fight with the company for 1 year with the company to no avail. It was later on replaced by the servicing dealer as it was their mistake. The Customer Care Dept at Skoda doesn't know english or don't even bother to read the complaints given to them. God alone can save the customers of Skoda. I think my Skoda Laura will be the last ever car I'm going to buy from Skoda.

• Ha
    harshbajaj82 May 05, 2011

skoda laura's over all stability for indian conditions is too bad... my car first had some ' multi function display' issues but thankfully was replaced under warranty, original dunlop tyres weared off very quickly (within 30000 kms) where as which should last at least 70k. Then around six months back complete clutch assembly was changed for which I had to shell out over 40K. the drivers window in my vehicle has also been a problem, it rolls down on its own when trying to roll it up... have got the motor changed once at my cost from the dealer but it has started hpng again? Now there are problems with the compressor unit and dealer suggests changing it along with condensor and other few parts and have given an oral quotation of Rs. 75k +??? an horn set of skoda octavia costs Rs. 600 but that of Laura costs Rs. 6000?? is anyone out there to listen to consumers? it seems to be a new way to loot India.

• Aj
    ajay goel ag May 01, 2014

As soon as my skoda laura came out of warranty, I have been facing consistent poblems right from AC compresor costing 35000/- out side dealership to tyres and wipers wearing out. I have had car of different brands earlier but never faced so many problems. SURE this is going to be my last car from skoda.

Not at all satisfied with durability of parts and cost is very stiff.
    Pl contact me at