Sk:n ClinicsScandal Shocking Complaint against company

Dear Complaints Department

I would like you to be aware that there is currently a customer bank details and a huge health and safety scandal hitting Sk:n Clinics. Sk:n Clinics is a cosmetic surgery company which specialise in skin surgery.

The head office is located in 34 Harborne Road in Birmingham in Five Ways Birmingham. They have numerous clinics all over the world.

They have several health and safety implications which deem the workplace unsafe for employees. Several stray wires, paper on the floor, overflowing dustbins, and employees hating the bosses some employees are taking legal action against them.

The kitchen is absolutely dirty, in fact so dirty that the smell alone prevents people from entering the kitchen.

A very important issue is that customer's Bank details are not safe and are easily accessible from anyone, please let your customers know. I should know as I unfortunately work there. Customer's bank details can be easily intercepted and copied as there is no cctv within the buildings. This needs to be investigated, but I did not know who to turn to. I just typed cosmetic surgery into google and your name came up. Please do something. You are my only hope.

There is a serious flaw in the IT system, customer accounts are accessible and bank details can be retained and copied. Computer passwords are not allowed to be changed by employees. IT do not allow employees in the call centre to change passwords.

There are several other issues including bullying in the workplace and against excellent team members.

They have already been in the newspapers for allowing under-18s to have botox, this provoked them to change their age limit to 25, however there are some very serious advertising issues which persuades children to have cosmetic surgery.

Please put this in the newspaper or in your company magazine, or do something fast, as I feel that is necessary for the public to feel safe and complain against Sk:n Clinics.

Thanks

Bally Burji

• He
    Helen Brady Oct 10, 2016

I had an awful experience on Saturday and cannot find an email of any director to send my complaint to: see my email below:
    I am writing to express my total disappointment, anger and the total humiliation of the way I was treated on Saturday when I attended your clinic in Epsom.
    I had previously telephoned the clinic in June and enquired for the price of a package of 3 botox sessions and one filler of Juvederm.
    I was given the price of £645.60 by the manager at the time, and I subsequently paid this with my card, informing her that when my next treatment was due, I would telephone and make my appointment.
    I arrived at the clinic today to see Dr Cliff, who gave me my filler treatment and one botox treatment. When I came out of the treatment room and went to the reception/waiting area, I was met by a new manager called Gemma Bryce, who informed me that there was more to pay. I advised her that I had already paid for my treatments upfront and that there were still two botox treatments to take in due course. I was then told, this was incorrect and I was unable to leave the clinic until I had paid a further £147.88. I advised her this wasn’t the case and she continued telling me that I hadn’t paid and that there was nothing on file to show I had paid. I informed her that Gina, the receptionist had had two pages of my payment in a lever arch file and I had seen this when I had intended my review appointment. I had been told by Gina at the time, not to worry as she had all the details and would do the necessary admin.
    I felt completely humiliated, embarrassed and distressed. All the patients in the waiting area heard everything, including an account of my treatment that day, and the fact that I was being accused on non payment. The conversation was also overheard by the Nurse Leanne, and Dr Cliff, who were in reception at the time. It is totally unprofessional to discuss treatments in front of patients in the waiting/reception area, and accusing me of not paying, when there was no proof of this. I was very distressed and felt under duress to pay the money to be able to leave the clinic. Gemma told me if I was able to prove from my card payment that I had already paid, she would refund me that afternoon.
    I went home and looked at my statement which showed, I had paid, as I had said, the price agreed of £645.60. I emailed a copy of my statement and spoke to Gemma. I was then informed that she would be contacting the accounts department on Monday and I would either get a call from them on Tuesday, or by herself on the Thursday - at no time was I told this was going to happen, which now means I believe I won’t be getting a refund.
    This is a total administration error on your behalf, and it is absolutely disgusting that I have been made to feel like a criminal in the way I was spoken to and dealt with, not to mention the withholding of the payment I made on Saturday
    As a long standing customer of nearly 10 years with the clinic, I feel I have been treated intolerably. To be told I was unable to leave the clinic without paying when the clinic is currently holding two treatments worth of botox for me is totally unacceptable.
    I am expecting you to look into this matter and the way in which it has been handled and to refund me my £147.88 immediately, not to mention any compensation you deem
    appropriate.I await your response

• It
    ity Dec 08, 2015

Agree with above complaints.
    My daughter had treatments at Skn for acne which did not work.
    She went back for a consultation.
    They asked her to buy more creams and refused to refund or answer complaints
    Very rude and unprofessional

• Un
    unknowed Jul 17, 2015

Agreed. terrible company both in regards to the way they treat employee's and customers.
    Ive heard that health and safety from the local council may be doing and investingation aswell and more law suits.

Ex employee

• Wi
    Wilkinson Genevieve Mar 06, 2013

I also had a very bad experience in a sk:n clinic at Newcastle upon Tyne. I took an appointment for a talk about my skin. The appointment was at 9.30 a.m. I received 2 texts and 2 e-mails asking me to make sure I would arrive 10 minutes before the appointment, which I did. I was rushed into a room at 10 a.m. My appointment was with a dermatologist, there was no conversation, I was told that I needed laser treatment for brown patches on my skin and that the dermatologist ( I am very suspicious and think the person was not a dermatologist at all) would do a trial test in two places on my face. I was asked to sign a form . I felt nervous as I never had a laser treatment before and also because everything seemed to happen fast. I was suddenly on a couch, sweating and very nervous. I presumed however that this was part of the consultation for which I was asked to pay 99 pounds. In fact as I was rushed out and found myself at the reception desk I was asked to pay for another 100 pounds, 50 pounds per trial test!! I felt very vulnerable. I never saw my face in amirror and when I went out I noticed people were looking at me, my husband was shocked to see the bruise on my face. I went back the following day when I felt calmer and made a complain. I was told that I could go back for a free consultation, which was not free since I had already paid 99 pounds for a consultation that I never got and I would be given a 15% reduction on any follow up treatment, the girl was shaking, she gave me a tube of sk:n cream. Of course i have no intention of going back to this place and i am writing to warn people about the malpractice and bullying ways of that clinic.

SallyJay Dec 18, 2012

Agree entirely with the above comments although suggest things are much worse than this. The business is going under! Poor managers and directors all out for their own selves. The CQC should be involved more heavily and really hammer down on these clinics! Hopefully a competitor will take over soon and push these muppets out of the water!!

• Lo
    louloumc Mar 06, 2012

I recently had sculptra treatment, i paid for a course of 3 injections up front as the consultant told me i would need 3 injections for the results i expected, i asked to return for a review 2 months later as the sculptra should start to work, while the consultant was studying my face he started to inject more saying it was just to top up. I took this as part of the treatment i had paid for up front as i was not asked if i wanted more. The consultant left the room then a nurse asked me to pay £400, i was mortified, i did not ask for anymore injections as i had paid for the full course that the consultant said i would need, i did not have the £400, the nurse told me they would not let me leave without paying, the manager came in & told me to ring with the payment by the next day at the latest, i left the clinic feeling confused & devastated wondering where the hell do i get £400 from, i used my rent & utility bill money to pay & i am now in debt, i have written to head office & yet to recieve a reply, i will NEVER use the clinic ever again, i saved for 2 yrs for my treatment which cost me nearly £2.000 & i regret the whole treatment. I am looking into taking this further!! They couldnt give a toss who you are as long as they can screw you for every penny they can get out of you.

• Te
    Teresa Snell Feb 27, 2012

As an ex employee I totally agree with you.
    Sk:n is a terrible employer and they have a lousy reputation.
    Staff are treated very badly.
    Taking customers credit card numbers should stop immediately
    Chelsea Girl