Singles.netPoor customer service!

M

Don't sign up for this service. Tried the trial service. Never could get in. They kept saying that my password wasn't any good. Sent numerous emails to the company. Not one was answered. I found this to be too much of a hassle to even bother further.

JAMES DEAN Jul 21, 2007

I believe the company may be a front for foriegn scammers. Noticed that flirt messages were sent without profile being viewed or photo posted. When asked how this could be possible, was given answer 'that it meant profile had been viewed, flirts were sent by a person, not necessarily 'the' person'. When I asked how this could be possible as it was a contradiction, I got evasive replies in bad english, apparently bad Russian translation. Not sure this site is even legit...

• Ri
    Richard Conley Aug 25, 2007

I agree with the posters above I think this is some kind of front. Lady's with minimal information on their page the same canned responses and all have hotmail accounts hmmmmm. buyer beware

Anonymous Sep 05, 2007

It seems to me that whenever you click on a profile that person is sent an e-mail stating that person is interested in you. This is a scam and some sort of action should be taken..

• Ri
    richard albergucci Sep 12, 2007

i think singles.net is a bogus sight, i keep getting
    messages from chicks who say they live in a particular state and then when i have talked with them they live in some other country, one of which was a russian brod...then i get messages and flirts
    from women and all i get is bogus emails and links to
    diffrent dating and garbage sites...singles.net blow a
    ball sack

• In
    inan Sep 12, 2007

actually, if yr a women, since u dont pay........& men do....the guys can freely harrass & threaten you & mate1 will REMOVE YOUR PROFILE. Check also http://www.freedatingusa.com/singlesnetcom.asp

justin coutu Sep 13, 2007

i farted in my pants........ya that service sucks the rectum of a cow

• E
    E Sep 17, 2007

Singles.net is a bogus site. There is no question. Everyone of the comments above is accurate and true. I have toyed with the foriegners who apparently run the site in order to drive people to other sites trying to get them to let me 'help' them in their quest because it is so obviously a scam when they send the bogus contacts. So far, they haven't bitten. I'll keep you posted if they ever do. Though I have to say, there are some legitimate women who have profiles, but the vast majority of them are psychotic...

• Ly
    Lynda Mackie Sep 17, 2007

My only comment is that I, with the urging of a friend posted a profile. I actually met with 2 men in my area who were very nice. My friend has met her mate and are planning retirement to-gether. I don't know whether or not it is primarily a scam but I do know that the above it true.

justin coutu Sep 21, 2007

they are gay.... i told a rep on the phone when i got one after two hours..... that they suck huge ### and that thair scam service wasn't fooling anyone, those guys can lick my ###

• Je
    jeff eckstein Sep 27, 2007

this is a bogus site. if you scroll through all the matches, they are just the same ones posted, but, in different order. there is no way to tell if they are active or not. i get a lot of unsolictited "matches" from people with no pic and the profiles are written in bad, broken english.
    i'm cancelling my membership and hope i am not a victim of credit fraud. stay away from these people.

• Te
    teresa gnagie Oct 03, 2007

i would have to verify my email etc. every time i tried to look at someone much less try to talk to them. i put it on a charge card so i'm having to through making sure they don't keep paying for this bogus sight. i'm glad i only sighned up for one month to try it!but i have to agree it sight is the worst one yet! i tried to cancel afer 2 weeks of their crap, i hope it went through.

• Ke
    ken montgomery Oct 07, 2007

I agree with all of you! I have belonged to this site for a2 0r 3 months, never even got my first date. I tell you what though, I can't count the times I have emailed chicks that were supposedly from my home town, just to find out they are stuck at some airport, or they are at the bank, and find they all need sums of money! Send me money, emergency! If you send me money I will come and stay with you!
    All have one thing in common, send me money now, and all seem to be from NIGERIA!

Now I am having trouble quitting this! They keep charging my credit card, I told credit card company, and they said I have to go through SIngles.net. I did, still they charge me! Where does this end?

Ken MOntgomery

chris Oct 11, 2007

This is the most [censored]ed up site I have ever seen, do not sign up for it, most of the people are bogus or are crazy!

chris Oct 11, 2007

This is [censored], I would like to know how to get my money back because i just noticed them charging me 25 bucks a month and i only signed up for one. I sent them a nice lil email though

• Ke
    kelli wells Oct 17, 2007

I hate this website. For a week now, every time i click on "email", it takes me right back to the sign on screen. Tried to text my problem, but no response (surprising). Not to mention their are no good looking guys on here t all! I got crazy, psychotic emails from sick looking men, CONSTANTLY!! This is a joke!

Andrew Schlessinger Nov 05, 2007

I, too, farted in my pants on Singles.net and cockroaches came out of my anus and ran as far away from the website as they possibly could. Little did they know, they had not reached safety, but, rather they'd fallen upon the scene of the crime arriving in Nigeria and Russia. The cockroaches were so outraged at the subhuman creations they found stealing identities, making fake credit cards, willfully destroying people's lives in order to somehow procreate within their maggot-infested gene pool, they belched up whatever trace of feces they could muster from my singles.net pants fart - their sole proud possession - and chose instead to starve themselves to death in civil disobedience. This was the first time in history of the cockroach species it's been documented that they committed suicide.

• Vi
    viorel boborodea Nov 10, 2007

I agree with all the above. I think Yahoo is responsible for allowing this bogus site to advertise on their main page. Is there any recourse? Any ideas smb? VB.

• Th
    Thubans Riffler Nov 12, 2007

I have had none of the troubles mentioned above. I've met only nice legitimate women. I know many of the things noted happen, but I have yet to experience them on singlesnet.com. My only complaint is there is a limit to the amount of flirts you can send to one person. Giving singlesnet.com your credit card number! What were you thinking?

• Th
    Thubans Riffler Nov 12, 2007

One more comment. They keep editing my "about me" section. That pisses me off.

• Da
    darin duval Nov 21, 2007

TOTAL BULL**IT COMPANY. GET OUT NOW. I ###***' FINALLY WOKE UP AND THIS WEBSITE IS A COMPLETE JOKE. [censored] U SINGLESNET!!!

• He
    henry hutter Nov 24, 2007

I signed up for $9.95 and was charged $25.95. can't even get on the sight. No response from this company. Scam used their less than 2 Hours. Yahoo should not allow this sight.

cheri casey Dec 13, 2007

I did not sign up to be a member but I did talk to one seemingly nice person. One thing that I thought to be rather odd though is that they do not offer inter-racial dating and as I emailed them about this they simply told me that they do not offer this feature as of this time. In 2007, this feauture should be honored for those that are interested. none the less, I would not become a member there.

junecleaver Jan 05, 2008

It seems to me that most of the people who are complaining might have come in contact with a BOGUS website for singlesnet cause it sure doesn't sound like the one I'm on. I am a woman though so I don't have anyone asking for money at least not yet but guess what? That happens all the time on the internet! Now with some of the foul language written on this board I can imagin why they have difficulty getting women to respond. I have had no spam emails and no problem with sending emails or viewing profiles. If I get charged again I will give them a call and if that doesn't work I'll just cancel my card and get a new number, we should do that more often anyway for safety's sake. As far as bad english and spelling, well lots of people have a problem that one!

• Ne
    Nerijus Jan 05, 2008

Try new website http://www.datefinderspace.com it will not allow auto posts and spammers and will try to monitor users and delete fake profiles.

James Jan 06, 2008

It is a sort of bull crap site of sorts, I keep getting notifications of people who may be a match, but apparently age restraints aren't something of importance, I'm 19, and I keep getting notifications from 39 year olds, which I don't believe to be true. People in my own age group would be kind of nice, maybe they just don't exist? :)

• Si
    Singles Sux Jan 07, 2008

Worthless site. Thats all I got to say about that.

• El
    ELDON LETEMPLIER Jan 09, 2008

hello im pretty disappointed with singlesnet because the only people i have met on here is people from foriegn countries trying to get money, all scams.

• Al
    al labur Jan 14, 2008

They ask if you smoke. They ask for all your preferences. Great, but then they ignore your preferences. Who wants to be matched up with someone 15 years older than you? I don't. I asked for a refund and they refused. Don't waste your time here. Better off with other free sites like Plentyoffish.com.

• Te
    TedJackson Jan 30, 2008

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I started corrisponding with a lovely young lady from near my home town. She send me all these HOT emails of her in a bikini ! Unfortunately she was an art dealer and the poor thing got stuck at the airport in Lagos, Africa. Her credit card was worthless because she said someone stole her identity.She was worried we may never meet unless I wire her the required $800 for airfare. I rushed her the money and I'm meeting her at the airport this morning, I'm so excited to actually meet this hot babe! and she say's she loves me too!!! Singles Net bites my big fat ugly green scrotum! What did this person think I'm a ###. She is probably actually some fat assed old bald ### somewhere. Taking lonely old guys for a ride to the bank ...... WHAT THE ### ......SINGLES NET SUCKS!!!!!!!!
    Anyone else have these experiences with SN ?

• Ne
    Neverquit Mar 03, 2008

Stay away from singlesnet.com use plentyoffish.com instead. What a scam!

• Ro
    Ron Mar 17, 2008

I agree with most of the comments above. It seems most of the bogus areas are Nigeria, Ghana, and Russia. They will send you e-mail under somebody else's name in U.S. You think you are talking to one person, come to find out you are talking to somebody else, so they say. If you talk with them long enough they will get around to asking for money, to come to U.S., and they are deeply in love with you, so they say. One had the flight planned, visa and all, and wanted me to send money in some man's name, that owned the company. How stupid do you think I am, I asked. I guess they though pretty stupid, but I didn't send anything. They lay it on thick, and it sounds good, but beware. Ghana seems to be the worst.

• Br
    Brian Winkler Apr 02, 2008

Thanks for this bb. I totally agree with everything above. This site is [censored]. I actually didn't even need to pay the $$ to figure it out but wanted to verify and, through your divulging your experiences, I saved some dough. Thanks! I'll try a different site.

• De
    Dee Apr 02, 2008

I used this site for a short period of time. I think its the best one so far. I met a fantastic guy and we are getting married this summer. I am not saying anything against any of your opinions. I was fortunate enough not to have to use the site for more then a week. I wish you all could have found what I did on this site. Good Luck everyone!! :)

• Sw
    swane Apr 28, 2008

can you please quit putting this site in construction mode and fix the think right or i will quit this site and never come back to it thank you

• Je
    Jeff May 30, 2008

I won't be crude in my response but, it is true, this sight is most definitely a scam, full of scheming an extortion attempts. I was contacted by a supposed Russian lady by the name od "Olga". Olga had these supposed "dreams & aspirations" to come to America. The pictures sent were all indoor shots, & all appeared to have a modeling photography look to them.
    She left her home in Siberia & supposedly, was making her way to me, though I had never asked her to do anything of the sort.
    Although my skepticism was quite high from the start, even I was at a loss for words when she claimed to have run into "unexpected trouble" upon arriving in Moscow. As the storyline went, she needed $1300 to prevent all of "her hopes & dreams of coming to America" from being crushed. When no response came, she began to barter. Suddenly, she had scrounged together a couple hundred dollars, & didn't need quite as much to get over here.
    Bewildered at this point, that they were sticking to this wholly unbelievable storyline, I offered a simple way to prove their story true. "Buy a throw-away camera, step out onto the streets of Moscow, & take a picture of yourself holding a yellow ball in your hand. Email me this picture, & I will gladly send the money you have requested." Of course, this picture never materialized &, by this juncture, I wouldn't have sent these scammers a cent, even if it had.
    It's really a shame that there are people out there doing this, making skeptics out of the rest of us so that we all become that much less able to trust a potential "right" person when they come along.

james bearden Jun 28, 2008

Says site is under construction, i sue hope someone reports this site to lisa madigan if it's this bad.

james Aug 20, 2008

yep tried for a month def scam maybe 1 or 2 real people out of 500 real the rest bad english i lost my mom and dad and my passport or forgot to tell u i live in ghana can u send me 500$ f this site

• As
    ashley Aug 21, 2008

THEY ARE ###ING ###...COMPLETE FRAUD

Chris Aug 23, 2008

Some of the complaints above I also find true. I am 18 years old
    and am trying to date women in my age group 18-26 y/o
    The side keeps giving me connections with middle age women
    40 y/o and above who I have no interest in. I quit the site.
    Very bad news.

marty thomas Aug 29, 2008

singlesnet is a brothel. the men only want one night stands. they don't want to date or go out. it is always to your house to lay up. If you want to date don't go here!