Simply HiredScam

I applied for a customer service position listed on Simply Hired located on the Dell home page and received an email directing me to a test site to further qualify for the position. This site is just selling a useless subscription which I found out when I was billed $10.00 for the service. (In the email I was directed to it says right in the address "freebies".) I have copied the senders email for your convenience.

Re: Customer Service Representative‏
From: Carla McDouglass (carla.[protected]@gmail.com)
Sent: Tue 11/03/09 3:10 PM
To: Paula Carmichael ([protected]@live.com)

Hi Paula,
Thanks for submitting your resume. Due to the large number of applicants, and in the spirit of screening our candidates one step further, we ask that you take an IQ test and email us your result. This should take between 5-10minutes and the questions are straightforward. Please be honest in your scoring as we will have a member of our team personally assess you once you are selected for the position. You may find the link to the test here: http://freebies.web44.net/themindquizzes

We ask that you take the quiz only once and send your scoring to us on the first try.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me

Best of luck!
Carla
This is just a SCAM...No where in this email does it say I would have to pay for a test or join a service I have no interest in. To be directed to such a site while conducting an earnest job search is criminal and something should be done to eliminate such bottom feeders who cannot unload their silly products any other way.

Paula Carmichael

• Ac
    AConcernedPerson Oct 01, 2012

I haven't used this service, but this was obviously someone pretending to work there. The website for the IQ test should have looked suspicious. Not to mention the email came from a Gmail account. Due diligence can really go a long way in stopping scam artists

• Th
    THE ONLY TRUTH Oct 24, 2014

it's a scam site that tries to get you to sign up for online schools. Someone should find a physical address for these scam artists so a visit with a couple metal baseball bats can be arranged. Nothing would make me smile more than a couple of cocky computer geeks getting they ### worn out in the real world and not some online bs virtual world.

these nerds don't realize when the power goes off they are gonna be eaten alive

NoNameNecessary Nov 16, 2015

I have been contacted by some one who told me I'm only able to apply for jobs and they will only forward jobs to me only if I allow them to FORCE me into attending school even though I HAVE A MASTERS DEGREE! I was sent to person to person to set me up for school even though I have expressed wanting to work.
    I HAVE GONE PUBLIC WITH THIS SHAM AS IT PERTAINS TO YOUR COMPANY AS WELL AS THE COMPANY SIMPLY HIRED AS WELL AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVE THAT CONTACTED ME BY PHONE NUMBER [protected]. SHE WOULDN'T GIVE HER NAME BUT GAVE THE PHONE NUMBER [protected] FOR THE COMPANY SIMPLY HIRED AND I WAS FORWARDED TO A GENERAL EMAIL TO LAUNCH A COMPLAINT! I HAVE GONE PUBLIC ON TWITTER, GOOGLE+ AND INSTAGRAM TO BRING YOU AND SIMPLY HIRED TO TASK FOR LITERALLY TALKING FOLK INTO GOING INTO DEBT WITH ADDITIONAL SCHOOLING THAT IS UNECESSARY! I WAS CONTACTED BY SIMPLY HIRED BEFORE ABOUT A JOB AND SHE TOLD ME I WASN'T ELIGIBLE BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO ATTEND SCHOOL. WHEN THEY CALLED ME BACK AGAIN I RECORDED THE ENTIRE CONVERSATIONS FROM BEGINNING TO END STARTING WITH YOUR REP FROM SIMPLY HIRED AND HOW SHE TOLD ME I NEEDED TO AGREE TO ADDITIONAL SCHOOLING BEFORE SHE COULD HELP ME GET AJOB. SHE THEN SAID "DO YOU UNDERSTAND" BEFORE SHE TOLD ME THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE RECORED. SHE THEN TOLD ME NOT TO TALK ABOUT WANTING TO WORK, JUST ABOUT WANTING TO GO TO SCHOOL. I WENT ALONG WITH THIS SHAM TO SEE HOW FAR IT WOULD GO AND I'M POSTING EVERYTHING!
    YOU ARE SHAM ARTISTS THE LOT OF YOU!

Cathy Bowens