Menu

F
Author of the complaint
6:57 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered two books, both of which were described as "unabridged" - Tristram Shandy and ### in the House.

When they arrived I discovered that one (produced by Naxos) was abridged. The notation that it was abridged as extremely obscure and I can understand how Simply Audiobooks may have overlooked that in their advertising. The second book, also described as "unabridged" turned out to be "unabridged selections" - in other words, abridged.

Simply Audiobooks has an easy-to-use contact system and when I complained I received a quick, polite response - to effect that they thanked me for notifying them and that they would correct their website information.

What I didn't get was a solution to MY problem, which was being stuck with two items which were not what was advertised and not what I thought I was paying for. When I pointed that out in a succeding email, all I got was silence.

More Simply Audiobooks complaints & reviews

3 comments
A
Mar 18, 2010 2:42 pm EDT

One year subscription to receive audio books on CD. The quality was heinous. It was noted on the CD's and an e-mail was sent. Public library books are of better quality than this paid service. I quit the subscription and merely asked for a refund on the half year left not even for all the money I was out for the ridiculous quality of half of their sent CD products. On the half of the $180 subscription I am asking for they gave me $18. I am now asking that the full $180 be returned to me for the inconvenience of checking the books out of the library because the audio was so awful.

D
Nov 11, 2011 2:53 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

1. This company has misleading advertising, claiming to have books for download that they don't have and leading people to sign up for free trials that are difficult to cancel and may lead to credit card charges.
2. This company refuses to allow you to cancel your membership except through a phone call during certain business hours supposedly for security reasons (although they have no problem with you submitting credit card and personal info to them, which makes the who security thing a little to fishy).
3. This company is not accessible to the disabled, despite being a service that would be highly used by the disabled. Their website is highly inaccessible.
4. They do not offer a way for people with disabilities to cancel their memberships except the phone - which is not accessible to many people.

D
Dec 30, 2011 11:31 pm EST

When Recorded Books Unlimited closed down, my contract with them was turned over to Simply Audiobooks. There is no comparison. I can only have six books circulating at one time and even though that sounds like a lot, there are weeks when I have no books at all because the turn around time is ridiculously long. They call themselves the "Netflix" of audio books, but that is a gross exaggeration. Their worst problem is that they simply do not care about customer satisfaction. I am paying what I paid for having a 12 book rotation and it is not working at all. I am looking for another service that does a better job than Simply Audiobooks.