Simple Savings Club or Discount Savingsscam

M

I would like to start off by saying I don't know if the company is from Georgia or Florida. The return address is from Georgia but it is stamped from Tallahassee, Florida. My phone rang and this lady told me all about these $1000 worth of coupons I could get for $1.49. I told her that I didn't have a card she could bill. She tried to talk me into getting a prepaid card and put money on it to use. She said she would give me a few days to get one and call me back. She called about 10 times on a Friday and then called back on Sat. and one of my kids answered and gave me the phone. I asked if the $1.49 would be all that would be taken from my card and she assured me that was all. It sounded like a good deal so I gave her my child support card # and I keep getting a declined pos for .50 on my transaction review. I know that's not much but 50 cent adds up quickly. I called within the 10 day free preview and cancelled because if I hadn't done so the were going to bill me$89.95 for 3 months. So, I don't understand why they are still trying to get money from my card. Plus at the end of the letter it says that Discount Savings would appear on my bill. SMP Discount is what it says when they took the $1.49 from my card. The pos charges are adding up quick and I need help with doing something about it. Thanks in advance!

More Simple Savings Club or Discount Savings Complaints & Reviews

• Un
    unavowed Jan 22, 2017

I have the same problem with this company as others. They call at the busiest time of the year, Christmas. Interrupt your evening with their crap about discount coupons and expect you to remember to call back in 10 days! Great marketing plan wouldn't you say? Christmas time and everyone is busy with buying gifts who can remember to call within a 10 day period? I called when I remembered and was told that I couldn't get a refund since it was past 10 days. Any respectful company would have obliged to do so. This company is horrible, stay away from it. I did report them to my credit card company and explained the situation to them. At least they are aware of Discount Coupons. These people are a scam and I would like to know why with all of the complaints they haven't been shut down. I wrote a letter to the address on the envelope and guess what! No response! This is not a company anyone should even pick up the phone for. They're dishonest, a scam, not worth listening to, interrupt one's evening to scam you. THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN A SCAM AND WHY HAVEN'T THEY BEEN SHUT DOWN????

• Wi
    Williamgd2 Jan 10, 2017

Same case here only I never joined this so called club and the charges were caught by my banks fraud dept. and they put a hold on my card. I look through my banks payment history and there is around $400.00 to $500.00 in fraudulent charges. Complaint of fraud filed with my bank and hopefully I will get a chargeback.

• Sh
    Shirlena57 Jan 01, 2017

SSCSM2912871142

• Le
    Lea Morgan Sep 08, 2016

To anyone out there who may know of away to stop these horrible people it would be much appreciated. They get you by telling you one thing and after they get your information and card number they change it all up. They even tell you there's a 800 number you can call to cancel and there is not. You must notify your credit card company to get it fixed or cancel your card. These people need to be stop...

• Ca
    Carolyn Bradford May 11, 2016

These people are Rude and Liars! I did not receive anything in the mail from them and they charged my credit card in the amount of 89.95. I have reported it as fraud with my bank as I did not receive any products or services for this money! When I called the number that was on my statement for this charge, the woman at the other end of the phone was rude! She told me that I did receive it! I told her did I have to sign for it? She informed me that I did not have to sign for it. I told her she would have to prove that I received the information and/or product. This is no way they can tell me I received something if I didnt sign for it. The woman told me they canceled the payment and she told me when I called again today as the payment showed back up on my online banking and overdrew my account today! These people are crazy.

• 03
    0314zues May 04, 2016

I just received a card in mail that states Notice of Reward and I called the number listed and states I will get a $100.00 gift card to Walmart or Target and will receive in mail in 7 days. I called the number [protected] and it was a Hispanic lady that answered. She is wanting me to pay for shipping which is $2.95 and she stated they are legit organization. I asked the name of organization she stated Discount Savings Club. I told her that I would check with BBB and get back with her and she hung up. Why do these type of people pass through the system.

• Je
    Jenna Lynn Apr 05, 2016

###...now I have to go to MY bank. I did recieve my packet, but everything i was told was free, has a process fee. Forget it..going to cancel my debit card

• Mi
    Mickey Felton Mar 18, 2016

somebody needs to come up with a way to stop these people. I fell for their pitch also, however, I have alzheimers disease, just starting out with it. I forgot about the 10 day trial, but i did not forget the other one, which thank god had a 30 day free trial. There is got to be a way to get this reversed, Maybe Lyle stating that I am incompetent and not of a sound mind to authorize any thing?? I DO NOT have the funds for this and I don't get any more money till april 3. Anybody that can send me an MESSAGE l with the phone number to call I would really appreciate it. facebook id* I HAVE A GREEN BLOUSE ON IN THE PICTURE TO IDENTIFY ME.. . . MICKEY FELTON

Mandyk10 Jan 27, 2016

i received my letter the day my trial ended, apparently. i didnt get off work until 12 that night & worked from 8-11 the next day straight without breaks. on the following day, i called & canceled... under the impression that i was still under my trial & that my trial didnt start until the day i received the letter.. they still billed me. when i called to get my money back she told me that she wouldnt because i called to cancel after my trial ended. i used my debt card to pay.. what should i do?

maxine mccafferty Sep 02, 2015

I was stupid and fell for the pitch. I did receive the promised mailing but decided right away that i didn't want it. Have called twice to cancel. Both times i had to leave a message with my name and billing id#. Surprise surprise no return call. Today i called the credit card# and was told nothing is showing at this time . The customer service rep put a notation on my account that i was cancelling the contract. If a charge does showup to contact them and they will handle this from their end. Hopefully i have learned my lesson!

• Ta
    tammy dailey Jun 22, 2015

i got a call telling me i would get a 1000.00 in coupons and a two night stay where ever i wanted and i have never gotten a thing in the mail at all and now they are trying to take money from my bank account 89.95 i have had to cancel my cards and they have a hold on 89.95 right now so have to get to bank before they close to do a refusal form so they cant get my money

• Ta
    Tashiew Mar 27, 2015

I worked for this company in tifton ga i knew it was a scam and i quit. I didn't want to take advantage of people! Heather is a fat whale!!

• Cy
    cynthia barksdale Oct 06, 2014

The phone number is wrong . When I called and then emailed I did not get results to cancel my account.

• Bo
    Bobbie1949 Sep 05, 2014

Never received anything in the mail. Saw the charge on my account and called the number listed. Got no one until today and was told that since I had not cancelled within the 10 day period I could not get my money back. I will be going through my credit card company and see what happens there. Never received any thing in the mail at all!

Anslpattie May 19, 2014

they pulled the same thing with me but when I got the welcome letter it was date stamped 5/1 and I didn't receive it until 5/19/2014. when i called to cancel i was informed i would be charged the $89.95 because I hadn't cancelled within 10 days. I asked to listen to the recording where I agreed to this nonsense and after listening to it they agreed to reverse all charges. I am also going to contact my bank and let them know i will be disputing all charges by this scam company. Oh and i never got any coupons!

• Tl
    TL Davis Apr 16, 2014

I have tried to contact them on the phone number listed during there regular business hours to no avail as yet but I will keep trying so that I can cancel with in the 10 day trial period but that may be a bunch of crap also. It looks like I will be making a lot of disputes with my credit card company and when they also call the phone number only to reach a message they will realize that these people are completely illegitimate and fraudulent.