Simco ManagementBad service

I am a tenant of Simco management properties located in the Grove City. I have to say this apartment very much lacks proffessionalism. I have two small babies aged between 3 and 4. They both experiencing severe health problems.

Once we woke up, our bathroom tub was filled with sewage. I told the manager about the problem, she did brought the Plumber, and fixed the problem. But I did ended up cleaning everything. We are living in the basement floor and it seems like everytime after the bath, the whole apartment seems so humid and moist. Now I can see that windows and bathroom floors are filled with black mold. I did addressed the problem to the manager and her answer to that problem was "Things happens, you just have to live accordingly.

Again I really have to be careful with my kids. They both had their Adenoids and Tonsils removed, when they were only 2. My younger son admitted couple of times in the hospital with severe Asthma and Pneumonia attack.

I even talked to the Corporate office about all these problems, they didn't even care at all. I really dodn't know what to do, I am really feeling very much exhausted and helpless, PLease some one help me!!

• Ho
    HowDareYou9 Jun 13, 2020

SIMCO/Marquette Manor is a prime example of one of those Big Bully businesses that think they can [censored] on other people because they have a kind of monopoly and a lot of money and they know the average person can’t fight them. I am an RN and I VERY POINTEDLY made them aware when I was looking for an apartment that I work nights and need a quieter area to live. I am perfectly aware, having worked nights for about 14 years, that you cannot control the rest of the world who does not give a [censored] that you have lives in your hands and need to sleep, therefore I put up with lawnmowers, garbage trucks, leaf blowers and snow trucks all year long and often am forced to survive on 4 hours of sleep on the regular. In addition, I am a quiet, private and respectful person so I do not blare my music at 2 am or run the vacuum cleaner in the middle of the night when my neighbors are sleeping because I actually give a [censored] even when they don’t. As for Marquette Manor, they were nice enough to raise my rent every single year to where I was paying nearly $1000 per month for a 2-bedroom townhouse with peel & stick floors that came up after a year and hollow doors.
    I had 2 primary problems while living here. First, they had excuses to enter the place about every three months to the point that it felt like a ridiculous intrusion. They may be the only people on the planet who truly think they need to replace the furnace filter every 3 months. Frankly, I think their maintenance guy was a spy. Not to mention that I begged them at one point after one of their “cutting it very close” 24-hour notices that I never get on time because of my work schedule (and after being awake for a week because of a noisy neighbor) to please not come until the afternoon because I really needed to sleep. They agreed, told me they informed the maintenance guy and asked me to leave a note for him on the door to remind him. Well, his response was to rip the note off the door, throw it on my kitchen counter and enter anyway 2 hours earlier than we agreed while I was asleep on my couch. I yelled to him because I was initially startled and since I am a female who lives alone, terrified at first that I had an intruder. Considering how much Ohioans like their guns, he’s damn lucky he’s not dead. He ignored my yell out and noisily went into my basement for more of his fake maintenance. I complained by letter to SIMCO themselves who apparently cashed my check and sent my complaint to the property manager who ignored it. So, I sent another complaint the next month to which she said, basically, “oops, it got lost.” From then on, I made it a habit to leave a note and when needed and would speak to the management about when it was okay to enter. I never tried to stop them from doing their “job”, whatever the hell it was, but just wanted some respect and time to sleep. I am fairly sure that there is NOT ONE OUT THERE who is okay with a stranger/repair person entering their home while they are ASLEEP during what was, for me, the middle of the night.
    In addition, while the neighbors were admittedly fairly quiet the majority of the time, there was one neighbor who, without fail, would have their whole heard of elephant family over from out of state on each and every long weekend or holiday. The children would literally run around screaming and shaking the walls from sun up to sun down. I dealt with it as much as I could until one entire week over Christmas when I had not been able to sleep the entire time they were there and I had enough. It is absolutely NO exaggeration to say that trying to sleep through their rowdiness what exactly like trying to sleep through a vicious earthquake where my bed was vibrating and shaking like one of those cheap vibrating beds in a no-tell hotel. I’m from California and I can actually sleep through an earthquake. I couldn’t sleep through this [censored], not after a week of exhaustion. So I informed the skeleton crew at the property management who is literally a couple miles away and on any other occasion has no problem driving over for stupid [censored] like flyers for their dumb parties that I apparently pay for. But she refused to do anything about it because I didn’t know the apartment number and could not get it because they live in a secure building that I don’t have the code to. I told her it could only be 2 people and I could point out who it was. She absolutely refused to help me. After back and forth, I blew up and told her I was going to move if she didn’t take care of it now. Amazing how she figured out their phone number right away at that point. This circus next door began to happen more frequently and I complained over and over but apparently the management didn’t express to THEM that it was unacceptable. Sometimes I would complain and the noise would stop only until business hours were over and then those [censored]ers would start up again.
    Finally, the pervert maintenance team was scheduled to enter AGAIN. I told them I would gladly change the filters myself since a 5-year old could do it and then I wouldn’t be woken up, if they just left it for me. They ignored me and made no other attempt to find a solution. I left a note again, with the request that because I worked nights, please don’t come by until 2. Well, I get woken up by banging on the door. The property manager is there with 2 men. I let the men in and the manager walks away and says nothing. A week later I get a note in the mail to get out within 30 days and to leave quietly. WTF? First of all, you dated that letter the day you wrote it, not when I got it so it was less than 30 days. Second, you never told me what your [censored]ing problem was or made an attempt to fix it. Third, you let those [censored]ing [censored] next door act like circus animals for 2 years and you tell ME to leave quietly? After YOUR employee invades my privacy and my safety and I could never peacefully enjoy my overpriced space? AND THEN these [censored]ers send me a bill with a late fee for the rent when I actually paid up to and BEYOND the date you wanted me to leave. So I call and ask for an explanation of why they charged me for time I didn’t live there and of course, they never got back to me.
    These people are money hungry vultures with absolutely no sense of how to create “home” for anyone but themselves. They don’t give a [censored] if you always pay early, if you’re always quiet, if you do NOTHING ELSE but go to work and try to sleep. There was absolutely no reason for you to make me suddenly homeless in the middle of winter when YOU are the ones that can’t manage the place. Now I know why the people before me only stayed a year. It’s a miserable and unsafe place to live.