Complaints & Reviews

mytimerewards.co.uk and completesavings.co.uk

Please avoid at all costs ticking any discount boxes when you deal with companies such as Train Line, Argos, National Express and many I others I suspect. I discovered last week that you separate amounts from my parts of this company have been taken out of my mothballed account since January 2015. Since then trying to get all of my money back has totally consumed my daily life by having to write numerous emails, make telephone calls and to not get a response.

My first telephone communication with mytimerewards was met with complete agreement by the young man i spoke to, that I had never taken up the offer and that he was going to refund all my money. He was a little surprised that two amounts had been taken of my account each month amounting to £25 (I'm a pensioner!). He was allowed to refund three months immediately and then I was supposed to fill out a form (sent via email) to claim the rest. This he duly did and the three lots of £10 and £15 were refunded no problem. The form was completed and sent back via email and by post and I had a pretty good response time wise telling me that the £10 per month would all be back into my account within three for five working days. Low and behold yes it has been. However, completesavavings.co.uk are not responding to my emails and phone calls for a claim form, which they tell me they have emailed to me twice. Not true of course and I didn't fall for the charming young lady telling me they must have gone into spam! Haha what a joke. Actually maybe not, their emails do go into junk... interesting. Also the man I spoke to first who authorised my full refund is no longer working for the company apparently but the lady I spoke to didn't really know who he was when I asked for him personally. I could tell that. What a shame... it is less than a week since I spoke to him and he got most of it sorted for me.

I have my bank waiting to intervene on my behalf and also have several other options up my sleeve but honestly this company are atrocious. All I need is someone to tell me I am going to get the £240.00 they still owe me but I suppose they need to hang onto it for a few more days. Earning interest somewhere I suspect.

• Co
    CompleteSaveUK. Sep 09, 2016

Hello Nannyplum:

I am sorry you’ve experienced some difficulty in corresponding with our customer service centre as providing a high level of quality customer service is of utmost importance to us. Please be assured that we have been responsive to your requests and our records show that our customer service team has sent the claim form to you two times. We do not know why you have not successfully received it. Yesterday I sent you a direct email with a full resolution to this matter. If you did not receive that email, please contact me at [email protected]

The only way to become a member of one of our programmes is to enter your details in full on the sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places on the sign-up page that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. To complete your sign-up, you must click a "Yes" button to agree to the terms and conditions of the programme. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full and click the "YES" button on the sign-up page.

During the time your memberships were active, our records show we sent you many emails with reminders of your memberships and the benefits. All of these emails contained our contact details if you wished to cancel the memberships at any time.

I hope this message and the email I sent you resolved this matter to your satisfaction.

Complete Savings

Unauthorised removal of money from my bank account

This company has taken money from my bank account unauthorised. On their website the address for this company is in Switzerland. This company must have signed me up to their scam when I have purchased something from another company on the internet, at this time I have narrowed it down to 1 of 2 companies. I am going to my bank this morning and will publish my outcome here.

• Do
    Dorothy Carter Dec 02, 2008

Every month for the past year unauthorized withdrawals have been made without my knowledge from my checking account for Shopper Discounts ($12.00 per month) and for Reservation Rewards ($12.00 per mon). I had no knowledge of these withdrawals until recently discovered, and have received no products or services for these withdrawals.

Maryo Jan 22, 2009

Dear Dorothy:

Webloyalty.com protects its reputation and monitors the blogosphere to ensure information posted on our company is truthful and accurate and to identify opportunities to assist our members. Through this monitoring, we found your comments posted here about our membership program, Reservation Rewards and Shopper Discounts & Rewards.

We would like to speak with you directly to address your concerns but do not have your contact information. If you are unhappy with your subscription or have any questions regarding your membership to Reservation Rewards or Shopper Discounts & Rewards, please contact Webloyalty.com Customer Service at 1-800-732-7031 or send an email message to [email protected] We will be happy to help you.

Regards,
    Mary O'Reilly
    Webloyalty Consumer Affairs
    Reservation Rewards
    Shopper Discounts & Rewards

• Mi
    mike Apr 05, 2009

I just found out I was getting charged from Shoppers Discount too.

• Sh
    ShopperDisc Nov 05, 2014

Hello Tourer:

We will be happy to assist you with your query about Shopper Discounts & Rewards. However, we first need to identify your membership record and currently we have not been able to do so. Please get in touch with Shopper Discounts & Rewards directly using the following details: [email protected], 0800 731 9935 (free from UK landlines), or you can contact me directly at [email protected]

Shopper Discounts and Rewards is an online savings programme, ideal for people who shop online regularly. As a member you can claim an initial cash back cheque, a 10 pound monthly membership bonus, 20% off popular gift cards and 10% cash back at over 650 retailers.

You would have signed up for Shopper Discounts and Rewards after making a purchase or booking via one of our partner websites. .You would have manually completed the Shopper Discounts and Rewards sign-up page, filling in the following details: your name, your email address (entered twice), your postal address, a new password(entered twice) and your credit or debit card details for the membership fee. It is mentioned at least three times on the sign-up page that following 30 days free of charge, you will be billed for each month you remain a member.

We hope you contact us directly so that we can resolve your query to your satisfaction.

The Shopper Discounts and Rewards Team

They dont refund my money

In October 2011 I ordered some train tickets from trainline and I was asked if I wanted £10 off my next ticket. So I agreed thinking it was part of trainline.
From 25 November 2011, until 16 June 2013, the company Shopper Discounts and Rewards, has debited £10 every month from my credit card, small amounts that pass unnoticed in my bank statements.
It appears that I am said to have signed up to this monthly debit at some point and am now a "member". I would not knowingly have done so and, so far as I am concerned, I have not. I have certainly not knowingly authorised the £10 monthly debit from my card account.

I contacted them by email and phone and this was their answer,
This email is confirmation that your membership with Shopper Discounts & Rewards has been cancelled as of the 20th June 2013.
Unfortunately we cannot process any refund as you successfully claimed the £15 cash back cheque. This cheque was processed towards the end of September 2011.
Your cancel confirmation number is: [protected]

What should I do in order to them refund all my money

Taking money out of my account without permission

Up-date on resolving my complaint by Shoppers Discount and Rewards I recently submitted a complaint about...

No &opt in& only &opt out& in conditions after free offer pulls you in

When making a purchase from Argos, on line, a "pop up" appeared offering a loyalty discount. I believed this to be an Argos offer with discounts given on my orders - I did not realise it was from a different organisation, necessitating collecting vouchers, and submitting to Argos together with copies of receipts. As I live in an isolated community, one and a half hours drive plus a boat journey from any Argos store, this requirement meant that the discount scheme was not going to be much benefit to me. As all of the emails from Shopper Discounts and Rewards commence with the words "Benefit..." or "Members Benefit ...", and I don't want that sort of benefit, I did not bother reading them. Only now do I realise that having signed up to the Discounts offered, the offer was for Free Membership for one month only, and £10 a month taken from my Credit Card after that. Living away from home at present I did not see my Card statements, paying them off by D/D monthly, and the £10/month didn't significantly alter the expected totals. However, I did get the chance of seeing my latest statement and was alerted to the Shopper Discounts and Rewards having taken £10 this month, and when I checked, previous months. I fortunately kept the old emails and found a number to call and cancel. My complaints are 1) Shoppers Benefits and Discount do not make it clear that they are not connected with Argos when they "pop up", 2) that when the 30 days free Benefits expires not having been used the deal is not then automatically cancelled, 3) the Terms and Conditions which clarify that one has signed up for a 30 day free benefit only require one to "opt out" rather than "opt in" to continuing membership

Maryo Mar 15, 2013

Hello Mrs. Martin:

We are sorry if you did not realise that there was a charge for the Shopper Discounts & Rewards membership.

We strive to make our membership offers as clear as possible so that consumers can make an educated decision about our membership programmes. The charge for the membership is clearly detailed at the top of the membership registration webpage and there are six mentions of the monthly charges on the registration page. The terms and conditions make it clear that the membership is free for the first 30 days so that you can try out the programme and after that it costs £10 per month. Fourteen days prior to the end of the free trial period we send each member an email. This email reminds the member that their free trial period will be ending and that they will be charged the monthly membership charge if they do not cancel their membership before the free trial period ends. We also send monthly emails to members while their membership is active to remind them of their membership and the programme benefits. Members can cancel their membership at any time.

I hope this helps to address your query. If you would like me to provide you with more specific information on how you joined the Shopper Discounts & Rewards programme or if you need other assistance, please can contact me directly at [email protected]

• Gh
    G.Hughes Mar 22, 2013

If you are interested in seeing the sign up page you would have been presented you can find an almost identical one here:
    Even if people don't read the full T's & C's you should at least read the short paragraph that's directly above the section where you put in your card details
    FYI don't put anything into that form as it'll sign you up for a policy

Unknown Membership

I saw a debit on my account for $12.00. When I called the service number on my bank statement the rep stated I had been a member since May 09. I immediately cancelled the membership. Overall I think I was scammed by this Online company and would like my $375 dollars returned as I have never used this service or aware it was being debited from my account.

Unknown Membership

Scam - Charging for unknown payments

I have recently noticed in the last 3 days a pyment being taken from my account in the amount of £10.00...

Taking money from my debit card

I recently noticed a charge of £10.00 on my online banking, with the reference to a business named www.shopperdiscounts.com - to which i tracked down to www.shoppersdiscountsandrewards.co.uk - somewhat different!

I rang my partner to check if he had ordered anything - his response was no so at this point we were both confused as neither of us had ordered from this website.I was at work so got on to tracking the website down to find a contact number, my partner was in town near a local bank branch so popped in to speak to a customer advisor. They could not track down details to who it was from except the reference to this website - which come up with various links on google, and also some complaint websites such as this one. I read the first comment that mentioned about ordering tickets from the trainline and instantly alarm bells rang. My partner only purchases a train ticket for my mother in January (were now in febuary) so i rang him back and said do you remember anything from the trainline website - ive seen a similar complaint where someone has ended up being subscribed and having a monthly charge to this company - he was totally baffled but remembered he had a pop up appear that offered a form of cashback and subscription free to this discount website - which he clicked to exit - were both not into these schemes often more than not they end up being too good to be true, and he also being the typical bloke would not sign up to anything like this. I found a website similar name called www.shoppersdiscountsandrewards.co.uk - slightly different - which i found interesting just by luck that I decided to use the contact number on their website - and what do you know - it is them! As soon as i started talking about im confused im ringing up on the off chance that its your company I had a reference on my bank statement, the woman instantly said you have been charged? I said yes and I want to find out how and why? The lady i spoke to Rachel - said my partner would of clicked on this and agreed to the terms and given our bank details - he didnt, she also said he would of been recieving emails - but his email account is not accessible - yet they also have our address nothing through the post though!

She said he would of knowingly entered his details - but he didnt, the bank said often these pop up windows you click to dissapear and they stay present hidden behind your screen your inputting bank data into and therefore copying any details - and using them - is this right?? This is the bank telling us this.

Just want to write a more up to date complaint from someone else who has experience this problem - in relation to the trainline website.

Hope this helps you get to the bottom of the situation like a previous complaint letter on here helped me.

Maryo Feb 22, 2011

Hello JadeB28:

I just read your post and I would very much like to provide you with information on Shopper Discounts & Rewards and to be able to address the concerns you have raised. I strongly recommend that you visit our online member forum, http://bit.ly/gy87cg, where you can find useful information about us and also ask questions to our Community Manager. They will be able to provide you with further information and I hope be able to resolve your issue. Alternatively, if you have a specific question regarding your credit card and membership I strongly recommend you contact me directly at [email protected] If you do contact me directly please reference this forum.

Regards,

SCAM!!!

They kept charging my credit card $12.00 for a membership I never signed up for. Don't know exactly how they get your information, however, it has something to do with buying products online. When certain online companies use Shopper Discounts to process your credit card you sign up for a membership; then they charge your credit card $12.00 a month. There is no way to cancel unless you give them a membership number (which no one has because you never even knew you signed up for the con-corporation) or your credit card number; yea, like I am going to give them my credit card number again. IT IS A SCAM!!! Stay clear of Shopper Discounts. They got me for $48.00!!!

scam

I just discovered that I somehow got scammed by Shopper's Discounts at the tune of $12/month after I...

Monthly debit

I have been paying monthly for this discount offer without realising it. I responded to what I believed was a one-off offer. . . I have cancelled this now, but the contact claimed this was clearly outlined. I can still see no reference in the print out to say the fee was being deducted monthly.
This appears to be the same company as My Time Rewards.co.uk!

• Br
    BrigitaP Jul 29, 2011

Hi there! It happened to me too. Could you please advise what have you done next. I would really appreciate. I feel gutted, they have been charging £10.00 for the last year from my credit card, which I am nopt using. My email address is [email protected] Thank you. Brigita

• Ro
    Roger Stimson Jul 29, 2011

When I found out that this was not a one-off payment I was dross because I could not find any information on the published material which suggested it was ongoing!

If you have the same experience, check the paperwork and tell them. I was outraged and insisted their policy was not clear. They then promised to refund me all but the original £10 which to their credit they did.

If you are quite firm and -only if necessary threaten to blacklist them online they must listen. But try politely but firmly at first and be absolutely straight. That is my advice.

Best of luck,
    Roger

Taking money from my card

I had not realised when I made an online purchase in January 2009 that I had unwittingly signed to this Shopper Discounts company. I thought it was all part of that one transaction. I now find some 15 months later that they have been taking £10 each month from my card, I did not notice before because of the amount of transactions...now they have offered me £30 refund whilst they pocket £120 for doing nothing. They tell me they sent me emails, but the email address in 2009 ceased to exist and this would have meant emails being returned to them, so my question is why when they got no response from me could they not drop me a note in the post?????

Unscrupulus practices indeed...

janinet Sep 10, 2011

I too was scammed big time. Apparently it happened on the site - Shutterfly - when I made up a book of my granddaughter's photos. I was unaware I signed up for anything and found out by calling my credit card company and reading comments on the internet that this was the case. The card company called the scammers and they listened in. According to them they now will refund me 4 months; however they said I signed up in 09. I nearly died. They mailed me a form via email and I printed it out and will be sending it. However they need the last four digits of my credit card and the pin number. I am leary of giving them this info, plus the card company put a freeze on them going into my account. How can I get my money back? Help!

Unauthorized Credit Card Charges

For the most part I think I'm a pretty savvy person, but stupidly I just discovered that since December 2007, I have been charged $10.00 monthly for some scam company called SHOPPER DISCOUNTS & REWARDS. For some reason, I thought that I had been paying for a group subscription of magazines I had purchased for my B&B, but when I just examined my Visa bill, I contacted Bank of America to ask for clarification. I discovered that this charge had nothing to do with the magazine subscriptions. As a matter of fact, it simply appeared on my card. In looking back, I purchased nothing from this "discounts & rewards" company. I can't find a common denominator like the other complaints I read on Complaints Board (like Tiger Direct or AllPosters.com). I can't think of anything I purchased that would have caused me to press OK to become a member of Shopper Discounts & Rewards club, let alone to give them my credit card number to charge anything on it, especially on a monthly basis. Unfortunately, my Bank of American complaint person said that since I was calling on a weekend that I would have to call on Monday morning at 8am and that they and I would have to be on the phone with Shopper Discounts & Rewards. However, based on the other complaints I read, I will be getting only 4 months back ($40) of the $280 that they have charged on my credit card. I will try to fight this as far as I can go. If I get nowhere - either from Shopper Discounts & Rewards or Bank of America, then I will be contacting the frauds department of the Attorney's General of New York State & Connecticut as well as the Better Business Bureau of NY & CT to lodge complaints. First of all I can't believe that I let this slip by me for so long, but also I can't believe that someone hasn't closed these people down long before this. I would put these people jail and thrown away the keys. Hope someone out there has better luck than me! I've learned a great lesson today!

• Ga
    Gardner Grandpa Mar 08, 2010

My credit card account has been charged $12.00 per month since September 5, 2008 without my or my wife’s authorization. I had noticed this charge on my credit card activity before, but I didn't think it was an issue because both I and my wife use this card for any and everything so we can accumulate points for free airline flights.

On March 7, 2010, I noticed this charge again while looking at my credit card activity. I asked my wife what this was for and she said she had no idea. I researched and found this amount had been charged to my credit card for the last nineteen months. The charge on my statement reads “SHOPPER DISCOUNTS 800-889-8776 CT” and the charge is always $12.00. This apparently is created by placing an order from certain merchants online. When the purchase is completed, a pop up window asks if you would like a discount on your next purchase. Apparently if you simply click on this pop up window, Shopper Discounts acquires your credit card info and begins charging your credit card account without your knowledge.

I contacted Shopper Discounts and they offered to cancel my “membership” and refund the last $12.00 charge. I said I wanted all nineteen charges refunded. The person said she was only allowed to credit the last four charges over the phone and that I would have to submit a form, (that she would send to me) requesting a refund of more than four months of charges.

I also contacted my credit card company to dispute the unauthorized charges to my account. The credit card person I talked with said I was allowed to only dispute the “LAST FOUR” charges to my account. He said time had run out for me to dispute any additional charges. I found it was very convenient for Shopper Discounts to only credit me the last four charges over the phone. In my opinion, they knew my credit card company would not allow me to dispute more than the last four charges.

THIS IS AN OBVIOUS SCAM AND THIS COMPANY AND ANY COMPANY ALLOWING SHOPPER DISCOUNTS ACCESS TO THEIR WEBSITE SHOULD BE PROSECUTED.

Maryo Mar 10, 2010

Hello Gardner Grandpa:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-889-8776. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Mary

unauthorized payments from my account

I booked hotels through expedia last year and discovered that shopper discounts had been taking £10 a month out of my account. I never received any emails from shopper discounts about ANY discounts!!!
Luckily, it was only 3 months ago so they only got £30 out of me.
I phoned shopper discounts and demanded a total refund as I had not authorized any payments and cancelled my membership.
They agreed to refund me within 30 days and would be sending me a confirmation email.
Beware of companies like expedia who pass on your details to this fraudulent outfit!! I believe I must be one of the lucky ones but will wait and see if I do get my money back within 30 days.

Maryo Apr 16, 2010

Hello:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 0808 234 1539 (this is a free phone). Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Mary

how to stop being charged

Go onto the site, ( shoppperdiscount. go to log in details, put in your email add, press button to say forgot password. wait for there email giving you your password. go to bottom of there email and press reply. tell them you want to cancel your membership. they should send back email telling you that your membership has been cancelled and they will give you a cancelation no. ring your bank with the details and tell them you didnt understand when you signed up and there was no mention of a monthly charge, and that you do not want to be a member anymore. I know its a bit late for some of you, but at least you will not be conned anymore. And if you should buy something from a site that offers you this, contact that site and tell them that you will not buy from them again if they alllow shoppersdiscount to con anymore of there customers.

Unauthorized Credit Card Charge

These ### charged $12.00 from my son's check card without any authorization or approval. After my son ordered some posters from allposters.com, there must have been some type of pop up he simply clicked (he did not fill out any information or approve a charge) it grabbed his credit card number from the allposters order. This is nothing but an illegal scam!!! These crooks take your money and provide absoutely no service or product. I've already filed a complaint with the BBB on this company. I suggest everyone who has experienced the same with these crooked ### do the same (https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx).

Maryo Feb 23, 2010

Hello Kbsnotion:

Mary

Unauthorized charges to debit card

My husband had asked me about a charge on our bank statement from Shopper Discounts. I didn't know...

UNAUTHORIZED MONTHLY FEES

SHOPPER DISCOUNTS is charging unauthorized monthly fees $12.00 to our credit card, inspite of cancelled services. Anyway, I don't know what is the SHOPPER DISCOUNTS is. I never enrolled the service nor authorized ! Please refund the fees charged to my credit card.
This is scam.

Maryo Feb 10, 2010

Hi Rubyyang:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-889-8776. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected]om. If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

Debit card scam

This Shoppers Discounts company pops up after you have made online purchases and makes free offers that if you agree to automatically charges your debit card. Art.com and Orbitz are two of the gateway websites that Shoppers Discounts was allowed to charge people through. It was easy to cancel the 'membership' but their big ploy is keeping the amount charged small enough so that you never notice it.

Maryo Oct 14, 2009

Hi Emily:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you have questions or feedback, please contact our customer service team at 1-889-8776. Alternatively, you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this post.

• Bh
    bhairavi Mar 18, 2010

Bhairavi Modak

I have same complain like Emily..they kept charging me some $10 for 8 months and then I realized that there is something wrong. When I did inquiry with my bank, I get to know that there is some one named shopperdiscounts.com. they are charging me for no reasons. This is ridiculous.

fraudulant credit card charges

In June I purchased items from swimsutsforall.com. The charge appeared on my credit card on 6/15/09. In July I was hospitalized so my brother handled my bills for me. When my August credit card statement arrived I noticed a charge for $12 from ‘SHOPPER DISCOUNTS”. I knew that I had not purchased anything from this company. I could not figure out how they had gotten my credit card information. I looked up my July statement and found that there had been a $12 charge from "SHOPPER DISCOUNTS" in July as well as August.

I immediately called the 800 number that appeared on the credit card statement. They had an option on the menu for people who want to cancel unwanted subscriptions. This indicated to me that they have a large volume of callers who want to cancel their subscriptions.

I waited to talk to a customer service representative because I wanted to know how they got my credit card information. The woman I spoke with was not the least bit surprised that I had no idea what this repeated $12 charge was for. When I told her that I wanted the $24 refunded she did so without asking a question. This indicates to me that “SHOPPERS DISCOUNTS” is aware that customers are being tricked into signing up for their program. When I inquired how they got my credit card number I was told that at the time I purchased the items from www.swimsuitsforall.com I was aked if I would like a coupon for $10 off of my next purchase. When I checked “yes” my credit card information was automatically sent to “shoppers discounts”. This is an outrageous practice.

I am very careful about giving out my credit card information yet I was duped into signing up for this fraudulent discount. Thankfully, I go over my credit card statements to make sure all charges are legitimate so I caught the fraudulent charges. I know that there are many people who never check their statements because their bills are paid automatically. I called my friend to warn her about this scam because I know that she shops online and doesn’t always check her statements. I urged her to go over her credit card statements and sure enough, she had several charges from “Shoppers Discounts”.

I decided to google the name “Shoppers Discounts” so that I could send a written complaint. I was stunned to see how many people have been tricked into signing up for this “service”. The scammers seems to operate under several names. I assume that people have not lodged complaints to the BBB because “shopper's discounts” refunds their money without asking questions.

Sincerely,
Janine Sedore

• Al
    Alen2009 Sep 18, 2009

I have the same thing for last one year they have been charging $ 12 every month for more than one year.I called up the Credit card company they didn't do anything.So I called them up fraud shoppers discount 1-800 no they revered six months @ $12.And asked me to fill out a form which they send me online to claim the other six months amounts.
    My question is should I do that to claim the rest by filling up the form?

Please let me know.

Alen

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices