Ship-American.comScam and rip off!

Found a 'too good to be true' bike for sale. An $8,000 bike being sold for $2500. The seller states that he is in Alaska on an oil rig with no phone contact available. He sends an email stating that the bike is currently held with SHIP-AMERICAN, a holding company. You are then told that you will need to send the money via Western Union to London England. Once the money gets to them, they will ship the bike to your door within 72 hours.

The SHIP-AMERICAN website (http://www.ship-american.com/index.php) looks real, but was told that the company does not have telephone service available since they are getting a new provider.

I performed a WHO-IS on the website and found that the domain was registered in Beijing.

This looks to me like an elaborate scam.

Brian Keller Jan 31, 2008

I've been told the same exact thing. I was being sold a 2005 yamaha R6 which books for $6400 and was being sold to me for $1880! The website doesn't have any phone numbers and the guys name is alex wilson according to him. He emails from an AOL.com email.

• He
    Hernan Jan 31, 2008

It is a scam!
    google it...see my post on yahoo.
    found a guy asking for ship-american and found exact letter posted on his question (only change was bike and name from seller).
    ship american is a real company, but SHIP-AMERICAN is a non existent company.

scam works in a way that the western union can be cashed any where in the world once you tell them Exactly the name of sender and the track number....no need to be the person to whom the money goes to and no need to even be the same city or country...

please keep posting on the web about this scam and REPORT IT TO c3 internet scam/fraud from the FBI web site.

• Mi
    mike solorzano Feb 11, 2008

I too fell for it i sent my money and i never got the bike!!!

Nick Feb 15, 2008

IT'S DEFINITELY A SCAM.. I JUST WENT THROUGH THE SAME EXACT THING... IT WAS A 2006 WHITE CBR 1000.. IT WAS POSTED ON WWW.CYCLETRADES.COM. HE SAID HIS NAME WAS ALEX WILSON AND THE WHOLE BIT ABOUT ALASKA... PLEASE POST THIS EVERYWHERE

• Ty
    TYLER BRACKIN Feb 16, 2008

I just got the same e-mail just yesterday. i was also looking on the cycletrades.com web site and found a 2005 honda cbr1000rr for $2400.00. sounded to goood to be true, so i started looking around trying to find the ship-american.com company and found you guys who were good enough to post the complaints. i thank you all for doing so. i am sorry to hear about thoose who went through with it. i am going to do everything i can to take this guy or company down. they took my dream from me and trashed it. not nice!!! it has been my dream for some years to own a bike and find it for a good price. i thought i had done that but i guess not. the guys name i got was Matt Gregerson. went to alska to work on oil rig!!!! please feel free to e-mail me on this matter anytime. i will post this every were i can. thanks again guys you all saved me lots of money i don't have to spend.

• Ro
    ron dubya Feb 16, 2008

I checked this company out as well. I got the same Alaska story here is the e-mail they gave me:

Re: 2006 yamaha 50th anniversary‏
    From: [protected]@aol.com
    Sent: Fri 2/15/08 8:29 PM
    To: [protected]@hotmail.com

Hello,

First of all, let me introduce myself: my name is Joseph Mummert and I work as an engineer on a oil rig.
    Now let me introduce the bike I'm selling:

2006 Yamaha YZF R1. Very clean bike, like new, with only 1346 miles. The price is $2400.

I'm selling the bike because I have recently moved to Alaska (due to the nature of my job) and I was unable to carry it with me.
    Also, I wouldn't have time or the conditions to ride it anymore.
    Since I didn't have the time to sell the bike before moving, I left it back home, in the custody of a shipping company: SHIP-AMERICAN
    The bike was inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

Please visit the following link to see how this service works and also to verify that the bike is in their custody, clear and clean, and ready to go:

You can use this link: http://www.ship-american.com/Tracking.php and then enter the following tracking number: LSBK78781706
    - then you will see all details about the bike.

If you decide to close the deal, the shipping company will act as a third party, you will send the money to SHIP-AMERICAN, they will ship it to you and the bike will arrive to your door in 72 hours.

You can choose up to 30 days for inspection period. SHIP-AMERICAN will secure your deposit during the inspection period, and they will release the funds to me only when the inspection period will be over and you will confirm that you don't intend to return the bike.

The shipping fees will be covered by me and deducted by the shipping company from the price of the bike, at the end of the transaction.

If you agree to these terms, please let me know so we can start the transaction.

Joseph Mummert

hope people keep sending complaints so we can stop these kind of scams.

Mark Feb 19, 2008

I too was was scammed. 2400 dollars. on sat. feb 16. What do we do and who do we contact? Is there a way to get the money back? Help people please!!!

• Ar
    Armando Perez Feb 25, 2008

Here is the e-mail that i got back from this guy. I knew it was too good to be true. (DANG IT)Got suspicious when he replied about the wrong bike with a different name. I didn't get ripped off though. THANK YOU guys for posting this complaint. you have saved me $1800 dollars. This guy goes as Joseph Mummert, and Greg Bulgin

Re: Yamaha R1- yellow
    From: [protected]@aol.com
    Add contact
    Sent:Mon 2/25/08 1:49 PM
    To: [protected]@msn.com

Hello,

First of all, let me introduce myself: my name is Greg Bulgin and I work as an engineer on a oil rig.
    Now let me introduce the bike I'm selling:

2006 Suzuki GSX R 1300 Hayabusa. Very clean bike, like new, with only 3000 miles. The price is $2500.

The bike was inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

You can use this link: http://www.ship-american.com/Tracking.php and then enter the following tracking number: DHTD92643795

Greg Bulgin

• Re
    Red Feb 27, 2008

This is 100% a scam. You can click on the "VeriSign" logo and notice that it comes from www.ship-american.com, it is supposed to come from the Verisign website. Same with the eTrust logo.

WARNING: YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY.

• Da
    Darren Feb 28, 2008

I'm so glad that i searched the ship-american scam. Iwas one DAy away from attepting to purchase a none existing 2007 Honda CBR 600 RR Thank you so much for saving me $2900.

nicholous Feb 28, 2008

I GOT THE SAME EMAIL YESTERDAY! Once I started emailing back trying to get more information, I didn't hear from them again. I believe there's another website that's a scam (www.couriers-division.com)

Hello,

First of all, let me introduce myself: my name is Matt Gregersen and I work as an engineer on a oil rig.
    Now let me introduce the bike I'm selling:

2005 Honda CBR 1000RR. Very clean bike, like new, with only 5743 miles. The price is $2400.

The bike was inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

You can use this link: http://www.ship-american.com/Tracking.php and then enter the following tracking number: WJIP05587002

• Bo
    bob brown Feb 28, 2008

i too was hook sent e-mail and all but it didn't seem right after a week of thinking, the money came up, so i decided to investigate some more case come on it REALLY WAS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. THAT. Then i found this site where i got the same Alaska story i ask him can i see it before i pay this was his response............................

Hello,

Please use Ship American, you will have the opportunity to check the bike BEFORE Ship American will forward the funds to me.
    If you don't approve it, they will get it back and FULLY REFUND you.

I'm waiting for you to start the transaction if you really want the bike.

Regards,
    Matt

That and the fact that i could not find a phone number nor a map of the place which led me here, i sure hope you guys that. sent money some how get it back cause its a dream of mine to have a bike ...

The bike was inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

You can use this link: http://www.ship-american.com/Tracking.php and then enter the following tracking number: OAQN84452392

Matt Gregersen

I sure hope the alpha bet boys get these guys

Chad Mar 04, 2008

I was about to purchase two seperate bikes. That could have been very spendy for me. I was just about to go through with this transaction. I am glad I found this blog. Thank you to all who placed this. For those who were taken by this guy I hope someone gets him for you.

adrian Mar 06, 2008

BEWARE OF THIS ###!!!!! ---I also got hooked on the ad placed by this ###. I asked my wife to research the "shipping company" because she said it was too good to be true. I started the transaction by emailing him and this is what I received on March 5, 2008:

Hi,

I have just agreed with the transaction. I've changed the down payment to $1200 (half of the price) because I want to be sure you are a serious buyer!

All you have to do now is to log into your account and check the transaction for the payment info

AFter that go to a Western Union agent in your town and ask for a sending money form. Fill it in using the payment information you have from ship-american.com (the receiver information), and you will receive the MTCN which you have to enter into your escrow account. The agent will validate the payment and notify the warehouse to ship you the bike

After the payment is completed and ship-american.com has validated it,they will ship you the bike (usually in the same day)

I will support the western union sending money fees so please deduct the WU fees from the total (send $1200 minus WU fees, I already informed themabout this)
    Bike will arrive aT YOUR DOOR IN 24-48 HOURS AFTER THE PAYMENT IS VALIDATED

I also have one more favor to ask of you.
    When you are sending the money, please tell the agent that it is going to a FRIEND so that I can save some taxes.

Thank you, and it's been a pleasure!

James Mar 08, 2008

I recently received a second email about someone working on a oil rig. The first one was from Matt Gregersen, the second is from Larvin Webb. I have enclosed the email I sent to Larvin.

Hey Larvin,
    That's a great story, but for some reason I think I've heard it before. Matt and yourself must work on the same oil rig. Where do you guys get all these motorcycles from? Let me guess, there are no motorcycles. I hope you get caught soon.

Best Regards

To:
    Subject: Re: Motorcycle

First of all, let me introduce myself: my name is Matt Gregersen and I
    work
    as an engineer on a oil rig.
    Now let me introduce the bike I'm selling:

2005 Honda CBR 1000RR. Very clean bike, like new, with only 5743 miles.
    The
    price is $2400.

I'm selling the bike because I have recently moved to Alaska (due to
    the
    nature of my job) and I was unable to carry it with me.
    Also, I wouldn't have time or the conditions to ride it anymore.
    Since I didn't have the time to sell the bike before moving, I left it
    back
    home, in the custody of a shipping company: SHIP-AMERICAN The bike was
    inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

Please visit the following link to see how this service works and also
    to
    verify that the bike is in their custody, clear and clean, and ready to
    go:

You can use this link: http://www.ship-american.com/Tracking.php and
    then
    enter the following tracking number: LKOC17580842
    - then you will see all details about the bike.

If you decide to close the deal, the shipping company will act as a
    third
    party, you will send the money to SHIP-AMERICAN, they will ship it to
    you
    and the bike will arrive to your door in 72 hours.

You can choose up to 30 days for inspection period. SHIP-AMERICAN will
    secure your deposit during the inspection period, and they will release
    the
    funds to me only when the inspection period will be over and you will
    confirm that you don't intend to return the bike.

The shipping fees will be covered by me and deducted by the shipping
    company
    from the price of the bike, at the end of the transaction.

If you agree to these terms, please let me know so we can start the
    transaction.

[protected]@aol.com wrote:
    Hello,

First of all, let me introduce myself: my name is Larvin Webb and I work as an engineer on a oil rig.
    Now let me introduce the bike I'm selling:

2004 Suzuki GSXR 600. Very clean bike, like new, with only 2600 miles. The price is $2900.

The bike was inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

You can use this link: http://www.ship-american.com/Tracking.php and then enter the following tracking number: AVUV22614201

Larvin Webb

• Ju
    juan Mar 09, 2008

Hello I also had a dean f owning a bike but someone just broke it because it was just a scam I actually sent the money on sat. 8, 08 but that night I started researching and found this web site thank u guys. I rapidly call western union and cancel the transfer, hope to get my money back. Thank u guys now let me know how to catch this guy.

• Vu
    vulnerable Mar 10, 2008

Almost fell for it. Best Advice-READ the WESTERN UNION warning about sending monet to someone you don't know. LLISSADIPPO (probably an acronym for he's a dip ### for any suckers who fall into their trap) phished my email while shopping online for an Aprillia. 2004 RSV Mille for $2900. Engineer on an oil rig in Alaska, same story as noted above. Grover Kramer in London would receive my W.U. payment. Researched llissadippo online and found the Aprillia add on 50+ YAKAZ Advertising sites. SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM. WHERE IS THE FTC AND OTHER TAX SUPPORTED CONSUMER PROTECTION AGENCIES???? PROBABLY LOOKING FOR OSAMA??

• Cl
    closetodisaster Mar 18, 2008

I just about fell for it too, same Lisa Dippo for the same Aprilia. I am so pissed.

• Ke
    kemkid Mar 18, 2008

Found this site 10 minutes after recieving a suspicious email about an 05 CBR. Same oil rig and everything. All the engineers there must have left their bikes at home to be sold. Glad I did some homework.

• Na
    Nate Mar 18, 2008

DON'T FALL FOR IT...
    I've never bought anything on line before, but i have a sister who lives in the city where the the seller claims the shipping company is... The address from the web-site is real but the facility has NOTHING TO DO WITH SHIPPING AND/OR HOLDING BIKES FOR SALE!!!

Nick Mar 21, 2008

Robert Revson: another pseudonym. Got the email and was suspicious, ended up here. Please keep up the good work people this seems to be the only way to protect ourselves!

• Ge
    George Mar 23, 2008

Same exact situation! Ship-American is a scam!!! They are selling you a Motorcycle thats worth $8, 000 for $2, 500! The site is not real. This is the EXACT Letter I got...

The bike was inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

You can use this link: http://www.ship-american.com/Tracking.php and then enter the following tracking number: SZTE73894325 - then you will see all details about the bike.

Greg Bulgin

Andres V Gaeta Mar 23, 2008

Hello to everyone. My name is Andres and I think all of you are doing a great job of informing people about these kind of scams. I had been scammed out of $3000 about three years ago on a scam where a guy stole someones ebay account and was selling under their good name. This time however I was looking in a legitimate website for a bike and found this [censored] who tried to scam me as well. Oh by the way I went to the Houston, Tx address in the "Contact Us" spot on their fake website and found out that it was a piece of undeveloped land that was for sale. That's what led me to start looking for ways to let people know this ### was trying to rip people off. Anyway here's copies of three emails he sent with a new set of names. And by the way, NEVER deal with people over the internet with Western Union. If they really are legit companies, they will have no problem using more secure ways of making transactions. Take a look and thanks again.
    Andres.

Hello,

First of all, let me introduce myself: my name is Rick Strellis and I work as an engineer on a oil rig.
    Now let me introduce the bike I'm selling:

2005 Kawasaki ZX 6R Ninja. Very clean bike, like new, with only 4900 miles. The price is $2300.

The bike was inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

You can use this link: http://www.ship-american.com/Tracking.php and then enter the following tracking number: QOFE62130152 - then you will see all details about the bike.

Rick Strellis
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Then...

S0rry for the delay but my internet was down here yesterday
    I edited the transaction to show $2300

I have just agreed with the transaction.
    All you have to do now is to login to your account and check the transaction for payment information. (the agent name and location. He will validate your payment and notify the warehouse to ship you the bike)

After that go to a Western Union agent in your town and ask for a sending money form. Fill it in using the payment information you have from ship-american.com (the receiver information), and you will receive the MTCN which you have to submit to Ship American
    After the payment is completed they will ship you the bike to your door

I will support the western union sending money fees so please deduct the WU fees from the total (send $2300 minus WU fees, I already informed Ship American about this)
    Bike will arrive aT YOUR DOOR IN 48-72 HOURS AFTER THE PAYMENT IS VALIDATED

I also have one more favor to ask of you.
    When you are sending the money, please tell the agent that it is going to a FRIEND so that I can save some taxes and cover the insured shipping

Thank you, and it's been a pleasure!
    And after I asked him for a VIN he said ...

Hi,

I want to let you know that the registration is expired but here's the vin# JKBZXJC176A019987

It wont pup up in a carfax database as it has no accidents and Im the first owner but the insurance company will give you a quote on the insurance you'll have to pay

Like I said I will support the WU fee..(about $110) so pelase deduct it from the $2300 and please dont forget about my favour and tell the WU agent ..IF ASKED..that the money is for a friend..it really helps me to save some fees at my end and cover the insurance on the shipping

Have a good one.

• Bi
    Bill Mar 26, 2008

I was all set to part with the cash & remembered what my Father used to say "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is

Scamming ###s using Lisa Dippo alias on an oil rig in Alaska

Don't fall for it

Keep up the good work

Regards

Bill

• Fr
    franklin Mar 27, 2008

i'm so glad too almost lost my money buying a motorcycle that no uis really thank u for imformation

• Na
    nameless Mar 28, 2008

i recently became a victim of the ship-american scam. i was promised a bike for 2400. was told i could put 1200 down inorder to inspect bike and after 30 days pay the balance remaing. website site seem legite with verisign. But PLEASE DONT DO IT. The Got me 1200 dollars!!!And I"m Pissed!!!

• Ra
    RAUL Mar 29, 2008

I just fell victim to this RAT ### Myself and here is the email I got rite before I sent the money. God I hope carma is real and that it strikes this ### down.

"""SAY NO TO SHIP-AMERICAN.COM""""""

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157603664610294/

The bike was inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

You can use this link: http://www.ship-american.com/Tracking.php and then enter the following tracking number: SRAV00881839

Larvin Webb

Brad Mar 31, 2008

Yes a definite scam, i also contacted the "seller" about the classified ad for a 1995 CBR 1000RR, for $2400. I got the same e-mail back as previously listed by many other people. This scam also uses the name Matt Gregersen. SCAM. You will lose your money if you pay.

ALSO, this is not the only scam out there, whenever you are asked to send your money through an unsecure method, or they are out of the country for one reason or another, it is most likely a scam and you should not pay for the item.

Adrian Apr 07, 2008

The bike was inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

You can use this link: http://www.ship-american.com/Tracking.php and then enter the following tracking number: IBKG25659428 - then you will see all details about the bike.

Adrian Apr 07, 2008

IT IS A SCAM...

• Ju
    Justin Apr 09, 2008

I fell for the same thing o n a 2004 suzuki gsxr for $2500. I knew it was too good to be true but after finnaly finding the bike of my dreams for my price range i was blinded. He claimed his name was Larvin web on a oil rig in alaska. I hope this son of a ### gets caught and convicted. I am so pissed it was my whole savings account that i saved for a year after working. This just goes to show you that there are some ### ### people out there. I hope people find this before people get worked, good luck.

• Ke
    Kenya Apr 09, 2008

This site save me $2500. Like most I was so excited to see this beautiful bike that I've been wanting for a great price I almost went through with the transaction. Thank you all for sharing this has saved me much heartache and a great deal of being pissed off. I hope this will help someone just as it did me. Remember the names "Philip Leverett" and " Dalton Jordan" and anything that has to do with an Oil rig and a cheap motorcycle! Below it the reply to an email I sent to ask about the bike. Does the Alsaskan oil rig ring a bell?!?!?!

from "[protected]@aol.com" <[protected]@aol.com> hide details Apr 7 (2 days ago)
    to [protected]@gmail.com
    date Apr 7, 2008 9:09 PM
    subject Re: Hayabusa
    mailed-by aol.com

Hello,

First of all, let me introduce myself: my name is Philip Leverett and I work as an engineer on a oil rig.

The bike was inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

You can use this link: http://www.ship-american.com/Tracking.php and then enter the following tracking number: RKII95991192 - then you will see all details about the bike.

Philip Leverett

• Ca
    cameron Apr 18, 2008

yep son of a b looks like I just got scammed to wish i would have found this sight a day sooner

jayvee sahagun Apr 21, 2008

Yes i agree on that..SHIP-AMERICAN.COM is a scam! I saw an ads in kijiji and the owner is selling a 06 honda cbr 600rr for $2500. The owner emailed me and said that he is selling the bike because he relocate to alaska... the bike isn with this ship american company who serves as a broker and 3rd party seller with tracking nos. and everything... looks very realDon't be fooled by this SHIP-AMERICAN..This is a scam... dont send any thru western union and send it to london U.K...

Brad Jun 01, 2008

Here is an email I received after viewing a 2006 Honda CBR 600RR for $2500. It is word for word the same as the comment by George with the exception of his name, the bike, and he is now using Vehicle-Carry.com vs Ship-American.com. I copied the email below.
    -----------------------

Hello,

First of all, let me introduce myself: my name is David Marchiony and I work as an engineer on a oil rig.
    Now let me introduce the bike I'm selling:

2006 Honda CBR 600RR. Very clean bike, like new, with only 3428 miles. The price is $2500.

Also, I wouldn't have time or the conditions to ride it anymore.
    Since I didn't have the time to sell the bike before moving, I left it back home, in the custody of a shipping company: VEHICLE-CARRY
    The bike was inspected by them and it is ready to be sold and shipped.

You can use this link: http://www.vehicle-carry.com/Tracking.php and then enter the following tracking number: VOZM21514739 - then you will see all details about the bike.

If you decide to close the deal, the shipping company will act as a third party, you will send the money to VEHICLE-CARRY, they will ship it to you and the bike will arrive to your door in 72 hours.

You can choose up to 30 days for inspection period. VEHICLE-CARRY will secure your deposit during the inspection period, and they will release the funds to me only when the inspection period will be over and you will confirm that you don't intend to return the bike.

David Marchiony

**************
    Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
    (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)

• To
    Tony Jun 09, 2008

I got scammed to say story about a guy on a oil rig. Said his name was Tom Smilek. The offer was for an 06 gsxr.

• Gr
    Greg Jul 10, 2008

Dont fall for it. Major scam. BE advised of email from [protected]@aol.com or an Alex Wilson. 2003 gsxr 600 for sale for 2300. Only 3300 miles. Said bike was selling so cheap due to debt to pay off in a hurry. Claims to be an engineer on an oil rig in Alaska. Almost fell for this. Thank god my mom looked all the company up on the Better Business Bureau website. DO NOT FALL INTO THEIR SCAM. AND REPORT IT IF YOU ARE A VICTIM.

• Lc
    l.c. Jul 22, 2008

www.flickr/photos/vincenttoblin/ (the guy i was dealing with)
    " " /gregbulgin/ (same bike)
    /philipleverett/ (same bike)