Shell / service

United States Review updated:

I was treated extremely rudely by a cashier named Vickie at your shell location on 40 marrimon ave asheville nc. I was told it was not her job to wait on me. She is mad because I had two desperate orders and forgot I needed cigarettes so I tried to ring up a third time. But she refused to ring up my cigarettes until I got off the phone even though I had my card out ready to slide it I was just waiting on her. She belittled me in front of customers and I won't stop at another shell station even if I'm running out of gas until I know she's been reprimanded in some way. If I'm spending money at your store it should not matter how many transactions I have it's still money for you. I made a simple mistake of forgetting that I needed cigarettes myself and she went off on me. I hope you will talk with her and try to improve her attitude, or you've lost my buiseness.

• Updated by Zachiary, May 20, 2019

Lmao is that you Vickie?

Za
May 20, 2019

Comments

• Ba
      May 20, 2019

The way I see it, if you are old enough to buy cigarettes you are old enough to know that when you are talking to someone else in person that you get off your phone, or wait until the conversation is over. This is something you mother should have taught you. It is very rude and inconsiderate to be on the phone when you are talking to someone else. It is not the cashier that needs to be reprimanded it is YOU. You need to learn that when you are talking to someone face to face to get off your phone. Maybe if you were not too busy on your phone you would not have forgotten the cigarettes. She was not angry at you for forgetting the cigarettes, she was upset at you for your lack of manners. Because you were on the phone while talking to her. It is proper manners and courtesy to get off the phone or tell the person to hold on while you are talking to someone face to face.

• Za
      May 20, 2019

@basefistrotten I can appreciate a calm voice of reason, and to clarify you are absolutely correct I most likely would not have forgotten to buy cigarettes if I had not been on the phone. But since when does one absent minded mistake justify being aggressive and refusing service. I've worked in the service industry for over a decade and I have dealt with blatant rudeness on several occasions, and never acted like this woman did. I said please and thank you like my mother raised me to do, and apologized for my absent mindedness. The other cashier and customers behind me we're all shocked by her sudden outburst, and like me found it unbecoming of a woman of her age. The other cashier which I should have taken the time to say in my previous rant was very sweet and rang me up right away when Vickie refused. Part of working in the service industry is being accommodating and I could understand if I were intentionally messing with this woman to get a rise out of her and maybe she thought I was, or maybe it was a bad day. Thats how im trying to understand it, but speaking as someone whos been in the position that she thought she was in. I wont let my emotions dictate my actions. Thats the test of a true adult. I never feel compelled to complain I just needed an outlet on this one. I don't want this woman to loose her job of course but I do believe a lesson in customer service would help her.

May 20, 2019

@Zachiary Well you need a lesson on respect and courtesy. Most ADULTS know that it is bad manners to talk on the phone while talking to another person. Maybe she needed to teach you manners since mommy failed to do so. Maybe they were shocked that a "grown man" could not figure out that when he is talking to someone he should not be on the phone. Honestly you are acting like you are 15 Maybe they were shocked that a man your age was had no manners. You have to admit you lacked manners as well. That is the point of being an adult.

May 20, 2019

@basefistrotten That is the sad thing about the younger generation. They lack manners. I doubt that Zachary is over over the age of 25. These youngsters lack proper etiquette. With the invention of cell phones they are even more rude. You can tell these youngsters about proper etiquette but they just don't get it. They have no social skills, or anything.

May 21, 2019

@Zachiary Correction, you don't want this woman to LOSE her JOB. Then again you you seem to be thinking that basefiction is Vicky, but you refer to Vicky as female. Basefiction is clearly male. Has been on this site longer than you posted your review. So here is a lesson in etiquette. When you are talking on the phone and you are next in line tell the person to hold on for a second. It won't hurt you. If you really are old enough to have worked in customer service for over a decade, it is a shame that someone your age does lacks proper manners and etiquette. Instead of worrying about her behavior worry about your own. Yeah I too needed to ask questions while I was being helped. But here is what I do. I tell the person that I am talking to, to hold on for a second. Then I talk to the person face to face. Then when I am done. I continue talking to the person. IF I am at Walmart, or Target, and I need to ask for help. I tell the person to hold on, and I ask for help. I do not talk on the phone while I am talking to another person. Basefiction is trying to teach you a lesson. Something that you lack. That does not mean he was Vicky. It is very stupid for you to conclude this. He is simply telling you the truth. If you are talking to someone give them your undivided attention. It is shame that someone your age does not understand this simple concept. It is a shame that someone your age would think that the person whom you is replying to is Vicky. So unless Vicky is a transvestite from California and works in North Carolina, you are wrong about basefiction. So your conclusion, just like your ethics is poor.

May 21, 2019

@Zachiary You misspelled your own name. You do not know the difference between lose and loose. Come on even my 12 year old son knows the difference between lose and loose. He also knows that it is rude to be on the phone and to be talking to else at the same time. Even my 12 year old son knows the difference between SHE and I. You seem to think that Vicky is the only one that feels this way about people on cell phones. But obviously others do . They are not all Vicky. It is up to your parents to teach you manners. IF you are really as old as you make yourself out to be you should have proper know how rude it is to talk to the phone while doing business. IF you are over 30 it is sad that you don't have the maturity to put the person on hold for a few seconds. At your age you should have figured this out.

May 21, 2019

@ mark henderson I did not even notice that this person misspelled lose. No wonder he cannot use common sense and realize that there is no way that Vickie would post within minutes of him making this review. I posted a few minutes after he made this review. I doubt this silly little boy had this up for an hour before I posted telling him how rude and immature he is. The fact that he ASSumes that I am vickie, and cannot use the correct spelling of lose shows how uneducated he is. No wonder he worked for a lowing paying job for a decade. How pathetic.

May 21, 2019

@ mark henderson He needs to work on his behavior and attitude before being concerned about others. I am shocked that a "man" his age would behave this way.

May 20, 2019

Now I know that you are an immature child. You do not know how to read. You are very stupid. You are a liar. I AM NOT VICKIE. Think you stupid child. What are the chances that VIckie would be seeing your posts? Does she even know that you made this post? How stupid are you to ASSume that I am Vickie. I am just stating the truth little boy. If you were not so stupid you would see that I have replies on site to OTHER companies. I AM NOT VICKIE YOU FOOL. Stop lying kid. Obviously you are stupid if you think I am VIcike. IF I were Vickie, would I not use the term I rather than her. You are nothing but a liar and mommy needs to give you a good slap across the face and take away your phone little boy. I am just stating the truth. IT IS BAD MANNERS TO TALK ON THE PHONE WHILE YOU ARE HAVING A FACE TO FACE CONVERSATION. Also stop sending me private messages about how you raped and beat your own mother. SIck man.

May 21, 2019

One more thing. Even my 12 year old son can use common sense. You posted this, three hours ago. What are the chances that in those three hours Vicky would post this? DId you tell Vicky that you were posting on this site. THINK BEFORE YOU POST. It will make you appear less of a fool. Maybe if you spent more time in the real world and less time on your cell phone you would not be so foolish and you would be able to use common sense that is simple to even a second grader. Gosh I feel sorry for your parents.