Shawnee Mission KiaService Department

J

OMG Micheal Toll and Shawnee Mission KIA are the biggest scammers EVER. My sister and myself have bought our 2002 Kia sportage brand new from this location with the extended warranties through Primus Care. On several occasions they have given misleading information. Michael told my sister that her 2x2 kia sportage was having issues with her 4 wheel drive, we both watched him turn beet red, from her verifying that he was actually saying four wheel drive, and responded with I DO NOT HAVE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, he said "that's what they told me, let me go check."

Another occasion my car was leaking antifreeze Michael Toll told me that I needed to replace the transmission for about 500 bucks saying it was not covered by my warranty. After I called and verified with primus it was covered, amazingly they were able to fix it without replacing it. A year later car stopped and instantly over heated and Michael Toll at SHAWNEE MISSION KIA said that it was my compressor and replaced it through my warranty. When I went to pick up my car from them I could not get out of the parking lot IT WOULD NOT START!! Needless to say my engine was out, Micheal Toll had the audacity to say that it was because of that time that they told me I needed to replace my radiator and I did not want to. However he never answered how logical does that seem when I KNEW MY RADIATOR was covered by my warranty. After about 8 days, a rental and unnecessary crap they found a way to scam their way out of that one. The latest was 11/19/2009 3months after these repairs my car was seeming to have a fuel leak I was smelling gas, I needed an oil change so, I took back to SMK, Michael Toll called me 30 mins later saying that I needed to replace my battery, they needed to tighten my belts, and I had a fuel leaking from the orings. I was HEATED.. I told him to just change the oil and I was picking my car up. I took my car home and had it towed to another KIA location, who repaired the leak which was they only thing they found wrong, TOW and repairs were 1/3 less than what Michael Toll at SMK was trying to charge me with. I no longer chose to do BUSINESS WITH SHAWNEE MISSION KIA OR ANY WHERE THAT MICHAEL TOLL OR CURT ELLEN MANAGES AGAIN!!!

CHIM CHIM Dec 15, 2009

YOUR STORY DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. WHY DID YOU KEEP GOING THERE. YOU SEEM LIKE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. I BET YOU WERE RAISED BY MONKEYS.

• Ki
    KingKong1653281 Dec 16, 2009

I agree with chim chim you sound like an idiot...none of your story makes any sense what so ever. Like Chim Chim said if the service was so poor why would you return to the dealership by what is sounds like you were every week. YOU do indeed sound like you were raised by monkeys!

• Oh
    OH NO YOU DIDNT Dec 16, 2009

YOU SEEM LIKE YOU CRAZY. I BET YOU IS. CRAZY CRAZY, YES YOU IS. YOU SEEMS LIKE YOU IS A MEANS ONE TOO. OH YES YOU IS BEES DOOS SEEM MEAN. THEM MONKEYS MUST BE WILD MEAN MONKEYS THAT RAISED YOUS.

• Th
    THE TRUTH10 Oct 01, 2010

I HAVE HAVE HAD THE SAME ISSUES THEY ARE HORRIBLE. IF THE OTHER PEOPLE ON HERE IN KC METRO AREA THEY MUST BE EMPLOYEES IF THE SHOP. PLEASE DO NOT EVER GO TO THIS SHOP. I CURRENT HAVE FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM BECAUSE THEY REFUSED TO BACK UP THERE PROCLAIMED 10 YEAR 100, 000 MILE POWER TRAIN WARRANTY.

• Th
    THE TRUTH10 Oct 01, 2010

OH BTW I AM SURE THAT THEY KEPT GOING BACK TO THE SMK SHOP BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THEY HAVE IT SET UP. I TRIED TO GO TO ANOTHER KIA LOCATION AND WITH THE EXTENDED WARRANTY THEY WERE CHARGING A DEDUCTIBLE AT OTHER LOCATIONS BESIDE SHAWNEE MSN KIA.

I FEEL LIKE PUTTING THIS TYPE OF INFORMATION OUT ON THE INTERNET IS VERY HELPFUL. I WISH I WOULD OF KNOWN THAT THIS IS THE TYPICAL FOR THEM I WOULD NOT HAVE SOLICITED THEM EITHER.

THE TWO IGNORANT PEOPLE WHO ARE COMMENTING FOR THE SAKE OF BEING IGNORANT REALLY COULD SAVED IT... SMH @ THE CRASH DUMMIES!!!

• 66
    66012 Oct 18, 2011

I am also having this same issue, also with Michael Toll and the rest of the unprofessional staff in their service department. They don't fix the issue, change their story and then throw their hands in the air when it is under warranty!!! To put it frankly, they SUCK!

• Ts
    TSie May 24, 2012

I just went there last week and dropped of my Kia Optima because the shop I went to said my cylinder was cracked or a gasket was broken. Kia checked it, found it blew a gasket. I got it back yesterday fully under my power train warranty, no hastles whatsoever. They treated me wonderfully and always have! I'd go there for everything if I lived closer.

• Ts
    TSie May 24, 2012

By the way I do not work there, am not friends with anyone there, and have reason to praise them other than they have always treated me right.

• Kc
    kcborn Aug 06, 2012

Interesting, why are you on the 'complaints board' if you had great service? How come the last review was immediately after the last complaint? On the same day, with the same user name. Fudge reviews much? Just another testament to your conniving team in the service department. Maybe if you focused on the actual service of your customer vs. complaint damage control, actually doing your work in an honorable service manner, you would better benefit. There are plenty of other places to place a proper review but of course this obviously isn't proper.

We are still dealing with a car issue that they decided they weren't going to help fix under warranty. We have decided to go to another KIA dealership. They stated how there are other customers that have left Shawnee Mission because of their 'service' department.

I will say, on a positive note, the buying process was great. They were polite and professional. But had I known what the long term would be (in the service dept.) I would have walked away.

• St
    STAR_MO Dec 20, 2012

JAE_KS
    I too have a KIA 2002. All I can say to your post is DITTO EXACTLY!!! Only difference is I purchased my KIA from Olathe KIA and had these mysteriously same issues and same responses from when Michael was service manager at that location.

• Ro
    roycechanel May 09, 2017

I too agree that Mike Toll is an opportunistic con. He tells people, who he thinks don't any better, anything to get their money. Once he is confronted or the proper information is brought to light, he gets nonchalant and annoyed. I never had these issues when going to Shawnee Mission Hyundai (where I purchased my car). This is my last time for GOOD!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices