Menu
Home Food & Beverages Shari's Berries / Berries.com complete rip off
F
Author of the complaint
1:07 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Do not do business with this unethical company!
Ordered six berries for my mother-in-law and a santa's workshop live christmas tree for my mother last week. My mother lives in a suburb of phoenix, az and my mother-in-law lives in the same city as I do, elko, nv.. Both products were on special for $19.99 and the freight was listed as $9.99 for each order. Seemed like a fair price for the tree and little steep on the berries, but what the heck it's part of their christmas. As you proceed through the order process, near the end I noticed that there was an additional freight charge of $9.99 on each order. The charge was listed as a "rural" delivery fee. That makes each order $19.99 for the product and an additional charge of $19.99 for shipping! Neither location is "rural", both are located on a major interstate highway and have full facilities of all the major delivery companies, ups, fed ex etc. I order frequently from dozens of companies and I have never been charged a additional fee for freight. As I started to cancel the order a box pops up and says that I will receive up to a $15.00 rebate after I place the order. O.K., now a freight charge of $4.99 seems more than reasonable, so I place the order.
Here's where the scam kicks in. To receive the "rebate" you have to subscribe for services with another company that offers you a 30 day free trial and then bills the credit card info you have to provide $30.00 per month. Oh, and the rebate is on a future order! They will not cancel the order once it is placed, which is why they have the rebate available after the order is placed. I chose not to be manipulated into signing up for a service I did not want. It seemed better to just eat the outrageous charges and never do business with such a unethical company. But no, they weren't done. I received e-mail after e-mail from the company offering the rebate telling me I still had time to take advantage of their incredible offer. I even received a e-mail at work.

The tree I sent to my mother was as advertised and delighted my mom. It actually came from proflowers.com.
Sharie's berries is actually part of a multicompany corporation consisting of pro flowers, pro flowers international, sharie's berries, red envelope and cherry hill farms. Beware of the business practices of all these companies.
The berries to my mother-in-law were terrible. The size was small to medium and the berries were overripe.
$20.00 for six of these pathetic berries.
I put a review on their website and they didn't print it. They do have hundreds and hundreds of rave, 5 star reviews, but none that are negative or mention the shipping scam! Funny how that works.
I've gone out of my way to warn friends and coworkers about these companies and will continue to drive business away from these unethical crooks.

55 comments
May 21, 2020 3:19 am EDT

Four and half-day in transit for mother's day, She didn't have a gift for mother's day. When it arrived they were melted and molted. I called customer service and was on hold for more than two hours and NEVER talk to a live person . Terrible

W
Dec 28, 2019 10:19 am EST

We receive chocolate covered strawberries each year from our kids. This year the strawberries were horrible. They were small not ripe, actually green and the chocolate taste horrible! So dissatisfied

X
May 22, 2019 11:31 am EDT

here is other picture

May 19, 2019 10:49 am EDT

I am extremely unhappy with this company. I asked for the delivery date of my moms mothers day gift to be either May 9th or May 10th. She received her gift on May 13th in a soaking wet box and everything inside of it was ruined and there was mold growing on the strawberries.

May 20, 2019 2:52 am EDT

My dad ordered me Shari's Berries for my birthday and the chocolate was melted and the strawberries were warm. The box was wet on the bottom from the chocolate melting through the box.

T
May 18, 2019 6:08 pm EDT

The strawberries I ordered for my mom are not fresh. They are mushy and soft, which is very gross when it comes to strawberries. I would expect that they would be fresh. After trying 2 of them, both in the same condition, my mom has decided she doesnt want to even try to others in fear that they'll be rotten like these ones.

X
May 16, 2019 3:30 pm EDT

just bad product

H
Mar 27, 2019 4:10 pm EDT

I just found out that Shari's Berries signed me up for a free shipping club when I placed my order in February 2017!
My credit card has been charged $13 each month since then! Scam! Just cancelled the membership and will never order from this unethical company and their affiliates again!

M
Mar 02, 2019 10:52 pm EST

I ordered a dozen of Strawberries and Four pretzel rods for my husband's birthday. The four Big White Chocolate were edible the others were small tasted spoiled/Sour and smelled like dirty socks. The Pretzels we're stale and bitter. Neither were edible. I would like a refund or replacement at the very least. Please contact [email protected]

Feb 14, 2019 11:18 pm EST

Got the TV special "hurry" $20 for 1 dozen roses and $20 for 6 Strawberries. Paid $10 for guaranteed delivery on Valentine's Day and $4 for rural delivery?! $$hipping almost as much as the merchandise - $74 total. Didn’t know the $$hipping part until after I placed the order but OK, I’ll surprise her, guaranteed. Wife came home with no flowers or berries. I was embarrassed and mad. Called and supposedly I am to receive a full refund. Now flowers and berries are supposed to be delivered the 15th. So we’ll see but I'm thinking Never again!

Feb 05, 2019 5:34 pm EST

Complete SCAM. I heard their advertisement on SIRIUS XM Radio. Complete disaster. Never received product. Never refunded credit card. So I made the credit card company pull the funds. Look at where these idiots are located. CALIFORNIA.
Sirius XM Radio will not pull their advertisement. They claim they make way too much money from the advertising. I advised SIRIUS XM RADIO that I will no longer be a customer of theirs and let the entire world know about Sharies Berries. I was told be Sirus XM Radio, they said sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause.

Nov 12, 2018 2:46 pm EST

I have called and was told I was told i'd receive an email that a refund was issued. I emailed also.
I have not received one confirmation!

T
Oct 31, 2018 9:37 pm EDT

I recieved 12 covered strawberries which looked fine, then saw the basket which looked like it was the size of the smallest Easter Basket, so very very small and candy that looked like you could buy at Walmart for the grand total price of $155, are you kidding me, I will never buy again from this company.

Tim, Greenwood In.

A
Aug 20, 2018 12:43 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Supposed to deliver april5th showed up April 11th. Rotten! I want this fixed!

Aug 20, 2018 1:28 pm EDT

I ordered berries for my daughters birthday which was yesterday. They were not delivered but my credit card was charged.
This is unacceptable.
I have ordered several products and have never had a problem.

P
Aug 20, 2018 9:13 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Should I expect to receive the strawberries as shown in the photo? One of the strawberries is much smaller than the rest. Also, they arrived with only one freezer bag which was completely thawed. The berries; however, were still cool.

Aug 21, 2018 2:25 am EDT

I purchased an item which cost $30.00. With shipping cost and taxes, my final bill was $70.00! More than double!
How is this legal?

May 12, 2018 1:23 pm EDT

I ordered a basket for my mother in Colorado to be delivered the Friday before mother’s day on 5/11/18 and they never arrived. I was on the line with their outsourced customer service for 1 hour and 34 minutes! They were very hard to understand as English was their second language. I am attaching my live chat from 5/9 where I confirmed payment! They offered to deliver on the Tuesday after mother’s day but would not offer a discount of any kind. I ended up ordering from a local flower shop and they were very Accommodating to deliver on Sunday! I have used Sheri’s berries for the past 6 or 7 years for her birthday, Christmas, mother’s day, etc. but they lost a great customer forever. I will not use any of their affiliate companies either (proflowers, red envelope, etc.).

May 08, 2018 7:43 am EDT

Shari's Berries - Utter Ripoff.

Heard a lot of their ads and I thought I would give them a try for Mother's Day. Though even at "sale" price of $39 for 12 chocolate dipped berries it seemed a bit high to begin with (you can get the same things at the Wal-Mart deli for $10). However, I bit the bullet and decided I would send my mother and my wife one, so I'm figuring on about $90 after shipping. Get to the payment screen and am ready to hit complete and happen to look at the total...wait?!? what? $148?!? For that price those berries should be dipped in pure platinum! So I look at the breakdown to see how $80 became $148. $33.98($16.99x2) for standard shipping, $19.98 ($9.99x2) for a "Guaranteed Delivery Surcharge" (even though I said delivery was flexible and Mother's day is still a week away). And $7.98 ($3.99x2) for a rural delivery surcharge. Even though I have received hundreds of orders from various companies and have never, not one single time, been charged extra for being "rural" (which I'm really not, both I and mother live in large town of ~30, 000). Luckily, unlike some have stated, I WAS able to delete my order before I hit the final "complete" tab. Went to Amazon and ordered much nicer gifts with completely free Prime Shipping! I will never even consider this company again. Honestly don't know how this outfit stays in business, lazy holiday shoppers with money to burn I guess...

O
Feb 15, 2018 10:09 am EST

Rainbow roses were mediocre and one was cut (not broken) close to the bud. The vase that came with them had a neck too large to present the roses properly so the eleven (since one was cut) just drooped around the outside of the opening of the vase.
The berries tasted fermented and were dripping fermented liquid. Chocolate covering the berries was bland and tasted artificial. This was a gift, and I feel so guilty my friend paid so much money for such a crummy product. The shipping charges are a real scam, as well.

May 17, 2017 4:50 pm EDT

I ordered a package that included an additional delivery fee to have sent to My Mother Saturday May 13, to have on her most special day, Mother's Day. I became very well aware that they knew she did not receive her special gift on the 13th after an email that I received from them. I called and expressed my ultimate concern for the email I received stating the delivery date changed to Tuesday 05/16. I was shocked and concerned that my Mother would not have her gift on Mother’s Day. I was PROMISED by a service representative that it would be delivered overnight and received May 14, 2017. She gave her word! I believed her and felt reassured that My Mother would receive the gift on time. I am fully aware that they knew that she DID NOT receive her gift on Mother's day as promised because she did not ! I feel cheated and lied to.
Shari's Berries lied to me. They deceived me and cheated My Mother out of her special gift that I was promised she would receive 05/14. Although I requested a delivery date again by replying to a letter sent by one of their reps. 05/15, I never received confirmation, then surprisingly the package arrived midday 05/15. The Flowers were wilted and far from revival. The chocolate covered strawberries and cheese cake are completely unrecognizable! What type of business would do this? I am completely insulted that Shari's Berries would consider this to be anywhere near acceptable. Nothing resembles what I paid for. Nothing resembles anything that anyone in their right mind would eat let alone enjoy.
I received several scripted emails from several different customer sales representatives with weird names that don’t even seem real offering to resend the order or provide a credit coupon for the same value to redeem at another time. I chose the credit coupon each of the reps. I then received an email each time stating that the coupons were no longer available. This happened enough that I was just simply fed up. I finally asked that they re-send the package. I then received another email stating that the package I ordered was no longer available. This is an extremely unacceptable business practice. We are left with nothing!
This experience has destroyed any enjoyable surprise I had expected to be given to My Mother for her Special day. I am completely embarrassed and ashamed by this situation that Shari's Berries put me and my Mother in. I can’t imagine the feeling My Mother had when she opened the package!
I have been cheated, deceived, manipulated, lied to, insulted and made embarrassed as well as ashamed !
This type of business practice lacks integrity, honesty, trust and dependability. The service that I have received from Shari's Berries is unacceptable and is a disgrace to the service industry.
I have NEVER been treated like this!

May 15, 2017 7:35 am EDT

WARNING! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE A TOTAL DISASTER AND A TOTAL RIP-OFF !
I order a $60.00 basket for my elderly mother who lives out of state as her Mothers Day gift. The additional delivery charges brought the total to $93.00, That's right, I said $93.00! That's not even the worst part of this dumpster fire of a company, its their lack of customer service! The gift never arrived on Mothers Day or ever for that matter and when I called customer service it was located in th Phillapienes! A woman who didn't have a command of the English language fed me a bunch of bull crap excuses and were absolutely no help with this issue. I asked for a supervisor and she would not let me speak to one. My brother and 2 sisters all gave my mother their Mothers Day gifts on time on her special day while me and my family ended up looking like a bunch of ungrateful people all because of this company's crappy delivery "guarantee" and crappy customer service! So now I am out $93.00 and I have an elderly mother who thinks my family is too busy to send her a Mothers Day gift. I will be telling everyone that I know not to use Sharis Berries AND I will be going on every social media site that I can and posting my negative experience about this company. I will definitely cost them more in lost sales and reputation than the $93.00 that they cost me! The word will spread, its like that old Brock shampoo comercial, you tell 2 friends, and they tell 2 friends and so on and so on...

May 13, 2017 9:16 pm EDT

I have the same complaints. Ordered flowers and berries for my mom for Mother's Day. Website showed Friday delivery date and my order ($95.23) also showed Friday delivery. It is now 9:00 PM Saturday, the night before Mother's Day and no trace of the packages. The UPS tracking site shows it is still sitting in a warehouse. Customer service said they would refund my account in 7-10 business days, but I'm not holding my breath.

U
Feb 25, 2017 10:16 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had order an birthday gift for my wife on Thursday feb 23, 2017, strawberries and three small cheese cakes, after looking at the bill rural charge was 15.00, overnight, my bill was 80.00 with discounts, top it off they use the worst delivery service FedEx, order was expected on Saturday some time during the day, they lost my order in rout from Portland Maine to where, I live in Brewer Maine . Tracking site sucks 4 to 12 hr delays in updating, I cringed when I saw they used FedEx, would have paid a little more for selection on delivery methods UPS hands down the best deliveries service, updated soft ware and no delay and if they have an issue the email you and call you to see if they can make arrangements to get the package to you ! Customer service they way it should be ! Now I wondering if my gift is going to arrive spoiled, if so hope thiscompany will go good on it ! but will never order again from this company ever again !

Feb 17, 2017 6:08 pm EST

still waiting!

Feb 17, 2017 6:08 pm EST

I am still waiting for a response back from my past email and phone call!

B
Mar 13, 2014 4:59 am EDT

I ordered gift for my wife on Valentine’s Day from the website www.sharisberries.com. They charged me within several minutes and provided the approximate time of the delivery. But on Valentine’s Day, they didn’t deliver my gift. I called them after that, but no one replied to phone call and emails. They ruined my surprise and day. Not recommended. They still haven’t returned money. So be careful if you use this website or leave comments if you have horrible experience with this seller.

May 07, 2016 5:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I made an order to be delivered on a Friday (5/5/16). By Saturday afternoon (5/6/16), it was still not there. I called & they asked me to wait until 8pm because deliveries go until 8. And if it did not get delivered, to call back. Well I waited on hold for an hour and got no one. I will be contesting this charge with my credit card company.

I want a full refund for order #[protected]

O
May 06, 2016 1:35 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My order for 6 strawberries of $29 ended up costing me just under $59. I sure hope they taste good because they must be made of gold or delivered by someone of royalty! The shipping cost more than the product itself.

May 06, 2016 4:56 am EDT

Total rip-off, bait and switch tactics and double shipping costs will guarantee to double the cost of your order. Complete shipping scam. Never again.

L
Apr 27, 2016 1:18 pm EDT

RIP OFF! Just had 2 items in my cart which should have totaled $38 but was hit with 2 $14.99 delivery fee + $9.99 + 4.99. $44.96 delivery fee!
I though something must be wrong. When I called the person did not understand me or I definitely didn't understand her. I think she was trying to tell me that in order to be able to deliver fresh products they had to individually box and ship them therefore charge 2 fees. She said the additional fees were for rush orders. I noticed that when I first clicked on the delivery date it was regular shipping but then it changed to a violet color which is "rush"
charge. I asked for her supervisor and of course was put on eternal hold and finally I hung up. Such a shame because the products look wonderful. This is what happens when greed takes over. Total SCAM!

Feb 16, 2016 12:08 pm EST

12 Red Roses with 6 Swizzled Strawberries and Cheesecake Trio:
First the good: I did like the way that the strawberries were covered and didn't have the green tops on them. Very nice presentation for the berries and the cheesecake. Was delivered on time.
Now the bad: If my order was the normal for service I will NEVER order from Shari's Berries again and recommend no one else does either. The flowers were not anywhere as full as the ones in the picture. So much so that it made the vase look too big for the flowers. Had to go and buy more flowers at a local florist to fill in the vase. I would of had better flowers if I had of bought the $15 dozen at local grocery store (and I don't like grocery store Roses). The roses also aren't lasting very long. 2 of the strawberries were good, but 4 were not ripe enough so instead of sweet they were more sour. I don't event want to get started on the cheese cake... WAY WAY WAY to much flower as a thickener in the cheesecake, gross. You can get the same quality at a local gas station bakery. Defiantly not what I expected from what should be a reputable company. I wouldn't of paid more than $25 for this whole thing (including shipping) if I had of had a sample and known. WAY over priced. Paid for for $86.95 ($102.94 after shipping).. Very unsatisfied. I've ordered from other online flower places and been very satisfied.

Feb 12, 2016 10:14 am EST

I ordered a Valentine's dDay order that was "guaranteed" delivery by the 12th -- Just to receive a tracking number confirmation from them & the carries confirm that it won't deliver until the following day. Because THATS what I paid $24.99 in "shipping" for... Of course! BS! On top of that --To get a rep that CANT EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH! -- Blows my mind furiously -- And to explain myself 5 times --- Forget it! I'm done!

Jan 21, 2016 3:14 pm EST

I ordered these berries for my stepmom. They charged my credit card for a second delivery putting me on auto ship without my consent and refused to give me the money back. I had a complaint with how they delivered the product, they didn't knock on the door or ring the doorbell instead just left it on front porch at eight o clock at night. When you complain very indignant attitude. I paid a lot of money for this gift I expect much better service. Never again!

Dec 09, 2015 3:19 pm EST

i have ordered a birthday cake from there, first they messed up the date, then they delivered it a day late after me calling them and replacing the order . then when the cake arrived it looked nothing like the picture and mostly was crushed along with the box ., wish i could post pictures, so that no one will order it from them !

I
Jul 21, 2015 12:30 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I too have just been ripped off by these jokers. I bought the Groupon 15.00 for 30.00 at SB. I ordered the 6 strawberries and 3 small cupcakes MINI CUPCAKES PEOPLE. for 34.98. Went through all the crappy sign up process and at the very end they charge 19.99 for STANDARD shipping AND sales tax of 4.00. my total ended up something like 50+ dollars for 6 little strawberries and 3 mini cupcakes. I know these guys belong to proflowers so I looked up there sales tax policy which doesn't even cover my state. My only hope is that they'll scam someone from the federal trade commission, piss them off and we;ll all get free starwberries and cupcakes for life.

Apr 01, 2012 7:52 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Placed an order for Cookies by design, paid as much for expedited delivery as the item itself. Item was never delivered, no follow up call was made. Customer service full of excuses. Bottom line, DO NOT use Shari's Berries for any special moments. Very very disappointed

May 09, 2015 9:53 pm EDT

I agree with all the complaints. I ordered Mother's Day strawberries and cookies. I will not receive them on time for Mother's Day. I ordered in plenty enough time. What a ripoff! The two dozen roses I ordered show up, but they are nothing special at all. Everyone save your money go to the store buy flowers and berries. You will save yourself a lot of money and headache!

A
May 06, 2015 4:02 pm EDT

NEVER AGAIN. TOTAL RIP OFF.

$39 special for 6 berries and 3 (small) cheese cakes after shipping and other charges was $77.09

77.09 for 6 berries and 3 cheesecakes? I could have taken my wife to CHEESECAKE FACTORY and had a meal with dessert for WAY less than that.

DO NOT BE SCAMMED LIKE I WAS.

H
Feb 16, 2015 3:08 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Rip off...I ordered half dozen chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's day for my husband. When he received them they were hot and looked nothing like the picture. It was such a disappointment, for a Valentine's gift. :(

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

121 complaints