ShadowShoppersripped me off for $3700.00

S

They sent me a check for $3700.69 and out of that I sent Money gram to Huston Tx to a Liz Taylor. I was to receive out of the check $200.00 to shop and $300.00 for my time to do the shopping their was also a fee to be used to send the money gram with $115.69 and that amount was not enough. I did all it said to do. My bank called me this morning and told me the check was not good now most of my life savings is gone . MY house taxed have not been paid and my grandkids will not get xmas. I was scammed $3700.00 because I needed the extra job to get xmas and pay my taxes.

• Na
    Nancy Mar 25, 2009

I knew I was trying a trial period of 1 month and clicked the button not to auto renew. 30 days later, I had an automatic payment pulled from my account of $99.99.

When I closed my account, I did not read any information to the effect of, 'Remember, as stated before canceling your membership, that no refunds will be issued, either in full or for the unused portion of your membership.'

I responded to this company with an e-mail (there is no phone number given) with my displeasure of there unethical policy.

• Ta
    Tara Nov 06, 2008

I received a similar check from Shadow Shopper Research. I checked it out on line before doing anything. Now, whenever I call them, and I happen to get the same person every time, I get the run around. He tells me that his supervisor still isn't in and that he'll call me. I believe this to be a total scam, also!