Service America Enterprise Logo

Service America Enterprise

Having problems with Service America Enterprise?

Service America Enterprise reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 2, 2009. The latest review electrical was posted on Oct 25, 2018. The latest complaint brand new ac leaking was resolved on Oct 29, 2014. Service America Enterprise has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 34 reviews. Service America Enterprise has resolved 11 complaints.

Service America Enterprise Customer Service Contacts

+1 954 280 3684 (Customer Service)
+1 954 280 5897 (Home Service Plan Sales)
+1 954 280 8158 (Air Conditioning Sales)
+1 954 280 9368 (Plumbing Sales)
+1 954 939 0076 (Home Service Plan Repairs)
+1 954 951 9693 (Repairs On-Demand (Non-Service Plans)
+1 954 280 9862 (Preventative Maintenance)
+1 954 633 8309 (Commercial Services)
2755 NW 63rd Court
Thu8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Service America Enterprise Customer Service. Initial Service America Enterprise complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Service America Enterprise above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Service America Enterprise. Discuss the issues you have had with Service America Enterprise and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Service America Enterprise Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Service Americapoor service

I had an AC problem and they sent out 7 - SEVEN!!! different service people that could not fix the problem (doesn't include cancellations or them showing up late). Last visit they asked me to pay money to clean something, and that is why we have the warranty! It is not in our contract and the higher ups in company won't return my calls. Very poor service, save your money and hire reputable contractors when you need it and forget the service contract from this company!

• Fr
      FrankTB May 25, 2014

CONSUMER BEWARE!!! Stay away from SERVICE AMERICA!!! Wish I had checked out their reputation before I renewed my contracts and actually purchased a new A/C unit from them!!! They installed a new unit in Feb 2013. Here it is May 2014 and the air handler is leaking water like a sieve... I call them up on Saturday (a normal work day) at 10:04am. They tell me because of the Memorial Day weekend the EARLIEST they can come is Tuesday!!! I am a long-time paying contract customer... this is how they treat their customers??!! I state I need service quicker than that as we cannot run A/C (90+ degree temps this weekend) with water pouring out of the unit... why not that day, or even willing to pay for that evening... "not possible"... They agree to get me an "out of hours" service call for Sunday... at the cost of $105.00 trip charge!!! Cannot believe it, but I accept, and to top it off they tell me the SERVICE WINDOW is between 8am and 5pm!!! A 9 hour service call window??!! Sunday comes, I call at 12noon to confirm that we are going to see a service tech... "you are confirmed and a tech will be there between 8am and 5pm. Now it is 3pm... I call again... "don't worry, someone will be there eventually... don't worry about the 5pm time...???!!! I advise them if the tech does not show by 5pm to let their HQ know I will be calling on Tuesday, and not to bother coming out past 5pm because community will not allow them in. Now, after waiting 9 hours, I receive a call from the tech at 5:30pm telling me he can be at my home in 15 minutes!!!??? I tell him to forget it, what happened to 8am to 5 pm??... and he simply says, "sorry, they will reschedule the call"... I just wasted 9+ hours waiting for a tech who never showed within a 9 hour SERVICE WINDOW!!! WORST service company I have ever experienced. Too bad they were the ones to take over the business from the old company. SERVICE AMERICA has no idea what customer service, customer care, and customer longevity means!!! I am contacting our Master Association to ensure they are but on the AVOID LIST and hope to have them removed from this community altogether... 36 villages within our community, I hope they lose whatever business they have here. CONSUMER BEWARE!!! Horrible service and very poor customer service personnel... no empathy, no concern, no attempt to make things right...

• Du
      dukeaubie Jan 18, 2010

I do not recommend anyone purchase a service contract with them. As a matter of fact, I'm finished with these service contract companies. It is all just a scam.

This is my latest fiasco with Service America.

1. On 12/29/10 called in service because flame would not stay lite on furnace, sent out a technician who said there were loose wires and said it was fixed � problem not fixed when cold front hit New Year's weekend the heater would not work

2. On 1/5/10 sent out another technician that spent about 5 minutes and then told me it was too complicated for him so they would have to send out a specialist, he couldn't come out until Thurs 1/7/10 (in the meantime FL is being hit by the coldest system since the 70's, temps in the 20's at night and 40's during the day).

3. On 1/7/10 specialist shows up and spends a good deal of time diagnosing the problem and determines it is one of two things; 1) sensor, or 2) circuit board. To be on the safe side he said he was going to order both parts but they would not be in until Tues 1/12/10

4. On 1/12/10 another technician shows up with only the sensor and then tells me it is not the sensor but the circuit board and dispatch had sent our circuit board on another service call and he wouldn�t be able to fix it until Friday 1/15/10

5. My husband called to speak with the customer service supervisor and no one returned his call

6. On 1/13/10 I call Service America and request to cancel my contract and a refund of payment and they put me through to Pauline the customer service supervisor (funny how that works). She tells me that the circuit board never was delivered from the manufacture because it is on back order (different story than what the Tech told me) and now they want be able to fix the heater until Monday 1/18/10 (temps go back up into the 70's/50's now). This puts us into 4 weeks after the initial call when the heater should have been fixed in the first place. If they had sent out a competent technician to begin with this whole fiasco would not have happened.

7. Called on 1/15/10 to verify appointment for Monday

8. On 1/18/10 did not show up at scheduled time (8am - 1pm). Called Service America Customer Service and spoke to Sharon. She said my appointment was scheduled for Thur 1/21/10. I asked her to provide me with the amount of my contract renewal in August and then asked for the number of service calls that had been made since my renewal with the exception of this incident which began on 12/29/09. The contract renewal was $534.85. There was one service call for the washer that totaled $132.90 (which I actually wrote them a check for). I then asked to be transferred to Pauline and left a message on her voicemail that I wanted my contract cancelled and my money refunded. Pauline returned my call but told me they could only cancel my contract but could not refund my money.

As I stated before, I do not recommend this company. I actually went to their website and their VP of Operations actually has the nerve to have this posted...Nancy's motto is "treat the customer as you or a member of your family would want to be treated"

Is this how she treats her family?

Service America — broken washer / laundry

Called on Fr. Feb 27 to report problems with washing mashine. Got my appoinment for Feb. 2. My time wa...

Service Americacompany charging for service calls

I have been a customer of Service America. Most of their service techs do not know what they are doing! They blame it on your home appliances and find excuses while they destroy what they came to your home to fix to begin with.
    I recently had 6 techs sent to my home to fix a faucet that they broke. Each tech blamed it on the previous one and I had to pay out
    of my pocket for the parts! My Service America contract price is almost $500.00.
    Service America is a big scam and will claim that they only hire experienced service people. This is not the truth! This company believes they have a monopoly on the market in Florida. I received a letter in the mail stating that they are now forcing their customers to pay a service fee of $45.00 every time they have to service your home! This was never stated in their contract and they are scamming their customer into paying this incredulous service call fee. They actually count the number of times they come to your home, this also was not stated in their contract. I spoke with two managers who sounded like a robot, and they kept repeating that Service America can enforce any service fee at their discretion! They also disclosed that Service America takes a loss every time they come to your home! Charging their customers almost $500.00 for a contract, and they are complaining as well as scamming! This is pure American Greed! Now my family, neighbors, and friends are waiting for their contract to expire so they can drop Service America as soon as possible. Beware of Service America and their greed and shocking practices. Don't forget, they count the number of visits to your home!

Service Americathis company is the most incompetent, unservice and customer relations friendly firm I have ever used

This company is the most incompetent, unservice and customer relations friendly firm I have ever used. We have a service contract that we did not need to use for the first year and a half. At that time we noticed that the dishwasher was not latching properly. Their service man came, said he had to order a part and it should be in in a few day. They never called, we called back 2 weeks later and they said the part was never ordered. 2 weeks later their rep came out and said it was the wrong part. They scheduled the appt for a week later which we felt was unacceptable. After 4 hours of hold time and unkept promises of returned phone calls, we were resolved to that appt. THey never called or came. WHen we called to find out why, they had rescheduled for a time that we were not available without ever asking. After another 2 hours on hold and with supervisors, they have promised to come tomorrow morning. And now, even tho we paid a co pay, they have already charged our card with a charge for the part. The whole idea of their service is to provide replacement parts and labor when needed. If you put any value on your stress level or time, DO NOT USE THIS FIRM. THEY CHARGE FOR ITEMS THAT SHOULD BE OVERED< THEY DO NOT COME WHEN PROMISED AND THEY MISDIAGNOSE THE CORRECTIONS. INCOMPETENT.

• Ro
          Rosalie Klein Apr 06, 2018

I agree with all of the complaints listed. I had a disconnect replaced & it took 3 weeks & 4 techs & $300 later to have it done. I was without heat for that time & freezing. I demanded that they return half of my money due to their incompetent techs but they refused. If I have A/C coverage & the A/C needs the disconnect to operate than why the hell am I being charged $300.00 & why isn't that under my coverage contract. My complaint also is that I pay a yearly price for coverage & yet they have the nerve to charge me $45.00 for a service call fee. What is that for?? the techs gas money??? In my opinion this comes under the heading of greed.

Today, 5/6/2018 I had a tech, Sean Fong Quee come to take a look at my A/C as it was dripping water. I must say he was a breath of fresh air, he was a pleasure to deal with. Very polite, knowledgeable & helpful. It was like a breath of fresh air to have a tech from Service America come & fix the problem in 20 mins. I was very impressed with Sean. Nice guy, knowledgeable, pleasant, helpful & a nice personality. They should give him a raise.

Service AmericaI cannot understand how is possible they subsist

Service America? No way! how better Service Congo? or sevice Belize?

It is amazing that they have to send 2 people to determine to fixe awhat it is to be a simple issue, and is taking 2 weeks to perform the service, there is noone to talk to, nobody cna determine to help you, We want to order overnight the pieces we have been one week without refrigerator ( we are big guys) and noone can tell us even what we need to order for at least they coul come to repair next day.

It has allways been a louzy company, I cannot understand how is possible they subsist!

Service Americathe worst customer service!

Had a contract with them that I was not going to renew, they called a month later to offer me a deal so I renewed for another year. Ended up purchasing new air conditioner from them that they tried to tell me that they would pay for the handler because it was covered and I would pay for the condenser. I shopped around and found out that they were actually charging me more than if I had another company do the whole thing! Then they came out 4 times with the wrong breaker for the new unit. When I got so frustrated calling there because only 1 man answers the phone, I decided to cancel the contract. They told me that I would get credit for 90% and any days that I had the contract. When I was only credited 1/4 of what I was supposed to, I called AGAIN! They charged me for a service call on one of the times that they brought the wrong breaker. They said they would credit it, then they said that I had the contract for a month longer than I actually paid! I paid on Aug. 9, but they made the contract start as if I would have renewed in July. So I am paying for days that I didn't actually have use of the contract! They are the absolute worst!!! Please DO NOT USE SERVICE AMERICA!

Service America Florida — total incompetance

These clowns are a joke. From long wait times on the phone, to rude customer service people who apparently...

ServiceAmericaincompetant company

This company is the most incompetant, unservice and customer relations friendly firm I have ever used. We have a service contract that we did not need to use for the first year and a half. At that time we noticed that the dishwasher was not latching properly. Their service man came, said he had to order a part and it should be in in a few day. They never called, we called back 2 weeks later and they said the part was never ordered. 2 weeks later their rep came out and said it was the wrong part. They scheduled the appt for a week later which we felt was unacceptable. After 4 hours of hold time and unkept promises of returned phone calls, we were resolved to that appt. THey never called or came. WHen we called to find out why, they had rescheduled for a time that we were not available without ever asking. After another 2 hours on hold and with supervisors, they have promised to come tomorrow morning. And now, even tho we paid a co pay, they have already charged our card with a charge for the part. The whole idea of their service is to provide replacement parts and labor when needed. If you put any value on your stress level or time, DO NOT USE THIS FIRM. THEY CHARGE FOR ITEMS THAT SHOULD BE OVERED< THEY DO NOT COME WHEN PROMISED AND THEY MISDIAGNOSE THE CORRECTIONS.

Service Americaservice to repair a dryer machine

31-jan-2011 a service american technician came to mu house to check the dryer machine (The dryer was not running), but before he came the washer machine was ok. He was at my apartament for no more than 15 minutes checking the dryer, he made a new appointment, the man was not speaking spanish and my husband who was in house did not know that happened. The technician left unarmed the dryer, two cut cables, and after he went away the washer which was in prefectas conditions before came to my house now is not working. I called to service américa and the answer was that I shold pay again 35 dollars in order that a technician was check the washer that this company left out of use.in addition the technician I leave the uncovered tumble dryer pipes and leave us without possibilities of washing and dry up to a new visit.

• Am
                  Americanhere Sep 06, 2011

The man should not be speaking Spanish. This is AMERICA. We speak ENGLISH HERE

• Bl
                  blanca munoz Feb 16, 2011

Today after 14 days I posted this comment, Service america has not fixed neither the dryer nor the washer (the washer stopped working after the technician's first visit). Today we had an appointment at 3 in the afternoon and we are still waiting for them...

Service Americaadding to original

Service America is unreliable, irresponsible, employees are really rude and the techs are incompetent. My air conditioning unit went on the fritz on Tuesday, September 28. I noticed the thermostat was 85 degrees, so I turned it off and found a soaking wet filter and a nice size puddle under the unit. The tech "couldn't" be here until Thursday afternoon, 9/28. He was prompt, pleasant, and told me my coil was in need of an acid wash and would not be covered under the contract at the tune of $500. He then tried to pressure me into getting a new unit altogether, from Service America. HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT I COULD RUN THE AIR CONDITIONER UNTIL THEN WITHOUT USING A FILTER. My mistake was in trusting that advice. By Friday night my entire floor was drenched and my thermostat said 88 degrees. I guess he really wanted me to get a new unit, and I may have to now thanks to his ill-given advice. Today they are supposed to be here, but in the meantime the house is hot and humid and unhealthy air has made my dog sick. The scheduling department told me that I was number one on the list and that the techs would be here at 830 at the latest. It's now almost 2 oclock, I just spoke to someone who told me that I needed to be patient. When I told her that patience by this point is totally impossible, she became very defensive and nasty and hung up on me. VERY PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR!!! (NOT!!!)
                I will be fixing this with another company. BBB will be hearing from me very, very soon.

Addendum to complaint...the tech finally got here and promptly told me that there was a leak in my coil and it had to be totally replaced. Just adds to my theory that nobody competent works there...it has been one week since this fiasco started and I am no better off than I was last week. Filed a complaint with customer service and now I am stuck, because the part has to be ordered and may be here by Wednesday am but maybe not. I have filed a complaint with BBB and

• We
                    west palm beach 1 Jun 02, 2013

don't blame the tech they are over worked and under paid and are force to do 10 two 20 calls a day anyone think they can do this in a 8 hour day?

Service Americaincompetent techs, unprofessional employees

• My
                      MyReply Jan 21, 2015

If you had replacement coverage for your ac, coil cleaning was included...now it's not. And the price Service America charges to do this is ridiculous.

• Da
                      Dadlani Oct 13, 2012

How many Service America personnel does it take to change a light bulb?
                      One
                      But it takes 5 visits!!!
                      Took 3 weeks and 5 visits to get our dryer working
                      Loss of their man hours - our man hours and staying home and missing work is not important - of course...

Service Americabeware

Last Tuesday, January 12 2010 I got a Service America Technician to see a problem in my Air Conditioning. He told me that the "disconnect box", a box with a regular breaker, was with problem and it was not covered by contract, so I must pay $250.00 for a new one. I went to a Home Depot and bought the same disconnect box for $27.00. I contacted Service America about the huge difference between the prices and asked if they could install the part for me and was told that I must buy from them to have the part installed. My contract covers electrical repairs and I really do not understand why they are trying to overcharge that amount from their costumers.

I tried to contact some director to talk about but have no answer until know.

I did the job for myself...

The message is: Be aware from part's price from Service America and understand your contract before to sign it!!

Service Americafailure to provide a/c service

Complaint description - written 8/25/2009

My air conditioner failed on a thursday evening. They sent a technician who failed to test it, but only added freon. On sat I was without ac. I called for service but couldn't get an apt. Until tues. On tuesday, it was discovered that the coil was leaking. The technician told me to call the presidents office to have the coil removed on weds, and have a courier pick up the coil and take it to the shop on weds, so it could be repaired and returned before the weekend. I contacted service america and arranged for the coil pickup and courier service for weds. On weds, only 1 tech came out, not two that were needed. I assisted tech in removing coil. When he called the courier, the courier said no way he was coming. I called the presidents office since I had been without ac from sat to weds, in terrible heat, and was told they would not pick it up until thurs, which probably meant I would be without air condition until monday. I pleaded with them to hire another courier to pick up the coil, but they refused to do so. I called a competitor weds evening, sansone, who installed a new air conditioner on thursday. Service america failed to provide service in a reasonable time period. If they don't have enough trucks, or equipment they should contract out for additional manpower, to move equipment. I think being without a/c for a period of 8 days is unreasonable, the temperature in the house was over 90 degrees harmful, to pets children, and exposes the house to possible mol

Complaint summary

Failure of service america to provide purchased contract service on my air conditioner.
                      Resolution sought

Service america was required to repair or replace the air conditioning unit under the contract. Since it took unreasonably long to replace the coil because of their failure to have sufficient courier service to pick up the coil, they should have replaced the outside unit when they couldn't repair the unit in a timely fashion. Their replacement dollar amount for a unit is a maximum of $3000. I believe that this is a reasonable amount for the damages I incurred, by being forced to purchase a ne

Additional information
                      Date problem first occurred:
                      7/31/2009
                      Product or service: the company offers a service contract for air conditioners.
                      Model name or number: trane 5 ton ac

• We
                          west palm beach 1 Jun 02, 2013

don't blame the tech they have 12 calls to do in 8 hours plus driving time no one can do this

• In
                          intlprofs Oct 02, 2017

@west palm beach 1 Over the years their service has deteriorated, not so much with the technicians as some are good and conscientious, but with trying to make an appointment.

As with Comcast, there is an inverse relationship between increased profits and increasingly poor service

I've waited as much as 33 minutes on the phone so I'll never use it again and probably drop them.

• In
                          intlprofs Oct 02, 2017

@west palm beach 1 True!

• Dk
                          DKFL Jul 01, 2010

Anyone interested in a class action suit against Service America please email me
                          at [email protected] I have had enough of their lies !!!

• Ve
                          ventana110 May 30, 2010

Their a/c department is the world's worse. I am currently sitting with no a/c, also in 95 degree heat. The system was bought from them 12/09 and already, is is now may 30. 2010, it is down. I was told that the a/c i bought was the best, a trane xl20i. Of course, it is a holiday weekend and this prima donna company is not taking any calls today and so now I will be without a/c till tuesday and i probably wont get an appointment till god knows when. They dont care and can do whatever they want because they have your money. They could not care less about the temperature in the house and if someone has a breathing problem. Every other a/c company has 24/7 service but not service america. This is disgraceful but telling them this goes on deaf ears.

Service Americaawful service

I had a contract for one year with service America. Each time they came out they could never fix my washer the first time always took two trips or more. In march they ordered new parts for my washer which finally came in a week later. Service man moved my washer to garage and installed new part. He finished up put the washer back in my laundry room and told me it was all fixed and working. I asked him if he was sure everything was OK and he said yes. He stated he started the washer and everything was fine.

I went back to work in home office and approx. 1/2 hr later I come out to find water running down the hallway and found water in my dining room with my brand new rug under water. I contacted them and was advised to call my homeowners insurance which I told them I was not going to do since this was not my problem but theirs. I ended up calling a drying company to dry out my stuff. Their insurance company finally paid after lots of phone calls.

Last night my husband tried running and shower in our house and found we had no water pressure. He goes into the garage and find that a valve that Service America had installed in January had blown off. Now I have more water to deal with.

Called Service America last night and told them what happened and they said they would send a service man out. Then I received a call back and said they would not come out until this morning.

Called Service American again this morning and we went over the fact that I had not renewed my contract because I was on the fence about their service but felt that they should take care of the valve they installed in Jan and they told me that they would not cover that since it was over 30 days...Now after what they did to my house in March would you not think they would take care of this as a good will and to try to regain my business...I was informed for $90.00 for 1/2 hr they would be happy to take care of the problem. For that cost I can contact my own plumber that is dependable..

• Se
                            Sergio2000 Aug 17, 2012

The same thing happen to me this company has the worst customer service I fell your pain. I will never renew my contract with them. I prefer to pay every time i need a tech.

• Da
                            daddymalu Jun 13, 2011

Service America is a joke. I have called several times this year and they were not able to fix anything. It will take several days for someone to come out, and when the do come out they need another specialist to try to fix, which usually they can't. I have had to leave work several days for several hours at time to go home and hear their excuses. For some reason electrical outlets are not covered indoor or outdoor, the replaced a part in the dishwasher that was leaking and it is still leaking, and they told me I am better of buying a new dishwasher because they can not figure it out. The dishwasher is 4 years old, hardly and antique. And finally I had to wait 3 days for a specialist to look at my Air Conditioner in the 90 degree weather of South Florida, just to find out Service America only ... I have called several times this year and they were not able to fix anything. It will take several days for someone to come out, and when the do come out they need another specialist to try to fix, which usually they can't. I have had to leave work several days for several hours at time to go home and hear their excuses. For some reason electrical outlets are not covered indoor or outdoor, the replaced a part in the dishwasher that was leaking and it is still leaking, and they told me I am better of buying a new dishwasher because they can not figure it out. The dishwasher is 4 years old, hardly and antique. And finally I had to wait 3 days for a specialist to look at my Air Conditioner in the 90 degree weather of South Florida, just to find out Service America only covers the main air conditioner which is for kitchen and living rooms and not the bedrooms. So basically my 5 month pregnant wife, 10 month old daughter and 5 year old daughter had to sleep on the floor to hear another lame excuse. The service agreement is a waste of money and most of all a waste of time

• De
                            Denise1111 Aug 26, 2010

Service America is a scam! The woman on the phone selling me the warranty said ALL parts and labor were covered with my plan, unless you needed the entire unit replaced it would not be covered. After the technician came out twice my AC was still not fixed. He then said he'd replaced the valve and that it should work and call back if it doesnt because it may be a coil leak. He said it will be costly, almost like he knew I didnt have the replacement plan. When I called Service America to ask why that part wasnt covered the woman said that coils are not MECHANICAL parts along with drainpan. I then said why did you tell me all parts are covered? She said that the fine print on the back of the contract shows what is covered and what is not. Then I said I wanted my money back and she proceeded to tell me that the cost of labor per hour and any parts would be deducted from my refund, which at $75/hour and an valve would've put me in the hole anyway!!! I said, I'm responsible for paying for a valve that didnt even fix the problem??? In which she replied yes, you've got to be kidding me!! A 3oyr experienced AC guy came out and pretty much told me all warranties are scams and the technicians that do warranties are usually inexperienced or incompetent and cannot find work therefore they work for warranty companies because it's garuanteed work. I cannot say all technicians who do warranty work are incompetent, but my technician was clueless!! GREAT I definitely learned my lesson.

• El
                            ellen rhoades Jun 02, 2010

i detest service america. i had a contract with them for 6 years, believing somehow that things would change. i cannot tell u how many times i had to wait AT LEAST 3 days before they would service my A/C unit that stopped working...living in a 100 degree house in florida is impossible...i had to move out each time from 3-6 DAYS. they always make customers wait on the phone for ridiculously long times on the pretext that 'there is an unusual high volume of callers' - what BS. then when i needed a new a/c, they gave me a "deal" with discounts due to my existing damaged a/c and history of service, which amounted to a hill of beans, since i could buy an a/c unit from elsewhere for the same price or LOWER. so i switched to broward factory service for a cheaper contract with more rapid responses. a pox on service america.

Ellen of Plantation

• Mo
                            Monsa May 07, 2010

There is NO service in Service America. Never have they been able to fix anything in one trip and usually additional parts and services are required that are not in the contract, although we have a full contract. Most definitely will NOT renew our contract. For years we were custumers, never called for anything and everything was fine. When we started to have problems with several applicance, they went MIA. That is a nice racket! First time, shame on you. But there will be no renewals to be shame on me!

Marilyn Miami Beach

• Cb
                            cbh1 Dec 08, 2009

I had a 8-1:00PM appointment. It is now 3:06 and still no service. No explaination either. It's cost me a vacation day. Totally unreliable.

• St
                            Stan_Ash Aug 14, 2009

I had a contract for one year with service America.

I am not on the fence anymore about renewing my contract...I was pushed off the fence today and will NOT RENEW.

• Jd
                            JDE6 Aug 13, 2009

Service America appears to be a scam. I waited four days before I could get someone to my house (90 degrees in my house - Tampa). The contractor diagnosed my air conditioning problem (compressor) and ordered a part. It came in three days later (still 90 degrees in my house). When they went to install it, they said that the compressor was not a problem; it was a coil. And of course the coil was not covered. It would be $1800 to repair, and it would take five days for the part to come in. I am considering a lawsuit - or at least a formal complaint to BBB. I will be fixing this with another company.

• Ka
                            karenparker Aug 05, 2009

as a property manager i have several accounts with service america and have had numerous problems with them. today i found out they cancelled my contract after i called in to request service. the plumber came out and never fixed the problem. so the manager, eric, cancelled it without even giving me a courtesy call. this guy is an idiot so i asked for his supervisor and they refused to tell me! this was after being on the phone for an hour! they are very shady. i'm cancelling all our contracts now and will start looking for a new service company if any one knows of a good one