Service Americaawful service

C

I had a contract for one year with service America. Each time they came out they could never fix my washer the first time always took two trips or more. In march they ordered new parts for my washer which finally came in a week later. Service man moved my washer to garage and installed new part. He finished up put the washer back in my laundry room and told me it was all fixed and working. I asked him if he was sure everything was OK and he said yes. He stated he started the washer and everything was fine.

I went back to work in home office and approx. 1/2 hr later I come out to find water running down the hallway and found water in my dining room with my brand new rug under water. I contacted them and was advised to call my homeowners insurance which I told them I was not going to do since this was not my problem but theirs. I ended up calling a drying company to dry out my stuff. Their insurance company finally paid after lots of phone calls.

Last night my husband tried running and shower in our house and found we had no water pressure. He goes into the garage and find that a valve that Service America had installed in January had blown off. Now I have more water to deal with.

Called Service America last night and told them what happened and they said they would send a service man out. Then I received a call back and said they would not come out until this morning.

Called Service American again this morning and we went over the fact that I had not renewed my contract because I was on the fence about their service but felt that they should take care of the valve they installed in Jan and they told me that they would not cover that since it was over 30 days...Now after what they did to my house in March would you not think they would take care of this as a good will and to try to regain my business...I was informed for $90.00 for 1/2 hr they would be happy to take care of the problem. For that cost I can contact my own plumber that is dependable..

• Ka
    karenparker Aug 05, 2009

as a property manager i have several accounts with service america and have had numerous problems with them. today i found out they cancelled my contract after i called in to request service. the plumber came out and never fixed the problem. so the manager, eric, cancelled it without even giving me a courtesy call. this guy is an idiot so i asked for his supervisor and they refused to tell me! this was after being on the phone for an hour! they are very shady. i'm cancelling all our contracts now and will start looking for a new service company if any one knows of a good one

• Jd
    JDE6 Aug 13, 2009

Service America appears to be a scam. I waited four days before I could get someone to my house (90 degrees in my house - Tampa). The contractor diagnosed my air conditioning problem (compressor) and ordered a part. It came in three days later (still 90 degrees in my house). When they went to install it, they said that the compressor was not a problem; it was a coil. And of course the coil was not covered. It would be $1800 to repair, and it would take five days for the part to come in. I am considering a lawsuit - or at least a formal complaint to BBB. I will be fixing this with another company.

• St
    Stan_Ash Aug 14, 2009

I had a contract for one year with service America.

I am not on the fence anymore about renewing my contract...I was pushed off the fence today and will NOT RENEW.

• Cb
    cbh1 Dec 08, 2009

I had a 8-1:00PM appointment. It is now 3:06 and still no service. No explaination either. It's cost me a vacation day. Totally unreliable.

• Mo
    Monsa May 07, 2010

There is NO service in Service America. Never have they been able to fix anything in one trip and usually additional parts and services are required that are not in the contract, although we have a full contract. Most definitely will NOT renew our contract. For years we were custumers, never called for anything and everything was fine. When we started to have problems with several applicance, they went MIA. That is a nice racket! First time, shame on you. But there will be no renewals to be shame on me!

Marilyn Miami Beach

• El
    ellen rhoades Jun 02, 2010

i detest service america. i had a contract with them for 6 years, believing somehow that things would change. i cannot tell u how many times i had to wait AT LEAST 3 days before they would service my A/C unit that stopped working...living in a 100 degree house in florida is impossible...i had to move out each time from 3-6 DAYS. they always make customers wait on the phone for ridiculously long times on the pretext that 'there is an unusual high volume of callers' - what BS. then when i needed a new a/c, they gave me a "deal" with discounts due to my existing damaged a/c and history of service, which amounted to a hill of beans, since i could buy an a/c unit from elsewhere for the same price or LOWER. so i switched to broward factory service for a cheaper contract with more rapid responses. a pox on service america.

Ellen of Plantation

• De
    Denise1111 Aug 26, 2010

Service America is a scam! The woman on the phone selling me the warranty said ALL parts and labor were covered with my plan, unless you needed the entire unit replaced it would not be covered. After the technician came out twice my AC was still not fixed. He then said he'd replaced the valve and that it should work and call back if it doesnt because it may be a coil leak. He said it will be costly, almost like he knew I didnt have the replacement plan. When I called Service America to ask why that part wasnt covered the woman said that coils are not MECHANICAL parts along with drainpan. I then said why did you tell me all parts are covered? She said that the fine print on the back of the contract shows what is covered and what is not. Then I said I wanted my money back and she proceeded to tell me that the cost of labor per hour and any parts would be deducted from my refund, which at $75/hour and an valve would've put me in the hole anyway!!! I said, I'm responsible for paying for a valve that didnt even fix the problem??? In which she replied yes, you've got to be kidding me!! A 3oyr experienced AC guy came out and pretty much told me all warranties are scams and the technicians that do warranties are usually inexperienced or incompetent and cannot find work therefore they work for warranty companies because it's garuanteed work. I cannot say all technicians who do warranty work are incompetent, but my technician was clueless!! GREAT I definitely learned my lesson.

• Da
    daddymalu Jun 13, 2011

Service America is a joke. I have called several times this year and they were not able to fix anything. It will take several days for someone to come out, and when the do come out they need another specialist to try to fix, which usually they can't. I have had to leave work several days for several hours at time to go home and hear their excuses. For some reason electrical outlets are not covered indoor or outdoor, the replaced a part in the dishwasher that was leaking and it is still leaking, and they told me I am better of buying a new dishwasher because they can not figure it out. The dishwasher is 4 years old, hardly and antique. And finally I had to wait 3 days for a specialist to look at my Air Conditioner in the 90 degree weather of South Florida, just to find out Service America only ... I have called several times this year and they were not able to fix anything. It will take several days for someone to come out, and when the do come out they need another specialist to try to fix, which usually they can't. I have had to leave work several days for several hours at time to go home and hear their excuses. For some reason electrical outlets are not covered indoor or outdoor, the replaced a part in the dishwasher that was leaking and it is still leaking, and they told me I am better of buying a new dishwasher because they can not figure it out. The dishwasher is 4 years old, hardly and antique. And finally I had to wait 3 days for a specialist to look at my Air Conditioner in the 90 degree weather of South Florida, just to find out Service America only covers the main air conditioner which is for kitchen and living rooms and not the bedrooms. So basically my 5 month pregnant wife, 10 month old daughter and 5 year old daughter had to sleep on the floor to hear another lame excuse. The service agreement is a waste of money and most of all a waste of time

• Se
    Sergio2000 Aug 17, 2012

The same thing happen to me this company has the worst customer service I fell your pain. I will never renew my contract with them. I prefer to pay every time i need a tech.