Serenity Travel Club- Newark, DEPoor Customer Service

M

Purchased with this travel club on Monday, Sept 14. Tried to make a hotel reservation on Sept 15 and one week later, still no confirmation. I have been calling and speaking to the travel agent repeatedly and was assured it was taken care of on Friday and I would get an email confirmation. It still hasn't been done and I have left voicemails and sent emails to the addresses provided in my contract literature. Be careful when considering this company. I am still making calls and will drive to the office for a resolution if I don't get any today.

• Pa
    paman1223 Sep 23, 2009

Lady are you frieken crazy. This company has been nothing but nice to me. If im right Penny is the travel agent there, and she got me done within the hour that i spoke with her. Maybe its just you mad that you spent money on something that you thought was right, and found out that you were in finacial trouble and is finding someone to blame it on. And since Penny is the only travel agent in that office and you have so many people coming through there, that is a lot for her to handle, so why dont you just chill out and stop lieing saying youve left voicemails, cuz after ive left a voicemail shell call me right back. So tighten the screws in your loose head, and get a grip on reality.

NoTravelWorriesHere Sep 23, 2009

Destination Vacations International Reviews Top Five Travel Complaints

DVI Understands There Are No Shortage of Complaints when it Comes to Travel Concerns!
    Complaints, Complaints, Complaints...Members Only Travel Club, Destination Vacations International tabulates the top five travel complaints.

1. The number one complaint among all air travelers is the unacceptable size of airline seats. Scientists and health officials report the increasing girth of US citizens yet most airlines continue to offer the same unacceptable seat. Travelers need not be obese to take issue with the size of an airline seat, even healthy weight individuals express dissatisfaction. “I’m petite, yet I can’t get comfortable in the space US airline carriers assign. I feel like I have to keep my arms tight against my body.”

2. Lost luggage landed in the second spot among Destination Vacations International members’ complaints. A vacation can be totally ruined by lost or delayed luggage. One traveler reported: “We were so excited to start our ski trip. We never dreamed of a ‘sick-out’ among baggage handlers would cause our luggage to be left behind in Philadelphia. The luggage was delayed for 2 days. I think the airline offered $100 per traveler, not nearly enough to get boots, hats, gloves and rent ski equipment. We lost two days of our vacation.”

3. Complaints about airport delays and cancelled flights ranked third. Complaints on this issue rated highly among Destination Vacations International members because they often feel helpless when faced with delayed and/or cancelled flights. In some cases travelers are at the mercy of Mother Nature as storms, ice or fog delay the start of their vacation plans. Frustration levels run high when air carriers cancel flights forcing hundreds to the understaffed customer service desk to make other plans.
    4. Destination Vacations International members reported unanticipated seat assignment changes as their fourth biggest travel complaint. As airlines make equipment changes on routes, previously assigned seats can be automatically reassigned when a new class of aircraft is used. This affects vacationers traveling with small children the most as they are often no longer sitting together. Unfortunately, busy stewards/stewardesses distance themselves from the very problem they created. One angry customer explains: “I presented my confirmation which clearly showed my family seat assignments next to one another. The stewardess said there was nothing she could do but that I should try to trade seats with other passengers. I paid them for a product that included seats together. They don’t provide the product they sold me and I have to be the one to beg passengers to trade? It’s ridiculous and bordering on fraudulent.”

5. Customers really dislike being put in “prison on the tarmac”, which earned final spot on the DVI list of common travel complaints. The proposal of a traveler’s bill of rights was a hot topic after public outrage regarding numerous incidents of flyers being forced to remain on the tarmac in their seatbelts with no access to restrooms, water or food. Most incidents are not as egregious as this but even an extra hour taxing or waiting in line on the tarmac can be stressful. The department of transportation and the avation consumer protection division has developed a 58 page document entitled “Development of Contingency Plans for Lengthy Airline On-Board Ground Delays”. This document spells out for the airline industry the basic needs of passengers including food, hydration, clean environment, access to lavatory facilities, information and the ability to communicate.

• Mj
    MJRoss Sep 24, 2009

I have received my travel confirmation and spoken with Penny and a supervisor. I feel confident that my concerns were heard and I am looking forward to an enjoyable travel relationship with this company.

• Th
    thresher97 Feb 07, 2010

This is bull. They just put this there because they know most of the companies that sold their products are being sued by the attorney general in new jersey and the delaware company called serenity travel is being heavily investigated by the ag there. THey also have had the bbb accredation pulled and are now rated a C. Not that the rating really means much. they also do this so when people search for the name they wont see all the horror storeis of people who feel they have thousands of dollars ripped off from them. The website mydvi.com links to free websites anyone can use.

Beware serenity travel, beware dvi, there is much more to this than meets the eye.

I talked to penny as well and mj ross above said. I am sure there are people who do not realize they have been had in my opinion until later. wait till she finds out the prices she is paying for can be gotten for free.

• Be
    bears 50 Feb 17, 2010

A for Penny, I was royally screwed by her on an attempted travel arrangement. 3 weeks after first contacting her noting was done. After speaking with another agent, who was certainly better, I was informed I would receive a free condo week for my efforts. Good luck with that. Management denies the claim and the agent is no longer available. Trying to make contact with anyone can take umteen phone calls.

Good luck trying to resolve an issue. I never ran into to some many agents in one office who tell more "stories" as to why this one or that one is not available but "they will call you back" and never do.

I will be in contact with the DA in New Castle.

• Co
    cormorant Feb 28, 2010

This company is a scam run by crooks, pure and simple. They have operated in NJ for several years under the names Five Points Travel, Bentley Travel, and so on. They are under investigation by the attorneys general of both NJ and DE.

The postings trying to make them look good are phony, placed by henchmen of the outfit.

Ask for your money back, and (if necessary) go to your county offices and file suit. Don't give up.

• Th
    thresher97 Mar 14, 2010

they are being investigated in delaware and new jersey under various names for fraud and have moved some operations to california under the name del rey travel. If you value your money dont go near these clowns

• dowhtsright Apr 07, 2010

This company was opened by the business partner of Daryl T. Turner, Eric Shuman. Turner is the owner of new jerseys biggest travel scam around. If you look up DREAMWORKS VACATION CLUB, you will find all the info you need. Serenity Travel sold Dream Vacations memberships at the same time as Mr. Turner and his various offices in NJ. Mr. Shuman has sinced changed the company name to Destination Vacations or DVI for short to get away from bad press. ALSO, you should know that if anyone did have an initial travel experience with DVI that was satisfactory in price, its because they take a portion of your initial fee and apply it to your first trip. Once you travel, you cant cancel! No matter that youre next trip could be more than internet prices!!! Turner and Shuman are making millions defrauding everyday hardworking people and they couldnt care less. It has got to stop! The address to DVI is 69 Kirkwood Rd. Gibbsboro NJ 08026. You will find maybe 5 employees there claiming to be a call center among many in the nation. LIES.
    See for yourself!

• St
    stoplyingppl Apr 13, 2010

dowhtsright, I AGREE WITH YOU!! See, there are good people out there trying to get the message out there. Thank you! There are several other posts on here and other threads of people claiming that serenity travel is just great and awesome. I think most of it is an attempt to keep clients unaware... btw the BBB is not reputable. They can open a bbb claiming to be in business for 13 years when they just opened last year! And they can also list owners that don't exist. The reason they rely on the bbb is because when an office first opens they get one and it has a clean slate. duh! They use it to scam you!

• Wa
    watchwhatyousay Apr 18, 2010

Those who posted the information about Samantha have stooped lowere than she. I hope you know you can get into some serious trouble by posting her peronsal information like you did. You better hope she doesn't take legal steps against you!

• dowhtsright Jun 02, 2010

Samantha Mansfield here! I worked for this company for over 2 years and I am true lover of truth, non-violence, and peace. I have NEVER had a problem with any substances nor have I ever abused my child in any way. To say such a thing about an ex-employee just highlights for all people reading this company's unprofessional and downright vicious demeanor in handling matters. I suppose this is the price I have to pay to try and educate people about the questionable legality of ALL of their business practices. I should have expected such horrible and untrue things from you guys. I pray for your souls and that you may be forgiven. I will continue to do so. I would like to just say again, none of the above statements about me are true. I am contacting my lawyers and complaints board about the removal of that comment and to find out who the actual aggressor was. I will be filing to the full extent of the law. I hope that all of you reading this will understand the measures to which these folks will go to protect their own livelihoods. It is a shame. I have learned the hard way a lot of things about people’s motivations and just how much they will exploit you to their own benefit.

• Fl
    flyerman Sep 30, 2010

I just got a voucher for two free domestic air tickets. All we have to do is go to a one hour seminar at Serenity Travel and lisen to their sales pitch. Glad I pull up this site. flyerman

• Co
    collkeen Jan 19, 2011

This company is the worst. I went to the presentation and received the two worthless roundtrip airline tickets, but more importantly a whole free week stay in Okinawa, Japan. Why Japan, our son is a marine and stationed there, and we were planning on visiting him for Christmas. Serenity travel never honored the vouchers, DK is such a scam artist, the only good thing that happened I got my money back. I was lied to, and almost couldn't book a hotel, because of DK's lies, and then the owner not helping at all. My advice, is run as fast as you can from this pack of theives. UNBELIEVABLE, and they did lose their better business rating. As I said, RUN, it is a SCAM!!!