Sendmemobile.comunauthorized mobile charge

Mobile scam!! Unauthorized charges to your cell phone bill. I took a test on facebook and to get your answer textd to you, you of course you had to supply your cell#. I am by nature a skeptic and the only reason I moved forward was that I was on FB. So peeved! I checked my verizon bill and found $30.00 extra charge. The Verizon tech showed me how to cancel service of Sendmemobile, but are not responsible for refunds. I have a feeling that disputing these charges with Sendmemobile.com will be futile, but I'll try.

• Tb
    tbeachhead Sep 21, 2009

They scammed me for two subscriptions: sendmemobile, and solow...twenty buck a month. And when I told them that no adult in my house subscribed, they agreed to send me the money back. I'm trying to lodge a complaint with facebook...and warn as many as I can.

• Ju
    Julie Kay Oct 01, 2009

I have been scammed by sendmemobile.com and solow.com at $20 per month for 5 months on my Verizon account.
    It seems they both started this craziness in May 2009.
    I was out of the country for 3 months and came home to overdue Verizon bills, late charges and the addtional text message chargers for 2 companies I have never done business with.

In fact the 23687 for solow
    and the 77899 for sendmemobile are nothing I have ever punched into my phone.
    They sent me the text message and i am charged.
    Verizon should take responsibility as a fraud case and refund these unauthorized.charges
    I will try to get a refund from both companies and it not successful will file a complaint with the attorney generals office

• My
    mysonwassscammed Oct 15, 2009

call [protected] and they will refund your money as long as you (or the one that authorized the text message) are below 18.

• Sc
    scammedbysolow Oct 23, 2009

They refunded me the full amount as long as the person was under 18...[protected]

• St
    Steve Bollinger Dec 17, 2009

These guys are a total scam. I was billed for a year 9.99/month until I discovered it!! I only got one month credited. I was on AT&T. I will not do business with AT&T again. AT&T was sued for this unfortunatedly from 2004 to May 2008 is the only dates you can claim in this lawsuit. My illegal charges began Oct 2008 so I cannot apply. Also unfortunately they had to pay only triple what they illegally billed. This is not enough to hurt them into stopping this scam practice. Make them pay 100 times the illegal charges will make them stop.

Steve Bollinger

• Su
    sunshine1 Jan 14, 2010

They got me too. Bad bad company

• Ni
    nisey27 Mar 01, 2010

have consistently taken money from my mobile account without my authority. i have stop subscribtion charges various times. i don't know how they came across my number but i will like something to be done. www.solow.com is the website they are using which is the text that came up as a message on my phone. Send me mobile is the web site that thay gave me when i contacted them over the phone at the toll free number [protected].

• Be
    bea098 Mar 22, 2010

Scammers!! I just called their 877 number and they "cancelled my subscription" and will be refunding me. I hope they follow through...so horrible to see that on my TMobile bill!

• Co
    complsendmemobile Mar 23, 2010

lets send these ### back to africa to steal coconuts from monkey!

• Ki
    KinkaLee Apr 03, 2010

I am really disappointed in my verizon cell phone. Reason why is Verizon keeps trying to scam this # subscribing me to trivia, music, ETC, things I did'nt even subscribe to. I even called verizon and told them. I dont want trivia, music, like this wasting my minutes. It stopped for a couple of days. And then it started again renewing me more trivia. I did not agree to any renewing. I don't know why Verizon try's to get away with taking your minutes. I have a prepaid Phone and I try to use my minutes wisely. I barely have enough to get by and their pulling scams billing me $9.99 a month. Why and how can they get away with this?

• St
    Stephanie Apr 03, 2010

I posted the original compplaint. To cancel you must follow the instructions below. I did and it worked. I no longer saw the $ 9.99 monthly charge. I don't know why they get away with this B.S. I guess partly because people are not checking their phone bills and they are probably "Legally" riding a fine line until a class action law suite takes place. http://classactionconnect.com/cell_phone_issues/2008/04/18/sendme-inc-sendme-mobile-77899/

How To Cancel SendMe, Inc. | SendMe Mobile
    Mobile Content Subscriptions and Services :

According to its website, “To cancel one of your subscriptions just text “STOP” (without the quotation marks) to 77899 and we’ll stop your subscription if you have only one or ask you which you want to stop if you have multiple subscriptions. To cancel all subscription you have with SendMe Mobile, just text “STOP ALL” (without the quotation marks) to 77899 at any time. We’ll send a reply message with a confirmation of your cancellation(s).”

• Si
    sirt8669 Apr 10, 2010

Luckily I found this site and found out how to stop this ###. I never signed up for it and I never answered any questions but I have a feeling someone put my # into one of the sites or some crap cause it was on my bill and I check my bill thoroughly every month because T-Mobile loves to screw it up. I will have to call T-Mobile in the morning to complain about that $9.99 charge from these idiots.

• Le
    Lesson Learned AIC May 01, 2010

Man what a load of BS! I think someone put my cell phone number into a website. I called sendmemobile and they said that once they have my number that they sent a text with an authorization code to my phone, then that code is used to sign into the website, but I told the person on the phone that that sounded great but I don't think their system is working properly because I don't recall signing up for any website and I certainly did not receive and then put any code into their website.

It is messed up because they are saying I signed up for ringtone downloads, but I NEVER DOWNLOADED ANY RINGTONES!! Luckily this person can see that I never downloaded anything so they are going to send me a refund, so I can't complain about them completely, unless I don't see that refund check. I will try to be back on this site to update the status of my refund, but if you don't hear from me than no news is good news.

T-Mobile sucks! They told me that they will take 2-3 billing cycles to refund me and that they can only refund me for the charges from the past 30 days. What a load of BS! They could not even tell me who or how or why this occurred but obviously they are making money off of it too because this was on my account for several months (more than 3) before I noticed.

- Lesson Learned -

• Ap
    APR1LMAR1E May 23, 2010

I WORK FOR VZW CUSTOMER CARE AND I GET APPROX 4 CALLS PER DAY REG. PREM SMS. I HAVE 600 CO WORKERS, IMAGINE OF EVERYONE GETS 4+ PER DAY COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS ISSUE! I FEEL HORRIBLE FOR YOU GUYS. UNFORTUNATELY, IT IS LEGAL BECAUSE U ENTERED YOUR # SOMEWHERE (I.E. FACEBOOK) AND DID NOT READ THE FINE PRINT. ):
    I THINK VZW IS IN THE MIDDLE OF FILING SUITE AGAINST THESE COMPANIES BECAUSE WE ARE THE ONES GETTING THE BAD NAME FOR THEIR 'TRICKY' TACTICS. WE (NOW) ARE PROACTIVELY OFFERING THE PREMIUM SMS BLOCK FOR CUSTOMERS. ALSO, TEXT THE 5-6 DIGIT CODE BACK "STOP/UNSUBSCRIBE", THEY WILL TEXT YOU 1 MORE TIME TO CONFIRM YOU ARE OFF THEIR LIST-KEEP THAT FOR YOUR RECORDS!
    AND PLEASE DO NOT BE UPSET W/THE CELL PHONE COMPANIES, DO YOU REALLY THINK $9.99 IS WORTH MAKING YOU GUYS UPSET???? NOT TO US IT ISN'T!

• Ap
    APR1LMAR1E May 23, 2010

P.S..THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF DIFFERENT COMPANIES THAT OFFER PREMIUM TEXT MESSAGING. THEY HAVE ALERTS FOR WEATHER, TRAFFIC, HORROSCOPES, SPORTS SCORES, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS, MUSIC, TRIVIA, ETC... WE HONESTLY DO NOT HAVE A WAY TO GET THIER CONTACT INFORMATION!!! SOME OF THEM OFFER A WEB ADDRESS, BUT THATS ALL WE GET AND YOU CAN SEE THE SAME INFORMATION BY LOGGING INTO YOUR MYVERIZON AT WWW.VERIZONWIRELESS.COM. THE ONLY WAY WE WILL LEARN MORE IS IF WE LOG INTO THE WEBSITES ON OUR PERSONAL TIME AND LEARN MORE~~ JUST LIKE YOU CAN.
    HOPE THIS HELPS.

• To
    Tony from Baltimore May 24, 2010

I too got a prem charge from this company and also fylcell after I filled in my cell number on http://www.searchworklistings.net/jobs/sp_zip.jsp . I called the [protected] to cancel the service I didn't ask for plus they promised to may me a refund in 4 weeks. They both denied being associated with searchworklistings.net. flycell also promised to mail me a refund in 4 to 6 weeks.

• Er
    erl22 Jun 21, 2010

sendmemobile.com scammed my daughter causing verizon to bill me $22
    this type of charge should be illegal

• Le
    Lesson Learned AIC Aug 22, 2010

SendMeMobile did send me a refund check a few months back. I don't think I ever got any refund from T Mobile though, and I imagine they get calls about this all the time. Now that I think about it there was some IQ quiz I started to do online many months ago. It asked for my cell # to send me "free ringtones" but that sounded shady so I never entered it and I honestly have no idea how they got my number and started texting me.

• Th
    Thomas F. Mitchell, Jr Sep 06, 2010

These people repeatedly removed money from my mobile phone account without authorization. And have failed to return said money. This amounts to larceny, and the people resoponsible should be prosecuted accordingly.

• Ju
    Justice Now 1 Apr 02, 2011

I'm sorry, this can't possibly be legal. Even if it is, it's clearly, obviously, blatantly dishonest, inappropriate and fraudulent for any company wishing to have any respect and rapport with their clients. I wonder how many real clients this company really has. Probably none.

They sent me a refund check for $19, 98 that bounced and my bank charged me $10 for the returned check. There isn't one bit of honest is in this business. I called Sendme Mobile to complain about the bounced check and they asked for my bank information to verify. If they managed to charge me $9.99 EVERY MONTH for months, can you imagine what they'd do with my bank information???

• Ny
    Nyx001 Apr 11, 2011

They charged me almost $15 but would only send me back $5 because I'm on pay as you go. Two months later the cheque has bounced!

• Is
    IsabelJ Apr 30, 2011

These thieves are stealing money from my account!!! Every month they charge me $9.99 and this month the charge came twice. I did not even know they were charging me any $$$ through my t-mobile account. I need to know who is the CEO of this Bull ### so called company!!! So I can give him or her a piece of my mind... I don't know how, but I will find out and I will try bug them every single day if necessary so they can give me MY MONEY back. If any one knows where to call to get the money back, please post it.

marlyn magat May 19, 2011

hi im marlyn magat im complainping about my bills cause its too much.they send me a message from my cellphone with charge of 5$ every time they sending
    me a message.do i refund cause they charge me a 5O$ this month.i dont know the name who send me a message cause my cell is lost.thank you hope you can help me.

• Tm
    t mobile customer Jul 05, 2012

I calleds and canceled but i guess i will have to go to the t mobile store to see if they can help they are a bunch if thives and i if anyone wants to sue their ### count me in

• Su
    SUMMERBOY Jan 31, 2013

+[protected]----SEND ME MOBILE ALERTS

• Ct
    cte Feb 17, 2013

My 63 year old mother had "somehow" signed up for this service for a year and been deleting the txts she received as spam, which is what you are supposed to do to any spam message. she thought the charges on the bill were for random txt msgs since she doesn't have txt enabled on her phone. send me mobile only would offer to refund $9.99 (out of $120) even though i asked nicely and explained the circumstances and she had never used any of the ringtones or whatever "service" they provide. i outright refused. there's no way she would knowingly subscribe to such a service and sendmemobile deserves to be shut down.

• Ro
    Rob Stevens Feb 22, 2015

Stop complaining and take action! If enough consumers report this to the California Attorney Generals office they may go after these fraudsters for the millions they stole from consumers! Sendme has been shut down by VZ by now but the damage is done and those guys are living large on stolen money. Complain to the govt. http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company