Having problems with SellYourLaptops?

Alpha House, 4 Greek Street
Stockport, England, Greater Manchester
United Kingdom - SK38AB

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SellYourLaptops.

Complaints & Reviews

SellYourLaptopsBunch of thieves

Do not send SellYourLaptops your laptop! These guys will never pay you!
I sent my old laptop to www.sellyourlaptops.co.uk back in September, they said I'll get my money within approximately two weeks. Two weeks passed and there was no money so I contacted them and asked what was going on and their rep assured my I'll get my money any time soon. Then I sent them another message and received no reply back. In total I sent them over 10 messages and they ignored them all. They still owe me!! And they have my laptop!

www.sellyourlaptops.co.uk — Sent my laptop but haven't received my payment

I used www.sellyourlaptops.co.uk to sell an old Sony Vaio laptop. They quoted me the best price for my old...

SellYourLaptopsAvoid using this website!

I sent them my laptop which was in a great condition and was almost brand new. They promised a great price for it, but it was just an empty promise and nothing more. I never received the payment and can't get any information from them. Like many others I was scammed! They still have my laptop and I can't even get it back since they are ignoring me! Please stay far away from this place!

www. Sellyourlaptops. Co. UkFraud

I used this company a year ago to sell an old laptop of mine and everything went through perfectly. I tried again this year and posted out a laptop. I received the email that stated received and payment made. However, I have not received any payment for the laptop. I have tried contacting them 3 times and they have not responded and am now in the process of contacting a solicitor to get things sorted. I only hope that once I have finished with this company, they cease trading and never rip anyone off again becuase it seems like I am not the only one

Sellyourlaptops. Co. UkLaptop Not Returned

I sent my laptop off and received a reply stating that they would not fulfill my original quote because the Windows serial key on the underside of my laptop was slightly rubbed off. I decided to get my laptop returned and provided them with my bank details so I could pay the postage fee. About 10 months later and I still haven't received anything back from the company. I have tried repeatedly emailing the company a ridiculous amount of times and have never had a reply. I cannot ring them as they do not provide a contact number on their website.

Stay away from this company, complete scam.

www. Sellyourlaptops. Co. UkLaptop Not Returned

I sent my laptop in and got a reply stating that they would only pay a certain amount of the quoted price due to the fact the Windows Serial Key on the underside of the laptop was rubbed off. I decided to have it returned and gave them my bank details so they could charge me the postage fee and return it, however, I still haven't received my laptop back.

I've been waiting nearly 10 months now and have sent a ridiculous amount of emails but have had no reply. They do not provide a phone contact number on their website so I cannot ring them.

Do not use this website, massive scam.

Sellyourlaptops. Co. UkStill waiting for my payment!

I think I got confused with the excellent reviews online for a website with a very similar name, sell-your-laptops. While the initial part of the process was very fast, I've not been waiting for over a month for my payment. I am so unhappy at the level of service this company has provided, but I have no way of contacting them directly- all they offer is an online form.

• La
                laptopsadness Aug 02, 2013

I have sent my samsung laptop to sellyourlaptops.co.uk and initially received an email saying it had been cleared and sent to accounts to instruct payment. I then called them 5 days later to be told it is with security check. This is clearly a scm and it seems I have lost a laptop woth #100's. Any advice?????

• Ww
                www.sellyourlaptops.co.uk Jan 21, 2014

Use the contact us form and quote your reference number so we can check this has been sorted.

• Mi
                mizakd Mar 25, 2014

I have used that contact form numerous times over the last week and no luck so you guys are thieves and liars

• Ww
                www.sellyourlaptops.co.uk Mar 26, 2014

i can not find anything under the user name you are using can you send me a reference number?

• Ho
                HotSusan Aug 13, 2014

I have sent them my laptop, got emails saying its been received, checked, accepted and put through for payment. That is it. NO PAYMENT!!! Emailed them, just to be ignored. Talking to Trading Standards and Action Fraud to get this scam resolved.

• Ar
                Arianaaa Aug 20, 2014

Same thing has happened here-

We have e-mailed them multiple times, and he has had our laptop for 2-3 MONTHS now.
                Ignoring our e-mails. This is OUTRAGEOUS.

After reading all of this, I too have filed complaints with BBC Watchdog. I have not seen any money at all since I sent my laptop in. I just cannot believe this.

• Ar
                Arianaaa Aug 25, 2014

I still haven't received my payment either!!! WHERE IS IT?!

Sellyourlaptops. Co. UkStay away from these guys

STAY THE FUK AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!!! My first quote was £150 then after a review of my laptop it went down to £139, then they sent me an email saying payment had been made and that i had given 10% of my money to charity lol? Still waiting for this cheque to come flying into my life...but the only cheque i see from sellyourlaptops is in my dreams. Going to travel to stockport to get my money, cant see anything else to do.

Sellyourlaptops. Co. UkThe same as everyone else below, seems to be a complete scam

The same as everyone else below, seems to be a complete scam. Sent the laptop over a month ago, they then asked me for my password? which i thought was dodgy, if they were recycling it or whatever, they wouldnt need the password. So i tell them i didnt remember the password and asked for an update on the status . i.e when they would send the cheque. Have now sent more than 10 emails all of which have been ignored, STAY AWAY. Don't know what to do now or how to report the website so that other innocent people aren't ripped off in the same way!!

• Se
                    sellyourlaptops.co.uk Oct 24, 2012

The request for passwords is required so we can do an accurate inspection of your machine without wiping it just incase you want your machine back. Only when you accept our quote does the machine go into datewipe. As always, delays happen when you do not provide all the details to enable us to access your laptop.

Sellyourlaptops.co.uk — Stay away from this company

They said the laptop I sent didn't meet the specification I gave them even though it did and that it wa...

Sellyourlaptops. Co. UkScammed me for £12

I used this site and sent my perfectly fine laptop after looking online for the best quote...only to be told that i "didn't pass the verification process" and that it will cost ME £12 pound to get the laptop sent back!!! or the "donate to charity" another online scan wish i read this site earlier!!!

• Cr
                      Craig Mansley Jul 13, 2012

We offer multiple ways for users to make sure they enter the correct specifications into the quote system so they get an accurate quote including links to show where we find the data, multiple choice options and a live chat facility during engineer working time so they can ask the people who will be checking their machine when it arrives, any information that may be required.

We understand that people's perception of their machine as a seller does not always match that of a purchaser. With this in mind we would advise our customers to think objectively and realistically about their machine. If it is discolored on the palm rest there is no chance it could be classed as excellent condition regardless if there is not a single scratch on the machine.

We only use our online quote system to re-quote the laptops and always put a description for the reason for the change. We then send this notification to the customer for them to decide if they wish to carry on with the quote or have their machine sent back to them at cost price to our selves of £11.95. This covers the box, packaging and 1st class recorded next day delivery of their machine back.

I find it hard to find any further ways we can help our customers.

sellyourlaptops admin

Sellyourlaptops. Co. UkI sent my laptop in January... and still waiting for the money

I sent my laptop in January... and still waiting for the money :( I sent dozen of email and they are simply not answering... How do you call something like that? I call it disgusting.

• Cr
                        Craig Mansley Jul 13, 2012

I find it hard to find any further ways we can help our customers.

sellyourlaptops admin
                        www.sellyourlaptops.co.uk

• Rb
                        rb1990 Apr 27, 2014

Hi, so SYL, where's my money? Laptop was received, nothing changed regarding original quote. Laptop was processed and apparently payment was to be sent. Well, its a month later and now and no payment was ever made. This company just ignores all emails. I absolutely will not stop until either this company is bought to justice or I get my money back! All relevant crime agencies notified and BBC watchdog to look into this. Definitely not giving up on this one! Craig Mansley is the director.

RB