Sellers LoungeOnline scam

I responded to an email 'splash page' ad for a free 'make money on ebay' CD. Customer is billed $ 4.95 s/h chg. Not only did I never receive the CD, I found that I was billed 449.95 on my credit card. I am employed in a marketing capacity for 20 yrs, so I tend to look for disclaimers. There were no disclaimers or asterisks (*) in the ad leading the customer to look for additional information as required by the. Sellers Lounge appears to be an affiliate seller for EBay.

I emailed EBay directly regarding the matter, asking for a refund & did not receive a response. I then contacted my credit card company's fraud division & their customer service called Sellers Lounge (conferencing me in on the call). We got a 'customer service rep' named 'Erica' on the line. The credit card rep very nicely identified himself, as a fraud investigator for his company (a MAJOR cc company!) & advised Erica why they were contacting her & that I was also on the line. The rep alerted her that he would be handing the conversation over to me & that he would remain on the line as mediator.

I explained the issue very calmly & advised her that I never received the CD & asked for a refund. I was shocked at what happened next, She basically lambasted me!! She started screaming at me & said that I did not read the ad correctly & that I was not going to get a refund period!. She then said that I received an 'auto responder ' email outlying the offer & giving a login ID to EBays seller lounge area. She also stated that they don't actually 'ship' the Cd, that the info was on the website. I advised her that no such email was received. I also advised her that if I pay a S/H charge for something, that I expect it to come via US mail. I also explained my employment history in marketing & that I am fully aware of customer full disclosure & advertising laws & that nowhere in the ad did it clearly disclose membership in any club or a $49.95 charge or a website. At this point she made it very clear that she would not issue a refund & that she was hanging up.

This is where the fun begins. The fraud rep at that point advised Erica that he had all the necessary info & asked her to drop off of the call. Which we thought she did. I at that point commended him for his patience during this call & after reviewing the call we had with Erica, I made a simple statement how bad customer service is getting these days, no personal reference to Erica made. The next thing we knew, here comes Erica back on the line again!!! She never hung up!!! She came back on the call SCREAMING!!. This girl was unbelievable!! The rep again asked her to drop off the line as she was supposed to do. She refused! I then asked to speak with her supervisor, she came back asking for the fraud reps supervisor! I at that point snapped & told her that she was the worse customer service rep i had ever spoken with & if anyone from my company EVER acted like that, we would be bodily separated from the phone & pushed to the doorm no questions asked. Having had enough at that point, I advised her to put her supervisor on the phone or hang up. Which she did.

Sorry for the rant, but I felt everyone needed to hear this just so you are prepared in case you decide to call sellers Lounge. In closing, I have read EBays T&c's for it's sellers, which advised them that they must abide by all FTC advertising laws.

Section 5 of the FTC law states basically that all advertisers must 'clearly' disclose all terms of the offer in the actual ad & must not hide any info. There must be 'something' in the actual ad to 'lead' the customer to seek out additional information and it must be place in a spot where it is easily seen.

This ad does not do that. Also, I don't believe that Erica is a customer service rep. She appears to be an affiliate, working for herself. Yep, I called back several times to try to get a different rep so I could ask for a supervisor to report her, but only she answered the phone.

Oh, and yes, she sounded very friendly & nice when she answered. SIMPLY AMAZING!

• Ri
    Richard Edgar Oct 16, 2009

I received a charge on my Sears Master Card from The Sellers Lounge in Nevada for $28.73. I never ordered anything and looking on the internet others have had the same problem

• Wi
    Will -Buffalo Oct 02, 2009

My problem began by ordering a (One Time) CD online and paying only S&H. About 2 months loater I received A second CD, and was billed $67.83, Since I liked it I kept it. About 3 months later I started getting duplicated CD's and billed to a closed account, but they still paid it and sent me a bill for $67.83 + $30.00 overdraft fee

• Bi
    bill y. Aug 21, 2009

i have reason to believe that the "sellers lounge" is engaging in illegal activities.i also have reason to believe that "a1 member", "grant masters", "auctionhotwireonline", and "e-tax hotline" are all part of this same illegal scam. i too signed up for initial $4.00 cd thinking it had to be legit since it had the google logo on it. i think google should also be held accountable in this scam since they've apparently done nothing to stop it.i was charged $72.21 (may15:a1 member), $38.34(june 3: grantmasters), $39.73(jun8: auctionhotwire online), $36.77(jun 19:powersale). i managed to get a refund on the first 3 charges thank God, however i changed my credit card # at that point and they claimed that they couldnt refund my $36.77 because of that which i believe to be a lie. in any case this is where it gets worse. i was prepared to eat the charge of $36.77 and be done with it . i figured since my number had been changed they would no longer be able to charge me. i became enraged when my august 11 statement arrived and i saw a charge of $19.95 for something called "e-tax hotline"

• Jf
    jfh Aug 07, 2009

I to was taken by sellers lounge and i have e-mail sen.jim webb he is my congress man and i am going face book and letting every one know please let shut them down by spreading the news.

• Cd
    cdmtg Aug 07, 2009

I too have been a victim of this scam.
    I have tried numerous times to get this cancelled with no avail. I did not receive the CD, and began to get
    billed $48.73 on my credit card, now to a tune of over $600.00.
    someone needs to stop this company immediately.
    The people answering the phones are useless. they have promised e-mails to confirm cancellation of
    the subscription, but 10 months later, I am still getting billed.

Notnice Aug 06, 2009

I was scammed too in the amount of $67.83 aside from the $2.87 charge for the CD which I've never received and tried to dispute in my credit card provider. All I can say is we all have to file a complaint to FTC against this Seller's Lounge which I already did and just waiting for the result.

• Ro
    Rodd Wesson Aug 05, 2009

charge account $69.00 made a mistake, but will not credit money bck into my account. THIS IS FRAUD, why is this company still in business with all these complaints? How can you get your money back? Why hav'nt they been brought to justice?

• Hd
    hdk Jul 30, 2009

they got me as well, Mine started with only a 1.98 s/h charge for the Google Revolution, (your key to finacial security). Then a week or so later the call for the help and support I need to get things started fast. I told the caller NO! nothing more was to be added to my account. Guess I didn't make myself clear now I have a charge of 73.83 to onlinecashmadeeasy.net Ph #[protected] and a charge of 73.83to walletoverflow.com Ph # [protected]. Both these numbers along with [protected] all go to Google Revolution. None of the three different people I talked to could give me a number for Google Revolution Corp. which is who makes the decission weather a refund will be awarded or not. So i too have closed my card account to prevent more charges.

• Je
    jennifer- cleveland ohio Jul 26, 2009

Me too --- I just noticed a charge for 63$ that hasn't posted yet. i did order the CD and I did receive it, but I did not agree to anything else. I ordered 5/31 and they waited long enough that I had a hard time remembering what it could be. I will dispute this with my card co and call all the numbers, but I suspect I must close my account to stop it. Someone is making a fat living off this judging by the numbers of us who were gullible enough to become vulnerable. Sorry to you all. Good luck!

• Je
    JessicaG Jul 21, 2009

Well, without my knowledge Sellers lounge got my info off of EBAY and signed me up for this bs scam. Suddenly there was $40 missing from my account, and i called to give them hell about it and luckily they refunded my money. Because NOT ONLY did they do this w/o my permission, I didnt receive this kit either which i would have promptly returned to sender. These ARE scams. Basicly the journals you see online are from people Getting PAID to write them. Thats what the Google Bizkit, and all others do. They PAY you to get more people to waste money posting adds. Promising you'll only have to pay shipping and handeling for this BUT you will also have to pay a SUBSCRIPTION FEE per MONTH to keep doing this. People... I will tell you one thing. There IS NO get rich quick program online that will help you. Go out and get a second job, baby-sit, somthing. Play the lottery if you need your fix on taking a risk because THATS WHAT THIS IS. There is a 1 to a billion chance that you will make the money they say you will. Even if you do... the Subscription fee will always be there. If this happens to you where somthing like this shows up on your bank account mysteriosly, Call them, get them to cancel, get them to refund you, if they wont there is ALWAYS a supervisor on/manager. if they say there isn't, ask them if they like their job. Because you CAN get them shut down by feeding the story to the PRESS, Police, Credit Bureau, Fraud Dept, Etc. Watch your back ppl. DONT sign up for these scams and ALWAYS moniter your bank account.

• Ha
    Harry Jul 18, 2009

Fraudulent advertising in order to get my credit card info and pass it on to other fraudulent companies who helped themselves of my credit to charge me for services I never asked for, consented to, and was never previously notified about.

jayogi Jul 10, 2009

I signed up for a Google work at home, posting leads on line. I got everything but. 2, work at home for a phone sex place, charges were on my account. A google charge for which I received nothing in the mail and now sellers lounge. I called their 866 # and the girl was helpful and said the 39.95 would be refunded. I told her if it was not that my bank would be looking in to a fraud complaint. I never had received a e-mail saying I had signed up for this.
    Some twirp had called from Google last month saying how lucky I was that I could get ID theft and 2 other things and the monthly charges were going to be only about 180 a month. I canceled them all. They pass around your credit card information. It sucks that we have to track them down and wait 7-15 days to get our money back. Lesson learned after being burned. I have to check my account twice a week or cancel it.

• Jt
    jt2009 Jul 10, 2009

Hello, everyone, 7/09/2009!
    I just got a bill from OnlineCashMadeEasy.net for $73.83!
    I called their number and of course got a rep from Sellers Lounge.
    She said I could cancel my accounts and I did but that I had
    exceeded the trial period, which is made shorter and shorter
    despite the original offer from the Website ad.
    I changed my credit card of course immediately and
    I feel that this is a plain theft without appropriate
    disclaimers. The people involved are simply trying to
    rush and trick honest information seekers with a small
    shipping charge. This isn't a new idea but it should no longer
    be supported by American law. The letter above mine
    has good information, but I think a Class Action settlement
    might get back all the small losses over the last year!!
    Amazing long-lasting crooks.
    Read letter next one up from 2 days ago.

• Sh
    Sharon W Jul 08, 2009

Everyone that has been scammed needs to go file a police report, and then cancel out your credit card. Sellers lounge took money out of my account and i had never used the web site. I called them and threatened them with a class action law suit and i really am going to find an attorney to handle it. They got my account number from onlinecashmadeeasy.net which is affiliated with googlerevolution. I have a list of the compnaies that are affiliated with googlerevolution. Maybe if enough people filed enough police reports against this company they will shut it down. I got all my money put back into my account plus the overdraft fees. as soon as i find an attorney that will handle this I will post it. . Ther numbers I called is [protected] for googlerevolution and [protected] for sellerslounge. Good luck to everybody.

• Mj
    M. Joan Malpas Jul 02, 2009

Completely fake - completely dishonest - there is no product - and the charges just

go on and on!

• Mj
    M. Joan Malpas Jul 02, 2009

Has anyone been successful in getting a credit from this cheating, dishonest, scamming company? HOW DO WE PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS? SELLERS LOUNGE IS A
    TOTALLY FAKE BUSINESS...SELLERS LOUNGE NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED.
    Please let me know if anyone has been able to get their money back.

M. Joan Malpas
    [email protected]

ChadMason Jun 26, 2009

the ONLY thing you can do is close your bank account that seller's lounge has on file...and open up a new one...I was in Cancun the past week and get a text from my bank saying my account has been OVERDRAWN! I had NO clue what so ever and checked and sure enough was seller's lounge...I filed a fraud claim and they have restricted my account so seller's lounge will get NOTHING else...and I am opening a new one...it is really the ONLY thing you can do...bunch of low lifes ripping people off...

• Yo
    yorky Jun 25, 2009

Fraudulent operation. They simply charge for "something" on your CC or Debit Card and wait to see if you notice.

I called to get the fraudulent charge removed along with calling the credit card company. Odd, how nobody seems to know anything. Sellers Lounge could not say what the charge was actually for. Not specifically. Something about some "advise which was delivered on the internet." They said I had an account - which I don't and never did.

The charge on the CC said it came from Whatford GB - and I asked where that was, they didn't know...!!!

Total fraud here. Better check out past CC and Debit charges to see if they have been "peeking into your money" for a while.

Also, note this - on their website there is NO phone number to call them, NO address as to where they are... these are exactly the dead-give-away that they are a fraud.

Beverly E Stephens Jun 21, 2009

We got a new Discover Card in February 2009 and one of the first charges on it was $3.87 for Sellers Lounge. We couldn't understand why as we had never heard of them. In March we were charged $48.73 so we called Discover to tell them we had no idea who these people are and that we never had dealings with them. Discover said that they would look into it and credited us for both the $3.87 and the $48.73. Sellers keeps charging us the $48.73 and we keep calling Discover and get the same answer even though they credit us for each charge. Finally, since the charges have appeared every month thru June since Feb. we cancelled the Discover Card. I have heard that when there is a fraud they start out with a small charge like the $3.87 and if it goes thru on the card they start charging larger amounts. From all the complaints that I have read regarding Sellers Lounge the amounts that they are charging people run about the same amount that they are charging us. We have talked to the fraud dept. at Discover and repeatedly have told them that this is a fraud but they continue to charge that amount on our card. I don't understand why something isn't done about this fraud when so many people are complaining about them. Is it just Discover Cards? If so, it makes us wonder what is going on. Beverly Stephens

• Mi
    mimi9144 Jun 19, 2009

i do not know why this was deduct from my checking acct. i did not sign up for this.

• Fu
    fushiakuma Jun 02, 2009

I got a different number in my email. it's [protected].

When I called I got a guy named Alex. I just ordered yesterday so I guess I have about 28 days or so to get this crap cancled. Alex said it woudln't be in there system for 24 hours from order. He said he would check for me a few more times throught the day and that I will get a cancelation email if I show up in the system and he cancles it. He told me to call back tomorrow if I don't get the email.

My scam was for google revolutions, though. ... I told alex that I am going to sue somebody if I get charged 49.95. *crosses fingers* I hope I can get out of this.

I've also learned to research these stupid ads before I click them.

• Cy
    Cynthia May 29, 2009

Yes, they got me to. I'm so mad.
    Not only is money coming from the sellers lounge, they have over 5 other companies getting your money with this Ebay scam also. I had to call over 5 different company's, and asked for cancellation and a refund for this scam. But as you know they still are charging me for something, and I will get my refund today as soon as they open at 10:00am. It do not take hundreds of dollars to sell on ebay, all you need is a computer, a camera, and commone sense.
    The trick to company's like this, is to keep a close look at your online banking account. Whenever a company take money out of your account, they always have a phone listed also. Call the number to cancel, and ask for your refund. The numbers for sellers lounge are; [protected], and [protected]. The other company's involved with this scam is; Grand Spring [protected], Google money tree [protected], Google [protected].

• As
    ashamed Apr 13, 2009

It seems that i am not the only one to face this terrible company but what can we do to escape this mess?They ruin the whole internet marketing business for everyone.

Anthony Apr 06, 2009

dont feel bad i think alot of us fell victom of these people. i was charged $63.87 and a $.51 fee for isa fee. isa has to do with international fees. i have tried to call all the numbers i can to get the charges reversed and nothibg i do seems to work. cancel it as soon as possible. i cancelled my card and have been reissued a new one since. so far so good no other charges as of yet. will let you all know if they get me again or not.

• Ra
    Ray Merkel Mar 27, 2009

This company is charging our visa credit card an unauthorized monthly amount of $49.67, and the number that is given on our statement is SELLERS LOUNGE 8667857WATFORD and also charges an international fee of $1.49. How do we stop them from taking any more from our account.

Janice Gray Dec 03, 2008

I too have been charged since July 65.04 on my american express and do not even know what the sellers club is selling.
    Unfortunetly I did not notice this until yestrerday and contaced american express and they said they can not stop payments as it was authorized to come out of my account.
    They gave me the number [protected], but I have not been able to get them on the pnone as yet.

BEN HILBUN Dec 02, 2008

THIS IS PURE FRAUD...SELLERS LOUNGE IS CHARGING MY VISA CARD EACH MONTH WITH-OUT MY PERMISSION..B

WHAT CAN I DO...

I WILL TURN OVER TO FRAUD UNIT OF BANK OF AMERICA

BEN HILBUN Dec 02, 2008

SELLERS LOUNGE IS CHARGING MY VISA EACH MONTH $49.67

THIS IS A FRAUD CHARGE

I HAVE NOT AUTHORIZED THEM TO CHARGE MY ACCOUNT

CAN YOU HELP ME..

ann pateman Nov 24, 2008

i signed up for sellers lounge before using this website I immdietly called and cancelled they sent me an email confirming cancellation when I recieved a payment out of my account $39.95
    I reported it to my bank as an unauthorized payment and put a stop on my debit card the bank found the payment was made to Submit soloutions PH#[protected] or customer service submit soloutions [protected] apparently if you cancel with sellers lounge they need to cancel with submit soloutions.
    submit soloutions emailed me a credit and said the money will be back in my account within 7-10days
    we shall see put a stop to payments with your bank and report them for unauthorized payment takenhope this helpsBDEO

• Mi
    michelle Nov 23, 2008

please i am right in the middle of this can't get out. they keep billing my american express for 49.95 i never received any thing from them. i paid them 130 so far and can't get it to stop... please let me know what you did. i sent an email after the first 39.95 and told them to cancel me the stent back you are cancelled that was it. and i have been billed twice since then. HELP NEED HELP IN MICHIGAN

• Ro
    Robert N. Jones Nov 14, 2008

The Sellers Lounge is a big scandelous rip-off. I never signed up for anything and they keep on charging my credit card for $49.67 every month. I e-mailed them to cancel several months ago --- to no avail --- they continue to rip me off. I will never deal with ebay again. I will take my problem to my crecit card company and put and end to this robbery!!! What a bunch of AH's

If someone of authority is reading this please cancel my Sellers Lounge account - which I have no idea how it got started in the first place!!! But -- PLEASE CANCEL IT!!! Account No. [protected].

• Le
    LEONARD SIMON Nov 11, 2008

When back in August I saw the add it said FREE. I sent in the form online and did receive the cd. I found out in November that the company "THE SELLER LOUNGE" has been charging my wife's credit card $49.67 every month since August and probably will charge again in November. When I called the company to complain and ask for a refund all I got was an answering machine and could only leave a message. Have not heard back from anyone and I am making a claim with my credit card company.

• Co
    colin Oct 27, 2008

i have tried to stop this company several times from taking funds from my bank. i am now financial in debt as they are still taking fees from me for nothing. i have not recieved any goods just a payment to this company which i am having trouble stopping within my bank account. i am now in £1000.00 debt unemployed and broke could you advise me how i can stop this getting worse and getting me a refund if possible. i don, t even get enough money to pay my house up keep i stand to loose everything if this is not stopped. would have to declare bankrupcy due to being unable to stop an invitation with which i received nothing from them and am unable to stop the money going from my bank.

• Ph
    Phil Oct 17, 2008

I had called Sellers Lounge when I received the first bill and was told that they would credit my account. They have not - this was in April 2008. Since then I have called again and was told that I never received a cancellation number. I asked to talk to a supervisor and was told that she was the supervisor and that she would only credit this month's billing. I have since lodged a complaint with the Nevada Attorney General, the Las Vegas Better Business Bureau, the Washington State Attorney General and the Washington State Better Business Bureau. The Better Business Bureau was well aware of their tactics. I am working with my credit card company to dispute the charges. Last night I looked at their ad again, and once again it says "free". This is certainly deceptive advertising and I will continue to fight them. I understand that they do not have a license to do business in Las Vegas which is where my billings came from. Good luck to us all.

• Tr
    Tracy Oct 02, 2008

I have unauthorized tansactions on my acct. for $49.67! I had ordered a CD from them, wouldn't download on my computer so I threw it away, and now they're charging me $49.67, FOR WHAT??? I want my money back!

Anthony Santos Aug 29, 2008

I am aslo a victim and very upset about this scanderous company. I never received the CD ans cancelled the debit card I used and they AGAIN took money from my new debit card. They are desperados and greedy crooks!! Somebody to do an investigation and stop this fraud to innocent victims who are tryin to make an honest living. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

• Ca
    Candi Aug 27, 2008

Hi,

I have also been ripped off by these people. In April I also sent in my $4.95 for a CD which I never received. My card has been charged $49.95 a month since then. I called them and told them that I never signed up for anything just to get a CD which I have never gotten.
    They informed me of the same thing that you have described and that they would not refund my account. I lost over $200.00 which is so hard on me and my family for we are going under with our bills and NOW THIS. I hope there will be something that can be done. My copy that I printed out even says 100% guaranteed. How can this be when I didn't even receive anything? We should ALL be refunded.
    Thanks For Your Support
    Candi

• Ka
    Karen Handy Aug 06, 2008

If any one has any information as to how to get these guys from doing this again please pass it along. I also filed a claim with my bank and cancelled my credit card. I am spreading the word and I hope you are too.

• Wi
    Winston Smith Jul 22, 2008

They got me too. There should be a federal investigation intyo this outfit. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to call my buddy with the Feds and see what can be done.

• Ke
    ken Jul 16, 2008

DAMN...
    I WAS LURED TOO...AND I JUST FOUND THAT I WAS CHARGED 49.99...