SeattleCoffeeDirect.comBEWARE OF ONLINE SCAM

R

4/2/09

Just a follow up warning to all those who have been victims of unauthorized charges...I just wanted to share with everyone the other names SeattleCoffeeDirect.com uses to charge our credit and debit cards. These are the following names they used to charge my debit card:
Metro Coffee Roast, Bellezza Coffee, CoffeeRoastersDirect.com, and SeattleCoffeeDirect.com. Also I did make a complaint to the Illinois better business bureau on 4/1/09. The website address for complaints is: www.chicago.bbb.org and email is: [protected]@chicago.bbb.org. Phone [protected] and Fax: [protected].

If anyone is interested in SeattleCoffeeDirect's address it is: SeattleCoffeeDirect, 990 Grove Street, Suite 204, Evanston, IL 60201 and customer service is [protected] from 10am-6pm Monday through Friday.

I hope that everyone on here will make a complaint to the BBB of Illinois about these SCAM ARTISTS!

4/1/09
This company is the biggest scam ever! I ordered a free trial offer that wasn't really free! It first cost me $25 for 2 mugs, 2 travel mugs, and one bag of coffee, which wasn't a bad deal. The scam was that the company IMMEDIATELY started CHARGING me for shipments of coffee every 2-3 days, charging my credit card $38.95 three times in six days! I called immediately and told them that I didn't order all that coffee and I wanted the charges credited right away. I still have NOT received my credit of $116.85! Everytime I call, which has been MULTIPLE times, I am told "It takes 10-14 days to receive a credit." And, not one person I have talked to had an EXPLANATION why they were CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MULTIPLE TIMES! Well, it didn't take 10-14 days for them to receive the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM ME! I didn't order their products then decided that I didn't want them! THEY JUST CHARGED MY CARD 3 TIMES FOR COFFEE I THAT I DID NOT ORDER! I called again tonight and left a message on their machine again! They NEVER call back. So, I will call in the morning again! BEWARE OF SEATTLECOFFEEDIRECT.COM, THEY ARE HUGE SCAM ARTISTS. They should NOT be allowed to do business!

• Valerie May 22, 2008

I ordered two bags of coffee from them and they sent it to me and then charged me accordingly, but after that with no written notice they charged me 48.95 i called them and they said that when i ordered the first two bags i joined a membership. I did not want a membership and canceled it on the phone they said they would return my money when i returned two more bags of coffee that they never sent me but eventually did. After i canceled the membership and am currently in the process of returning the two more bags of coffee they charged me again 48.95 and no coffee and after canceling any other shipments.

Mark R May 29, 2008

On their website they offered two ceramic mugs two travel mugs and two bags of coffee for five dollars. One week later I received two bags of coffee and was billed 48.95 off my debit card totally unauthorized. When I called the company to cancell the order they told me they billed me 25.00 for the first order and 48.95 for the second order.I sent the second order back! Consumers beware, this company is a ripoff! They illigally charge your account.Also if you do return the items for a refund send them back to Seattle Coffee Direct 5603 W. Howard St. Niles Ill. 60714. Not the adress thats on the package they send the coffee in! Ive reported them to the Better Business Bureau and filed a police report. This company is a scam! Stay away from them at all costs!

• Li
    linny gibson Jun 04, 2008

they sent me bags and bags of coffee i never ordered.they better not charge me!!!

• Ol
    Olen Domon Jul 10, 2008

I was billed $48.95 for coffee on July 1st and again on July 8th. I wish to cancel all shipments and a refund of the extra $48.95 I was billed eroneously. I only ordered coffee once and I have not received but the one order. If I am charged anymore I will be forced to charge Seattle Coffee with credit card fraud.

Olen Domon

• Ki
    Kimberly McNally Jul 14, 2008

The same thing happened to me that I've been reading about now, unauthorized charging and sending coffee after I ordered the initial $25 package. I noticed it on my bank statement, on 7/07 $48.95 and again on 7/13 $48.95...I haven't even had time to decide that I like it or to use it, and I never agreed to a membership!!!

• bfg1949 Jul 15, 2008

I just got off the phone with my bank I put in a dispute on coffee charges I have not recieved any coffee call your bank dipute the charges and get your money back.

• Ca
    Carlee Oct 15, 2008

This very thing happened to me as well!! I ordered two bags and they kept sending more and more at the price of $48.95 a bag taken directly out of my bank account. When I called them and told them to stop sending coffee, they told me to simple return the product and I would be reimbursed my money. MANY months later I have yet to see my money!! I did not sign up for any membership! This company is a ripoff!!!

• Ca
    Carlee Oct 15, 2008

I would like to know if anyone actually got a resolution and thier money back??

• Je
    Jeff Berman Nov 04, 2008

Dear Mark,

I apologize for any problems you may have encountered with our company, Seattle Coffee Direct. Here at Seattle Coffee Direct our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at 888-217-CAFE so that we may swiftly rectify this situation. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably discontinue service and provide return shipping information. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Jeff Berman
    Direct of Customer Service
    [protected]@seattlecoffeedirect.com

• Br
    Bryan Nov 04, 2008

I signed up for this as well. It does state that you are signing up for a membership but that it is monthly:
    "Each month, you will receive your two monthly selections."
    qualified with the following
    "Monthly shipments are an estimate. They may be more or less frequent."

I was out of town for about two months and was irritated to find I had received (and been charged for) 8 shipments. I just got off the phone with customer service and they were polite enough, offering to refund any shipments I had not opened - which I plan to take advantage of.

Honestly I would have kept the membership if it had been monthly, but regardless of whether this was intentional or a mistake - it's simply too expensive at a weekly rate.

• Je
    Jeff Berman Nov 13, 2008

Dear Tomhas,

I apologize for any problems you have encountered with Seattle Coffee Direct. Please call 888-217-CAFE to ensure your account has been canceled. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Jeff Berman
    Direct of Customer Service
    [protected]@seattlecoffeedirect.com

• Ro
    Ronnie Zachary Jan 18, 2009

Yes, I ordered coffee one (1) time from them. I wasn't happy with the choices of coffee. They continued to send the same coffee as a token of thanks. Now I find my credit card being charged $38.00 for two bags of coffee that I did not order, not once but twice. It was a two to go coffee mugs, two regular coffee mugs and two bags of 12 oz coffee for $5.0o. It was my understanding that the other coffee was a thank you token for your order.

• Do
    dorothy purvis Jan 22, 2009

I signed up to do a survey and I was to be given a free coffee and mug and $1.000 gift card from Walmart. I never got the gift card.
    when I notice on my bank statement that I was charged for more coffee, I called the company to cancel all transactions. On Jan. 22, 2009, I notice again I am being charged again for tha coffee $38.95. I called the company and they claimed that I did not cancel this action. Tey assured me that as of this date Jan. 22, 2009, they cancel this account and my money will be refunded within 5-7 business days. Hopefully this will stop.

• Ri
    Rick Jan 27, 2009

I ordered a 25.00 set of mug and coffee from them and was billed on 12/13. I canceled the order and they billed me for 38.00 on 12/17 after I canceled.

Now they will not send me a return address label and expect me to pay for shipping. The trial period is 7 days. They say to drop it into the USPS box and mark return to sender, but USPS said they will deliver it back to me.

• De
    Dennis Cain Feb 28, 2009

Watch out for Seattlecoffeedirect.com. They are scamming consumers. They posted two separate fraudulent charges to my account. These charges stemmed from a purchase which was only supposed to be a one-time charge of $5.00 for 2 bags of coffee and two travel mugs and two coffee mugs as the advertisement stated. The advertisement was on the Facebook.com game Pirates which required trying a product to complete an offer. Instead I got coffee that wasn't very good (highly acidic tasting), I did not receive the flavors that I asked for, and had two unauthorized charges to my debit card for $38.95 (Total of $77.90) under two different company names (hides their charges), “seattlecoffee.com” and “metro coffee”. When I went online to do some research about them, I found tons of complaints about them on all the scam boards. The BBB processed a total of 550 complaints about this company in the last 36 months. The BBB rating stated the following:

“Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB due to a pattern of complaints and has failed to correct the underlying reason for the complaints.

Consumer complaints allege undisclosed or unauthorized charges, lack of clearly disclosed shipping and/or membership fees, and deceptive advertising. Consumers further allege receiving multiple orders of merchandise that has not been ordered and/or authorized, and subsequent difficulties obtaining refunds.”

Furthermore, many complainants allege purchasing posters from posterpass.com at a particular price, and report having been charged a much higher price and allegedly unknown fees for the transaction.”

The full report can be found at: http://chicago.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=46&bbb=0654&firm=36000239

I am also filing complaints for fraud with:

FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection Consumer Response Center

Illinois Attorney General Consumer Fraud Bureau

If you have been ripped off by theses crooks you should file complaints too. Maybe if enough of us do they will put a stop to another unethical and dishonest company.

Nathan

• Pa
    Patricia Arnold Mar 06, 2009

Last November I ordered a "free sample" of Seattle Coffee Direct's nicro coffee, I just had to pay for s/h. I had a trial period, but I call to cancel the exact same week. In late December, 12/26/08 and early January, 1/2/09 I noticed there were debits to my account in the amount of $38.95 each. I had not received any other product from them since the free sample. I called the company requesting an explaination and requesting my money be refunded. In less than a week I received a notice from UPS that I had two packages from Seattle Coffee, I refused shipment and these products were returned. I contacted Seattle Coffee again informing them I had sent the product back, since I had already cancelled my subscription at the very beginning of the trial period and I had never placed another order, nor would I ever and I wanted my money refunded. I was assured I would see the credits to my account immediately, I have yet to have received any credits and I can't seem to get anyone on the phone. Is there anyway you can assist me and possibly others?

• Mi
    Mike Mar 09, 2009

I ordered a advertised offer of coffee . It was reasonable. Coffee and mugs for $25. Received my order and had open the pkgs. Two days later a ppkg arrived from them I had no idea what it was so I opened and it was 2 more bags of coffee. I immediately cked my credit card online and found they had charged me $38.95 for 2 12oz bags of coffee. I then called their 800 # to discover that I was in a 'coffee club' and this was my first shipment. I sent back the coffee 3/5/09 and am awaiting my credit card credit.

• Cy
    cyberchar Apr 02, 2009

They got me too...under the pretense of a $5 trial basis, which turned into a $38.98 monthly debit for 2 pounds of coffee.

Called them, told them to send no more coffee. Had UPS return package refused. Called them about refund, said they had JUST gotten the coffee back (unopened) and my credit would be on my account the next day. That was 10 days ago & nothing.

• Ri
    Rich May 29, 2009

Seattle Coffee Direct also operates as
    * Coffee Roasters Direct
    * Global Coffee Direct
    * Metro Coffee Direct
    * Peel, Inc

All use the following info:
    990 Grove St, Evanston IL 60201
    [protected]
    Point of contact is Jennifer Carani, [protected] ext 18

File a complaint with the BBB at http://chicago.bbb.org
    We received a full refund of ALL charges, including the trial package!!

• Mu
    Mumina Ez Jul 15, 2009

They offer a cheap intro offer but BE AWARE! they double and triple charge you the shipments. I paid almost $100 within 2 days of the first trial order! They DO NOT accept returns and DO NOT give refunds! Beware==do not order from them unless you don't love your money...My bank is going after them now.

• Ms
    MS VICKI Aug 19, 2009

I RECEIVED 4 BAGS OF COFFEE BEANS FROM THE ABOVE MENTIONED CO. AND HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THEM NOR DID I ORDER IT.

• Ab
    abby02 Nov 24, 2009

I ordered the obligatory 2 lbs of coffee for $9 - got my coffee that week and then saw a charge on my bank account for $38.95. I called and cancelled my membership with then on July 31st. As of this date 11/24/09 - I have still not recieved my refund. I have called them 7 times and they continually tell me it will be 3-5 busines days for my refund - I am reporting them to the better business bureau today.

• Wr
    Wrongsyde Dec 01, 2009

Thanks for the careful details in this post. Have had a similar experience with them: signed up for trial for several dollars, received 3 separate 39 dollar charges BEFORE the trial package even arrived. I canceled membership as soon as I saw that and returned the next shipments unopened as per their customer service instructions. Of course did not get refunds as they claimed I would.

You can add two more names to list:
    *Coffee Outlet Store
    *Euro Coffee Express

Here's the best part: With those charges in dispute with credit bank, I got a 79.00 charge from Shopdani.com, another Peel Inc company name, this one without ANY connection to me aside from the coffee ordering mistake.

All charges are filed as dispute with credit card, and complaint has been made to Chicago BBB. Thanks for the posted info here! It helped me a lot. Now I'm just hoping that this will get resolved and with enough of this Peel Inc will start playing a bit more fair.

joodlenoodle Dec 02, 2009

This company has DESPICABLE business practices! I strongly encourage you to NOT do any sort of transactions with them.

They fraudulently charged me TWICE for a subscription I canceled back in February 2009! One transaction came through as PublicationsMax.com for $79 and another came through as SeattleCoffeeDirect.com for $79.

Attempting to process transactions during the holiday season, when people are already on tight budgets is DISGUSTING!

• Ga
    gaye willis Dec 05, 2009

I ORDERED COFFEE FROM SEATTLECOFFEEDIRECT ON 10/13/2009 AND RECEIVED A TRIAL OFFER FOR $2.00. I WAS NOT SATISFIED WITH THIS COFFEE, AND CALLED AND CANCELED MY ORDER.THEY DEBITED MY ACCT. $79.00 ON 11/4/2009. I TALKED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE ON 11/25/2009, WHO STATED TO ME ON THE PHONE THAT MY MONEY WAS BEING CREDITED BACK TO MY ACCT. WITHIN 5-7 WORKING DAYS. MY MONEY HAS NOT BEEN CREDITED BACK TO MY ACCT. AS OF TODAY 12/5/2009. THE ONLY WAY MY BANK WILL CREDIT IT BACK IS FOR ME TO CANCEL MY DEBIT CARD AND ORDER ANOTHER ONE. THEY DO CHARGE A FEE FOR THIS. ALL I WANT IS FOR THEM TO CREDIT MY MONEY BACK TO MY ACCT. AS THEIR GUARANTEE STATED THEY WOULD.

AngNeumann Dec 17, 2009

I ordered coffee from this company a year ago and then cancelled the service. Suddenly, I received 2 packages from them, a year after I canceled, and they charged $79 on my credit card. There are 2 other names associated with this company apparently. The name on the packages was Cafe Saporito and the name of the company that charged my credit card was JavaBeaneryDirect.com. They all have the same phone number, and now I cannot get ahold of them using that telephone number. Do not give your credit card information to these companies.

• Na
    Nancy Tice Apr 08, 2010

This also happened to me. I am still calling to get a refund that was promised 6 months ago and now the phone number is disconnected! It is a total scam!

• Mo
    Molimex Nov 26, 2010

I cannot believe I didn't google the site before I made the purchase but it seemed so good. The website is well done and looks so legitimate. I guess this is how people make money these days, they trick you into a monthly subscription. I just did a search on this company and there are dozens of complaints out there about people trying to cancel their subscription. Guess I am not the only one.

• Re
    Repitze Oct 17, 2011

I have made numerous phone calls to 1.888.217.CAFE in attempts to get a refund. (October 14, 2009, January 12, 13, 14, 2010) I was informed that a refund would be placed back into my checking account. The phone number is no longer active and I have yet to receive my refund from October 3, 2009 and October 7, 2009. I was sent an email on January 13, 2010 stating that I would receive a check in 7-10 days. I have not. Please help me. This company is a scam. The total amount due is two withdraws of $39.70 which totals $79.40.