Seattle Direct CoffeeOvershipment and Ripoff

D

I saw an add for 2 coffee cups, 2 travel mugs, and 2lbs of coffee for 5 dollars on Facebook... I followed the link and signed up for Seattle Direct Coffee. A few days later I had the offer arrive at my house... a few days later I had the same 2lbs of coffee I already received arrive at my house... a few days later (within 10 days) another 2lbs of coffee came... HOW COULD ANYONE USE THIS MUCH... I looked online at my bank statement... I had been charged 9.99, 26.00 and 34.00 for each of these shipments...WHAT HAPPENED TO FIVE DOLLARS

I canceled my subscription with them immediately but wanted to warn others that this company is like a Columbia House/BMG Music for coffee and they will simply charge you for the coffee they ship. I have been told I will receive a refund when i return the shipments.

Thanks for the overdraft charges SDC, I really need that right now!

More Seattle Direct Coffee Complaints & Reviews

• Sh
    Sharon Singley Sep 12, 2007

They are making unauthorized charges to my bank account. I am trying to get the charges reversed, but will probably have to cancel my current card and get a new one to stop them completely. Someone should stop these people!!!

• Gl
    gloria allen Nov 15, 2007

This company is charging me for coffee that I have not received for 2 months. But they continue to charge to my checking account. The number that they have listed is not even working.

• De
    Debbie Strlek Apr 03, 2008

I signed up for a free coffee grinder and coffee at 9.00 per month. I have now received 3 shipments of coffee in the last two weeks and charges for those at 38.95 each. Ludicrous!

• Da
    Dan May 21, 2008

I did not think there would be any harm in sending off for $5.00 worth of coffee and mugs. I did not realize what I was getting into with this piece of work company. I called over a week ago and the company rep. NATE told me he would cancel my order. Well, I just received another order. Called Nate again, who told me that as part of agreement I had to pay for this new order. When I told the dude I did not enter into any contract he became extremely beligerent arguing that I had. This is a pathetic way to conduct business. What a bunch of scam artist.

• Da
    Dan May 21, 2008

I too, foolishly signed up for a $5.00 coffee promotion. Little did I know that this company would continue to take debits from account. Yesterday, they delivered to me a package, I have yet to open. I contacted my bank and they had debited $48.95 from my account.
    How can these people get away with this.

How many different ways can you spell FRAUD, SCAM. This company has fraudulently taken funds our of my debit account.

In order to stop any further transactions, I had to cancell my debit card. I am also submitting a consumer complaint to the Illinois Attorney General's Office. I found this info on ine.

• He
    Heather Aug 10, 2008

I too fell for the 5.00 offer of coffee and mugs. Only to recieve another shipment of 2 lbs of the same coffee for 38.95 ..2 weeks later. This is a load of crap. I used my paypal account and now have to wait for the transaction to complete to file a complaint with them..only problem is that payment overdrafted my account. When I did the 5 dollar I made dang sure it wasn't one of the those monthly things no agreement of ne kind ne where on that offer...NOW I am stuck with 40.00 charge PLUS the charge from my bank. Ain't America great that a bizzness can run like this and screw so many ppl ...and yet no one shuts them down???? How many more ppl r going to get sucked into this before it stops???

• Le
    LeChat Aug 13, 2008

I too received charges for a second order within 4 days of the first. I have a cancellation number. They are refunding the second charge. I didn't see this page before I ordered. I just wondered how many of you were going for something like 5 for $5? And was the real reason you ordered was to qualify for some other prize (like silver, gold, etc. qualifications groups).

• Su
    sue henry Oct 25, 2008

i responded to an offer and ended up with that offer and a charge of 25 dolllars pluss receiving two unauthorized shipments of their coffee totaling another sevety dollars. now my bank account it over drawn and has overdraft charges due to their lack of timeliness to refund, in the amount of two hundred dollars. THIS SUCKS...

Cat Nov 14, 2008

I had enough and cancelled two months ago and then recently they started taking money out again. I called yesterday and cancelled again and told them I was not putting anymore money in that account. Big surprise that late night they took more money out of my account. I am going to cancel my card, put in a fraud complaint at my bank, and turn them into the Better Business Burea and Illinois Attorney General (these things I mostly learned on this site!). This will make my life inconvient for awhile. The number that works for me is [protected]. Their address has multiple business for that site. Total scam. You wonder how much money they are raking in daily, weekly, and monthly. Someone else on this site posted email and phone numbers for the "mother" company. [protected], [protected]. [email protected] (Ben Wu Business Develop person), [email protected] (2 Exec officers Brian Dale and Eric Flippo). That person suggested we repeatily email and phone to show our unappreciation for their stealing from our accounts. Sounds good to me. Hope this helps.

Cat Nov 14, 2008

Someone at this site contacted the Better Business Burea and Illinois Attorney General and got all their money back. I am going to do the same and will cancel my card at my bank and put in fraud paperwork at my bank also. Someone at this site found email and phone numbers for their mother corporation. I did a reversed look-up on their address and found a lot of other businesses with complaints. Most time you get the services that you sign up for but these people were scamming from the beginning. Sorry this happened to all of us. I think others are right about us emailing and calling them on a regular basis so they know how we feel. There is only so much people can get away with when their customers start complaining. Good luck to all of us.

Cat Nov 14, 2008

I am sorry about this. Others on this site have good advice. One person contacted the Better Business Burea and Illinois Attorny General and got all their money back. If you used your debit card you will need to cancel it and turn in fraud paperwork at your bank. If you used a credit card turn in the fraud to the business the card goes through. I will have to do the same thing and am not happy about it. Someone else on this site found emails and phone numbers for the main company. Good luck. It is not fair that they are running this scam. Hope this helps.

• Ic
    Iceonfire1999 Dec 19, 2008

They dont tell you all you need to know, like they send the coffee every week at almost $40 bucks per shipment, and even after you cancel the membership and return the unopened packages they refuse to refund your money. They are LIAR's and CHEAT's, I am letting my Credit Card Company Deal with them now, It's called FRAUD, buyer BEWARE

• Am
    amielizzie Jan 08, 2009

I agreed to an introductory offer, with a promise of no further obligation. Every week I received a package of coffee in which they charged $38.95 for. I sent every package back, with "return to sender", and have seen NO REFUNDS! It has been over 2 months since I sent the last package back. When I call them, they put me off, claiming it takes 4-6 weeks for a credit, etc. Don't order from Seattle Coffee Direct!!!

• Ro
    Robin Jan 28, 2009

Same thing with me. I called Seattle Direct coffee and canceled the order and am still getting the pkgs. It's a total rip off and a huge LIE!!!

• Re
    Regina Feb 12, 2009

I was charged two times also but the Number to call is no good.
    Do you have a number for them??

Beth Feb 26, 2009

I have had the EXACT same problem w/ this company! They are complete scam artists and its crap that this many people can have the exact same complaint and nothing will get done about it. There is NO "fine" print and the webpage I was on sent me immediately to another page when the process was done so if there had been I wouldn't have seen it. I've gotten no purchase or invoice numbers either which basically means you have to wait til the bill starts coming in to file any kind of fraud charges. Isn't the Attorny General supposed to be protecting citizens from creeps like this?!?!
    Good Luck to anyone else who gets caught up in this scam !

• Mo
    morningglo May 08, 2009

After returning the coffee which was charged to my account immediately with the trial, I was told it would be 10 to 12 days after the return which took 2 weeks. They charge you immediately but take their sweet time refunding your money. So now it is the 12th day and no refund. Customer service gives you a lot of sorrow but no timely action, promising another 3 to 5 days for my refund.

• Wa
    Wayne Sheppard May 23, 2009

i have had the same issue i tried their promotional offer, and "mistakenly" was put on their weekly delivery plan...after sending the unwanted packages back, i waited for the refund to show up in my account and it's been 3 months now and still nothing...i called them and they said it way approved and pending...but that was 6 weeks ago...

• Di
    Dizneywolf May 29, 2009

Outrageous ! I'm in the middle of going thru the Seattle Coffee nightmare myself now... I took the trial offer of 2bags of coffee, 2 coffee mugs and 2 travel mugs for $5. - not only did they charge me $25. but they also sent out 3 more shipments at $38.95 apiece -within THE SAME WEEK ! They literally emptied my bank account in 5 DAYS ! And of course I've incurred some outlandish overdraft fees because of it. At this point, I've had to change my debit/credit account (only way to stop them from further charging me), have my bank begin an investigation of unauthorized charges, stop the automatic deposit of my paycheck (which was being eaten by the bank for the overdraft fees) and now am trying to figure out how to pay the rest of my bills - all thanks to Seattle Coffee's big SCAM ! If anyone out there knows how or to whom to file a serious consumer complaint that would have major repercussions for them - by all means - post it - I'm on that train !

• Je
    JERRI-LYNN Jun 05, 2009

Sadly I too fell for this. I have just placed a block on my credit card, hopefully I will see my monies returned. Such a shame people are thought so little of in comparision to money:(

• Hm
    hm1 Jun 24, 2009

Seattle Direct Coffee is a RIPOFF. Do NOT order anything from them. We ordered the 10 day trial back in November 2008 and still cannot get them to refund out 34$ even after we promptly returned their product. I have called at least 5 times, always told I"ll get my money back in 7-10 business days and never get anything. It is now almost JULY of 2009. Go figure. Please do NOT order anything from this company. They are a SCAM!!!

• Co
    Coffee Adict Jul 07, 2009

I have had the very same experience. I signed up for a single order for $24.95 with a free gift. The very next day I received my order and free gift, then the next day after that I received an additional two bags of coffee and another charge of $39. I had to call three times to get someone that would actually cancel my account. I was told to put my coffee shipment back in the mail with "return to sender" written on it. Once received they would promptly refund my money. I put it in the mail the very next day and have yet to receive a refund. That was back in December 2008. I am calling back again today and I am not going to be nice this time. I have been very understanding. Enough is enough. Stay far away from this company!

CarenJF Jul 22, 2009

I believe that this company's refund policy constitutes fraud. I have also been waiting for a refund of nearly $2o0. I have been waiting for 3 months! I have gotten the same run around. Personally, I'm reporting this to every entity. I'm wondering if it is time to institute a class action suit!

• Sc
    Scmedley Aug 16, 2009

This company is a scam!! They sent me 3 unauthorized shipments of 1and 1/2 lbs of coffee, and when returned, at my expense, told me no one could help me, that it could take a month to get my refund. It has been over a month and still mo refund!! Let's put this joke of a company out of business!!

Beccalynne Aug 27, 2009

I too fell for this scam. I ordered 2 lbs of coffe and two travel mugs for $2.00 and free shipping. The ad said I could cancel membership at any time. I cancelled and have recieved three shipments in two weeks after I cancelled. I'll be putting a block on my credit card and have the tracking slips from returning the coffee to them. This is a scam and they need to be shut down.

• Co
    complainer9099 Sep 23, 2009

yeah these guys deffinitely try to scam you. i just called them after reading the latest post about them overcharging people. they sent me what i ordered, which was good. but they try to get all your money by sending you more and more coffee evry 2 weeks or earlier. i called the cancellation number and they cancelled my account immidiately. so, i hope thats the last of them... ??????

Bernice01 Oct 29, 2009

I have tried severl times calling the company but get no answer, I am returning order and want to cancel but I can't get a hold of anyone at the company. They charged my account $60 dollars and I have not gotten the shipment.

• Un
    Un Hap E Nov 23, 2009

I have an even more disturbing issue with them. They are charging under two names and for $79 each. They have not answered my calls and I cannot get the charges reversed until I contact them. If I get no response from them by today as we have all found, I believe we should start a class action suit against them for our damages due to all of the leg work, and cost of the product that we have not been receiving. If I get enough response I will pursue this class action. Respond to my email at: [email protected] Rich

• Bu
    burned coffee drinker Nov 30, 2009

Same as everyone else here I was suckered in by the "deal" which turned out to be a nightmare. They got the mugs right on my intro package but they sent ground instead of whole bean and the wrong coffee! I cancelled the service and returned all but the first shipment of coffee as it was opened and they have yet to refund any charges. My credit card company has disputed and gotten the money back for me but they are royal crooks! Then nearly 2 months after the cancellation I got charged 2 more times for double the initial charges! They have forced me to cancel my current credit card to stop them from stealing from me.

• Tr
    TracyZ Dec 01, 2009

I have been dealing with this company since the first of the year and they still continue to withdraw money from my bank account and I have not gotten a shipment in over 6 months. This morning they withdrew 79.00 from my bank account and I have tried calling but all circuits are busy.. This company is a scammmmmmmmmmmm. I filed a report with BBB of Illinois but have heard nothing. They have taken over 400.00 dollars from me and I have not gotten anything from them...Wish someone could get them shut down.

majo1 Dec 01, 2009

I completely agree! How do we put them out of business? I'd like to have a class action suit! Out of the blue, they charged my credit card for two shipments at $79.00 each about 5 months after I cancelled everything. I got a refund for ONE shipment when they charged me for 4. Let's take them DOWN!

• Li
    lindz Dec 02, 2009

my boyfriend ordered this same thing and he returned their product and its been over 7 weeks and still no refund like they told him he would get. anyone know any numbers or anything to call?

• Re
    Rewdubb Dec 08, 2009

Same thing. Now I call them and I get "please leave a message and a service rep will call you back" BS. Don't know what to do now...

beeba Dec 09, 2009

I totally agree with every complaint posted. I received a pkg today from Cafe Saporito which (when I looked it up on internet) is located in Lahore (Pakistan). In the pkg was 12 ounces of coffee and an insulated mug. No invoice in the pkg. I should not have opened it, but Christmas is nigh and I have ordered other items. I tried calling the number on outside of pkg, but put me on hold and then ask for my number and they would return call. I do not anticipate a call.
    In the meantime I called my Visa number and this pkg had already been posted to my account at sum of $79.00 from Rich Cafe Direct and also on 2nd Dec another posting of 79.00 from Seattle Direct - a pkg I never received. Talk about a rip off!!
    As in the above complaint from maj01 I had cancelled with them at least six months ago and thought I was free of them. I agree a class action suit is in order--how many out there that haven't posted a complaint. I bet there are plenty.

• So
    So angry I could scream Dec 11, 2009

I mistakely took advantage of the coffee and mug promotion and then canceled so no further shipments should have arrived. Well I just received a shipment of coffee and two $79 charges to my account. I immediately called them and mostly got a voicemail message. Finally got through to be told they would cancel any future orders and a refund would take 60 days. I called my bank and disputed the charges. I'm goingto return this shipment to sender and let the bank deal with them. NEVER take advantage of any offers from this scam artist company.

• Al
    alaynea Dec 16, 2009

Good Luck!!
    I called and cancled 3 months ago. I got a package from them yesterday. $320 charges for items I sent back and never refunded. Also they gave out my bank info to anouther company called shopdani.com that took $79.00 out.
    The same amount they always take from me. I had to close my account at the bank to stop them from getting any more of my money. I know I will never see a dime back from them.

• Dr
    draw12 Jan 14, 2010

The company sent me coffee and a mug that i did not order. I promptly returned it only to find that they charged my credit card. Witch I never gave them. Now I can't get in touch with them. The only thing I can do is email them at [email protected] Maybe I will get lucky and they will return my money. By the way they charged me $79.00 less then a lb. of coffee and a mug. don't get involved with these people.

• Mt
    mtbracer2002a Jan 26, 2010

I had the same experience. A billing on Dec. 3, 2009 from richcafedirect.com. I had canceled my membership about a year ago. I refused the shipment on Dec. 5, but have not yet been refunded the money, and they no longer accept orders, nor do they have a phone contact system.