Sears Brandsdangerous/incompetent customer service

G Jun 24, 2019

I can supply full transcripts of the conversations I had with the operators if required.

- On May 18th, I contacted an operator at Sears to inquire if a fix could be found for my refrigerator before me taking advantage of the labor day sales. My refrigerator model: GS6nhaxvk02
- I was told by the operator (I asked this more than once) if he had a fix for my issue. He said

"Yes, it is due to the failure of condenser coils and you need to replace the condenser coils to fix the issue completely., As a senior trained parts specialist, I am confident that I have located and verified this part will fix the issue completely."

- I then asked, more than once if the part was easy to fit. The operator's response:

"Yes, it is easy to install and most of our customers install the part by themselves. I will also help you with easy installation instructions to your email from where you can view and fix it."

The part then arrived. Order # C694740. After looking closely, we were unconvinced that the task to fit the part was easy. We waited and waited, but no instructions arrived by email.

In the meantime food was spoiled and stress in my family increased (note we live in Atlanta GA, and at this stage, things are really heating up).

So I contacted Sears again:

I contacted a different operator about the problem with the part so he sent this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJltl25tPvM . I was confused as I had said I needed to fit the part you sent out but this video was of someone, presumably not a Sears verified technician, merely cleaning the coils. I pointed this out to the operator who apologized.

So I was then sent this, dangerous, likely uncertified, instructional video, not befitting of a company of Sears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA-oEecFo4o . I am guessing this is not verified but I am sure you agree after watching this video that it should never be sent to the customer.

After over an hour on this second chat of getting nowhere, I asked to speak to a supervisor. After seeing the part that was sent out, he said:

"I see that the level of difficulty to replace the condenser coils is very high and the experts recommend to schedule a tech to do it."

Therefore:

- I was promised that the part being sent out will 100% fix the issue. We as yet don't know the answer to this. I hope so due to the time, energy and money that has thus far been wasted. Not to mention if another part requires to be bought or a new refrigerator that will no longer be in the sales.
- I was never sent instructions to fit the part as promised as part of the purchase agreement.
- I was then sent wrong and dangerous instructions that are not befitting of a company like Sears, that if I had followed could have caused harm.

I am still waiting for a response providing a solution to me having a fully functioning refrigerator.