Search ChestTaking unauthorized money from my checking account

L

I too fell for the scam. They don't tell you upfront next to their, hook, line, and sinker, sales pitch of Try this money making CD for just $1.97. They hide it in one or two sentences within the 100 or more paragraphs in their Terms and Conditions that you must agree to in order to get the CD. Their plan is that you will get inundated with mumbo, jumbo crap that you lose interest and patience and skip the real important stuff and agree. I called them and they said they would only cancel my account but wouldn't refund the money they cowardly stole from me, by purposely using a legal technicality in a camouflaged unethical sales tactic. I came across their CD through YummyArts.com so I will be canceling my subscription with them.

• Ra
    Ray Schneider Sep 14, 2009

Google mony tree scam. Cancelled but still got charged $72.00

• Co
    Connie Sue Gibbs Aug 28, 2009

I was also charged on my credit card 72.21 the phone number [protected] has been disconnected my confirmation # is o50409-265-1347 this charge is from April 18th 2009. How can I get my money back they posed as google

• Ge
    george Ingaham Aug 24, 2009

well, we just called our bank . They provided phone numbers for both this Serach Chest as well as another fraudulent Web Training GRP.

Neither number were correct.. We are forced to close out our card, reissue new card. File fraud charges to get our money back.

Going to take some time..

Thanks to all who took the time to post this.. It helped ...

• Ge
    george Ingaham Aug 24, 2009

The phone number above is not working for me..

• Ar
    arleeny Aug 04, 2009

Charging my credit card $ 84.54 USD for I don't know what??????? When I called the phone number [protected] They said when I asked where they were "Costa Rica ". Said did not have me on file !! So unable to cancell !!! What the heck is Search Chest anyways !!!

• Aj
    ajaygray Jun 25, 2009

Any clue as to how to get the money back from them i've been stolen from too. its a weekly occurance and i never heard of them or Lifelock ID.

• Pe
    Pessimistic Jun 23, 2009

The charge is "hidden" in the "agreement" that you made. However, what I did was call the number that was posted with the charge to my account (I got the number from my bank) and they immediately processed a refund. The only "kicker" is that they claim it will take 7 - 14 days for it to show up on my account. I will wait and see if it will be reimbursed to my account and then post the results here. In the meantime I have cancelled my card and got a new one and will file with my card company to press charges if possible.

• Mk
    MKTG. CHIC Jun 22, 2009

JUST CANCEL YOUR CARD. MY BANK CREDITED ME BACK THE AMOUNT. PLACED A HOLD ON THE CARD AND I WENT TO THE BANK AND GOT A NEW CARD. YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK. I HAVE HEARD OF THESE SCAMS AND THEY ARE HORRIBLE. UNFORTUNANTELY I WAS DUPPED BY GOOGLE MONEY TREE. THE ONLY A 1.97 INFORMATIONAL CD.

• Je
    jerry Jun 17, 2009

they stole $72.21 of my checking account and i never gave them my information or ever heard of them

Angela Henderson Jun 15, 2009

This company took money out of my account without my knowledge. I was at church all day the day they say I did the charge. I don't know nor have I talked to anyone at this company. I hope I can get the money back as I'm a disabled grandmother.

Chuck Turner Jun 15, 2009

The most efficient and effective way to throw a monkey wrench into this Search Chest scam machine.
    (article from http://scam-googletreasurechest.blogspot.com/)

Steps to Take to Recover Your Money

1. Cancel your credit or debit card--Get a new card with new number! Your financial information has been compromised and you will be getting further debits to that card, If not now then they could come back later when you are unaware. This scam is refining into a form of "Identity theft" as your financial information is being traded to other cohorts without your permission or knowledge.

2. File a fraud charge with your credit card or bank and let them sort it out. They have more muscle to go after this sort of crime. Explain to them about all the consumer complaints that are on the internet and "insist" that they do charge-back or file a fraud charge. Your bank or credit card organization has all the tools necessary to find out where the charges are coming from, what business is involved, addresses and phone numbers connected to the charge and etc. You may not know or have access to this information. The banks and credit card org have all this at their fingertips and are obligated to handle the problem that has resulted.
    More info at: http://www.chrismalta.com/scamtip1.asp

3. File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Their job is to monitor and go after these types of scams.

4. File a complaint with your state Attorney General and also with the Attorney General of Utah (where a lot of the phone numbers and addresses seem to be located)

5. Filing a complaint with the BBB is toothless as the scam already is rated with a "F".

6. File complaint at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx This is a place to report internet crime and is a combination gov agency of FBI, White collar Crime and Bureau of Justice Assistance.

7. After you filed with all the above agencies feel free to call any numbers you may possess that are connected to the "unauthorized charges" to try and recover all your money but take their word with a grain of salt. Don't hesitate to let them know what you have done or intend to do as they need to be shown that you mean business! If you succeed in getting your money returned you will have still taken steps to put their scam out of commission.

• Sh
    shemby Jun 15, 2009

I still am not exacty sure who these people are but they also tok 72.21 from my checking account. I remember igning up for on-line surveys but cancelling it and I was still charged 2 different amounts of money on 2 separate occasions within 2 weeks of each other..24.73 and 38.00..I cancelled again and I'm still waiting on my refund. This is so frustrating and I wish there was something we could do to stop this!!!

Chuck Turner Jun 11, 2009

Damn scammers! They keep changing their name but Search Chest $72.21 - that's gotta be the Google Treasure Chest scam, has also gone by many other names including Blazing Keywords, Blazing Words, Grantspring, Easy Google Profit, Google Revolution, Google Money Tree - so if you signed up for any of those then that's how they got your details.

More info on these scams here:

margomyers Jun 10, 2009

I just got a charge from them. Who did you call? I don't even remember ordering this or agreeing to it?!