SCI VendingSCI Vending Scam

SCI Vending apperas to be an Scam between Banks and this firm to cause these charges appear so both firms can take advantage or make money. Report it to FDIC and Local Law Authorities.

• Ba
    Bad Feeling Apr 29, 2015

The rental company may not be a scam, but that doesn't mean someone has not scammed you by using your credit card number. This morning I noticed a charge on my credit card for $8 to SCI VENDING CARTS MISSISSAUGA ON. Let me be clear, I have NEVER used my credit card to pay for anything other than groceries. Be wary when using your card!

• Ac
    Acevedo1 Jul 08, 2014

I used a locker at an indoor water park back in February. Almost 6 MONTHS LATER I get charged for it!!. There was a little over $1 in my account and it over drafted and now I have to pay the bank $36 plus $10. Is this even legal?? I never knew they never charged me. Now when I'm struggling to pay my bills, I get this charge. I think its so unfair and not my fault. I wonder if there is a grace period for them to charge my account. They told me that they couldn't help me at all. Its just wrong. Does this happen alot with this company?

• Ai
    Airport Traveler Aug 10, 2012

This is NOT a SCAM. I'm glad that I read these comments above before I contacted my bank. I rented a luggage cart at the Airport, but the charges did not show up until 5 days later. When I first saw the charges, I didn't know where the charges came from, until I saw these comments and then it reminded me of the luggage cart that I rented at the Airport. Thanks :-) Also, according to the other Comments above, this company not only rents Luggage Carts, they also rent Long-term Baggage Storage, Electronic Lockers, Commercial Strollers and Massage Chairs.

• Am
    amwayIBO Apr 18, 2012

I'm glad I read the comments, I also thought this was some sort of fraudulent activity, but then I remembered I rented a mall go cart for my baby; this was 2 or 3 weeks ago, I had forgot about this charge...Carry on... ;)

• Pr
    Promessa Aug 02, 2011

NOT A SCAM for me :P

The purchase came up as "SCI VENDING 5559 ORLANDO FL [protected]", and this worried me because I live in CA, and my Florida vacation was from July 6-13. I thought this was a scam because the transaction was on the 31st, but then I read these other comments and realized I rented a locker at Universal Islands of Adventure, and it wasn't showing up until now.

• Mi
    MichelleLA Jun 28, 2011

I just spoke to someone who confirmed that the company is real and not a scam. The charge is for the renting of a locker at an airport, train station or even at Universal studios.

• Ba
    Bastion Jun 22, 2011

Read other comments...not a scam.

Saw two of these charges dated 6 calendar days after we had rented two luggage carts at the airport.

Just about notified our card issuer of fraud before I saw this comment thread. Apparently the company is just really, really slow about posting payments.

• He
    Hemant11 Apr 26, 2011

This is not a scam.
    It's just people that ... they tend to forget when they "swapped their Credit card" for Automated Locker System.

E.g. We went to West Edmonton Mall and next day these charges show up as "SCI VENDING CARTS MISSISSAUGA ON " and "SCI VENDING LOCKERS MISSISSAUGA ON" and I was worried...

Figured out... We (me and my wife along with other friends) we went to water park and rented the lockers (two different lockers at same time in men and women wash rooms) No wonder we got charged twice on Credit Card bill..

Nothing wrong about it... It's funny how easily we forget...

- Hemant

• Th
    ThreeGirls Mar 26, 2011

Did a regular check on my account and saw a 5 dollar charge out. It was very weird and I thought that I had been scammed. But as I read the other comments I realized that I did infact charge a stroller at a local mall for my 2 yr old daughter. I swiped my card almost 2 weeks ago and had completely forgotten about it. The first couple of comments are scary. Especially since the first one said that I should close my account. But Im glad that I kept reading.. Thanks.

• Me
    MellyMel2 Feb 04, 2011

I thought it was fraudulent also. 2 charges for 4 dollars 1 week apart. After some researched I found that this is for the luggage cart at the airport. One when I left for vacation and one when I came home a week later. The charges did not show up for a long length of time after the actual "swipe" occured. This company also rents strollers, massage chairs, etc.

• 1c
    1Concerned Citizen Feb 02, 2011

NOT A SCAM. I have rented lockers at ski resorts and this is how it appears charged in online banking. The problem is that the charges usually appear a week or later so I was suspicious at first too but verified it is correct.

• Ce
    cemendtaur Nov 19, 2010

The title of this page is misleading, especially if people don't read comments down below.
    Rented a luggage cart at the San Jose Airport, on November 8. Got billed almost a week later. It took some time to figure out what the charges were for. Right besides the place where you swipe your credit card to get the luggage cart, it should say "your credit card statement entry would read 'SCI Vending'."
    This is how it appeared in the online statement.
    Original Network Post Date 11/13/2010
    Merchant Zip Code 95110
    Partial Shipment Indicator N

• De
    devildawg Oct 20, 2010

Yeah, it was the all day locker rental at six flags for me. The charge didn't show up for about 3 weeks though so it took a while to figure it out.

• Sm
    smrtgy37 Oct 10, 2010

i went to Islands of Adventure and rented a locker... not a scam

cherrysuper Oct 05, 2010

I was too skeptical when i saw these charges on my account. I rented strollers at the mall and i never got a receipt for it. I totally forgot on my part that i had used my cc for this.
    These charges were marked a week and ahalf later on my account.(My bad!) this is not a scam!!!

• Sm
    smartecarte Aug 19, 2010

This is NOT a scam. SCI Vending is Smarte Carte, Inc. (http://www.smartecarte.com). Smarte Carte, Inc. is the leading concessionaire of self-serve vended luggage carts, electronic lockers, commercial strollers and massage chairs, as well as other passenger and guest services at
    * Luggage cart concessions at airports and major bus/rail stations
    * Electronic locker concessions at transportation centers, amusement/theme parks, indoor and outdoor waterparks, ski resorts and other entertainment venues
    * Stroller concessions at shopping centers, amusement/theme parks and zoos
    * Massage chairs at transportation, shopping and entertainment centers and other commercial venues
    * Cell phone charging and Internet kiosks at airports
    * Long-term baggage storage, baggage wrapping and excess baggage services at airports and major bus/train stations

• Ri
    rienone Aug 05, 2010

This is NOT a scam. They are a company that rent carts/strollers at airports and malls everywhere. The charge for me was 5 bucks and I was suspicious cause it showed up 3 weeks late. I looked up the charge and made the corelation with the stroller at the mall which was exactly 5 bucks.

• Be
    Behemoth Jul 23, 2010

SCI Vending is Smarte Carte Inc (http://www.smartecarte.com/). I received a response from the company to my enquiry with SFO Customer relations where I had rented a luggage cart. The company informed that the description of the charge would appear on CC as "SCI Vending...".

• Bu
    buyerbware2010 Jul 05, 2010

Unusual charge appeared twice on my credit card, citi bank basically stated an actual card swipe occured. we rarely swipe card and 2 different charges for $4 showed up a week apart on our bill. CLOSE YOUR CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT, I believe this is a scam and get a new number. Dispute charges with your bank

SCI VENDING SCAM BEWARE