Savvy College Funding Solutions, Inc.Professional College Counseling Service

K

I hired Debbie Goldstein of Savvy College Funding Solution to guide my son through the college entry process. Her business model did not fit with what we were looking for, which was to determine which schools he was eligible for, and to get assistance in the application and financial aid process. She says that in five years of business, she has never looked at student transcripts, as this is left to the family to determine. This was not clear in either her communication nor was it clear in her contract of services, yet she does print out 20 college profiles which she said he was eligible for, based on unknown information. Her process was completely confusing and misleading. So if you are seeking a college counselor to determine your student’s eligibility for specific schools, this source may not be a good fit for you. This source may be a better fit for a student who already has a good idea of which schools s/he is eligible for. For $2995, we did not receive the personal guidance that we needed. After 3 months of working with Debbie Goldstein, the day she sat with my son to complete his first college application, she was unable to complete the application due to a class he didn’t have. The entire experience was questionable as to what we received for the fee we paid. You need to ask very specific and knowledgeable questions, or find a counselor who will hold yours and your student’s hands through this very detailed process.

• I am sorry that this client had this experience. Our goal is to provide outstanding service for all of your clients.
    However, the above is completely false. The parent refused my offer of a refund, instead sued me in small claims court and I prevailed because the Judge understood that the Plaintiff was lying about the facts. The son lied to her and me regarding his academic profile and (according to the Judge) she could not pay for her son's college and wanted to blame someone other than herself.
    I am more than happy to provide a copy of the judgment and the judge's comments on this case to refute everything that was posted.