savaceCredit Card Fraud

I was trying to find a death certificate for someone. Long story and after many phone calls, I called MyLife.com, and tonight they said I filled out a profile. I told them that in November I had a charge for $14.95 from Intelius. The MyLife rep said Intelius and SavAce (Saving Ace) have links from their (MyLife.com) web site. I do remember signing up for Intelius and canceling it within 10 days.

The rep at MyLife gave to me the phone number to SavAce 888.593.5216. The rep at SavAce said I had purchased their services at the same time I signed up for Intelius.

Believe me, I am a money miser and I would not pay $24.95 a month for saving on purchases I had no intention of making. Unlike Intelius where I saved the confirmation that I signed up with them, I have zip, nada, from SavAce.

Talk about feeling violated. We canceled our credit card after my husband realized last week that SavAce had been billing it since last November. I wish I knew someway to get my money back -- or somewhere to report SavAce's unsavy, and probably illegal, business practices.

• In
    Intelius_Customer_Support Jul 08, 2010

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call [protected] Monday – Friday 5am – 8pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Pa
    Parsie Nov 15, 2009

I have also found charges for the past to months. I have no idea where they got the information to be able to do this. I don't know who they are or why the charges. What is "harley honey"?

• Ny
    nyharleyhoney Oct 12, 2009

This company is putting charges every month on my visa card. My 80 yr old Aunt and I use the Visa card and neither one of this authorized this charge. I have no idea what this is, and if I did inadvertently use it I would have notified them that I don't want it. I know they say it may take a couple of business cycles to remove things but this is ridiculous. From what I see they have pulled the same thing on other people.