Sara FernandezHUMANA error

S

YOUR SYSTEM DID NOT ALLOW THE 2 PDF ATTACHMENTS TO THIS EMAIL

Dear Mr. Broussard,

When employed with Blue Water Doctors in 2015, I was insured with Humana for my health benefits. In November of 2015, I was informed that Blue Water Doctors was once again changing their health insurance provider to Florida Blue and that the new employee policy would be effective December 1, 2015. In December of 2015, I resigned my position and enrolled with Blue Cross Blue Shield through my own Medicare Benefits. Since that time, I have been unable to utilize my own insurance for any doctor's visits or for my prescription meds.

What happens when the provider attempts to confirm eligibility on my Blue Cross Blue Shield policy, is that Humana keeps coming up as the Primary Insurer and I have had to pay out of pocket for all my medical expenses for the last 6 months. On Saturday, I had to pay $336.00 out of pocket for medication related to an ear infection. Frankly, I simply cannot afford to go on like this. I also think it should be illegal in some way for me not to have access to my own health insurance due to an error that Humana committed and has yet to correct.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with Humana and although they always promise they will resolve their error, it never happens. I also complained on one of your Twitter accounts and nothing has come from my Twitter conversation. Out of desperation, I finally decided I would file a complaint against Humana with the state of Florida Department of Insurance.

I have attached the proof of the Humana insurance policy that was active while I was employed with Blue Water Doctors, as well as the Florida Blue policy that followed during the month of December 2015. As is evident on the attached confirmation of insurance, my policy with Humana ended in November of 2015.

I am still a bit hopeful that you can be of assistance with this issue, as my next step will be to hire an attorney and blast Humana in all forms of media available to me. I am a nurse and have worked in the healthcare business for most of my adult life and it offends me to know that a corporation like Humana can be so in-human in their business practices.

Sara Fernandez, LPN
6762 W. SAMPLE RD.
CORAL SPRINGS, FL 33067­4280
Sara Fernandez / Member ID#[protected]
To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is to confirm that Sara Fernandez was enrolled on Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage through Humana.
ORIGINAL EFFECTIVE DATE MEDICAL COPAY PLAN: 12/01/2014 END DATE: 11/30/2015.
ORIGINAL EFFECTIVE DATE OF DENTAL PPO AND VISION PLAN: 12/01/2014 END DATE: 12/31/2015
This is not a guarantee of payment, only a verification of eligibility, as a termination can be retroactive. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information, which is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this letter is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this letter in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or return this letter to the above address via the United States Postal Service.
Sincerely,