The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Santam Insurance — Bad service
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
On the 17/04/2008 my car was broken into, which was left with a fair amount of damage by the destructive thieves. As a policy holder a claim was submitted to Monetco Brokers for the repairs to the damages done. I was directed to an approved place of repair for the work to be carried out on my vehicle. At this point all is well, this approved establishment quote, assessor assess, approved, go ahead, work commences and all is well ¦.. Well?
And here my dilemma begins. On first attempted collection of my vehicle on 26 May 2008, I discovered the following:
1. The L/R door protection is skew and damaged. At first the staff at North City Panelbeaters confirmed that that is a new part. Then they changed their story and confirmed the assessor didnt approve the repair on left front side only the left rear side. They then changed their story and confirmed the part is on back order.
2. The Left front door protection was also skew and damaged and they confirmed that that was the new part they replaced.
3. The kick panel/tow panel was found in the boot, and not where it was suppose to be.
4. The back seat has not been fastened, the car had not bee valet (Which you as a company) has been charged R1500 for.
5. The electronics were not working as there is a button in the car to open the boot from inside. The jack, wheel spanner etc was lying loose in the boot and the list goes on.
The car was left at the Panelbeaters to rectify. On 2nd attempted collection on 29/05/2008, the access of R2000.00 was paid.
I began my journey home where I discovered the following:
1. The license disk is no longer in place, on the window. And staff at North City Panelbeaters confirmed that no one took the licence disk off the window. Then if they didnt where was it then??? I found it in side a owners manual for my vehicle inside the cubby hole.
2. The steering wheel wants to shake itself out of my hands and the motorway.
3. On my arrival my partner (Technician for motor importer and responsible for SABS test of new vehicles) points out that one of each of the wheel nuts is missing.
4. The rotation on the 2 front wheels was incorrect.
5. The wires that were cut upon stealing my radio still was closed up, so live wires were floating around in the dashboard.
I returned my vehicle to the panelbeaters to rectify. No fault of theirs they say after having inspected the car twice before, it was the wheel alignment people.
Wheel alignment??? My vehicle was broken into, radio stolen & rolled back into a pillar. The nature of repairs did not necessitate the removal of wheels, wheel nuts, wheel balancing or even wheel alignment, had reference been made on removal of steering wheel. Al of which it to date still not rectified and all of which was in good order before repairs.
I spoke to Hannes (Assessor) at WJW Assessors to come inspect the vehicle as I had enough fighting with North City Panelbeaters regarding all the problems I found.
We met at North City Panelbeaters on 9 June 2008, I pointed out the following to the assessor:
1. Car light doesnt go on when the passenger door opens.
2. The left front door protection is apparently new, but has bends and damages to it.
3. Plastic screws inside the car that was part of the dashboard is all damaged.
4. The new front right window they replaced is stiff due to the rubber getting stuck.
5. The cars wheel balancing is still not correct.
I was told my Ettiene (MD of North City Panelbeaters) that I as a customer tried to take the left front door protection off and that was the reason it was damaged. I then confirmed to him that on first attempt to collect my vehicle from his establishment, I took photos off all that was wrong on the vehicle. He confirmed that he placed a new front door protection on order and that the front and back door protections will be placed on back order as well as the plastic screws.
I refuse to give this establishment another opportunity to rectify any of their incompetent workmanship in fear of my personal safety and the potential financial loss I risk as a result of their damage to my vehicle. I have attached all photos taken of my vehicle on this long journey for proof of this poor services I received.
This letter comes after much incompetence, lies, cover ups and accusations from your APPROVED repairer. It is just a pity their workmanship doesnt receive the same effort as their excuses.
But please do not take this as a complaint, but rather a suggestion to appoint your approved repairers more carefully.