Sandhurst Apartments - 120 Dundas St.EUnbelievable living condition - Rodents

I moved to Mississauga on August 1st and decided to move into this sad building with boars as managers because I was shown a clean, nice apartment in the beginning but then given a different one. The apartment was very unclean, painting job was horrible to say the least with paint all over the floor and walls weren't done well, no doors in the bedrooms, kitchen cabinets were not done, floors were so dirty and needed replacement (hardwood floor). They would not even let me move in until August 7th because the apartment wasn't ready (it still wasn't on that day either) even though I had no place to go because they assured me to come on August 1st to move in 2 months prior.

My family came from Overseas to live here in August and my sister to go to University and so we decided to reside in Sandhurst Building (120 Dundas St.E). I wrote to TimberCreek about this but no answer. We started finding mice (9 and still counting) in the apartment and I spoke to the building management and even the property management company (Timercreek Asset management) since August 10. They have not done anything to rectify the problem. On October 14 a person came in to insert “Cockroach” traps (he said just in case) and poured liquid poison all over our cups and plates in the upper cupboard where there is no mice access to there. They said its all they can do because alot of other people don't report it and don't care about it.

I don’t think my family should live like this having to wake up to a mouse being caught by traps we inserted, or have to be given excuses all the time by a management that’s unwilling to make this place a safe and habitable place. I am paying rent for nothing, they don't comply with municipal standards of living, the management don't even stay in the office during work hours and just sit outside "drinking pop" and chatting with people, or in their apartments god knows what they're doing.

I attached a picture (Tried to post more, I will try again or ask me to email to you if you want to see them) . You may also see this from another tenant that I found complaining about the same building 120 dundas east , mississauga ,sandhurst apartments — bad management

• Pe
    PercyJones Mar 01, 2010

I lived at the Sandhurst from October 2008 - September 2009 and I COMPLETELY AGREE I was new to Mississauga and I didn't know any better. We moved into the Sandhurst and found the very same problems in our 3 bedroom apartment.
    The unit was disgusting when we arrived. Dirty as heck and some guy walked in while we were in there, without knocking or anything. We found the massive cockroach infestation the day we moved in -- and they didn't know about this?? We went to them and complained and they did nothing. Then came the mice. I went down the first time I found a dead mouse on my floor and asked them to remove it and they laughed at me and said I was a baby and I should do it myself.
    We had someone move in with us and the day they were moving they got accosted by the superintendents (we went through 4 couples of supers while we were there - they were so inept that they kept getting fired). They were yelling and swearing at our new roommate and his parents, using foul language in the main lobby where everyone could see, and for no reason - we were not even at fault!!
    Then about two months before our lease was up (finally!!) they came in to inspect our unit, and then they came in the next week without any notice to do it again. They tore up a 12inch by 12 inch section of our parquet flooring just to "check the status of the floors"... while we still lived there for 2 months.. We complained and they never came to fix it.
    The garbage chute situation was terrible. People that live in this building were so dirty and disrespectful; there was always garbage everywhere; bags of it. So much that they closed down the garbage chute because people just left their garbage in the halls instead of putting it down the chute. And there was constantly urine in the elevators, and spit, and one time there was feces smeared all over the elevator buttons. It was a disgusting place, in a disgusting neighborhood. Be warned.

• Go
    Goofyexponent Apr 19, 2010

Looks like I am not the only one to live in a fresh hell under timbercreek's watchful eye. We moved into our building in 2007, when it was owned by another company at the time. It was nice, quiet and only $550 a month.
    Timbercreek took over some 8 months later and RIGHT off the bat, rent was $625. We then moved from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor and had our own parking spot in the 2nd floor parking garage. I lost that so that the property manager could have a 20 space parking garage for her husband to park hsis plow truck, and for her 2 motorcycles to sit. 23 spaces unavailable to us tennants that REALLY needed a place to park.
    Soon after moving into the 3rd floor, our window leaked (as it has for years prior to us taking over the apartment) and we were told it would be fixed. This went on for two years, until the window was pretty much falling out of the wall. The landlord came in one night unannounced, and started screaming at me saying I made the window come loose, not the 30 years of rain soaked rotting wood? I lost my temper and told her to get the f*** out of my apartment, and she threatened to kick me outta the building. I have not to this day got an apology for that.
    Then they hired some jerked off plowing company to plow our driveway (which is a REALLY steep hill...sometimes I have trouvble blimbing it in my 4x4 diesel F350...that steep!! I had plow gear on my truck and I was constantly hounded to clean up their mess, and that I could have free parking in the garage. I parked in the garage ONE night and got an email complaining of it from the property manager. She is a total bulls*** queen because she said she was "on the property due to complaints of leaking diesel coming from my dump truck/or plow truck". She is lying, because my tandem dump truck is 12 feet tall, parked outside, and would NEVER FIT IN THE 8 FOOT TALL GARAGE!!! LIAR!!! She was never there, rather her husband came by one night when I was leaving and seen my truck pull out and started crying to her...A**HOLE!!!
    Anywho, I lost my parking spot, so I quit plowing this driveway, and got complaints for it all winter long??? Not my problem!
    Then she stuck a junk car up back, that is in the building's name, with no insurance or plates. But when I brought my truck here for a couple days that had been hit on the front end (moderate damage) I had to have it towed RIGHT AWAY...good thing I drove a tandem tiltload tow truck for a living at the time!
    Then the patio door was leaking wind (making it so cold in the winter you could see your breath) forcing us to plug in electric heaters on TOP of the hot water heat...which was never fixed in 2 years. I plugged them in in the hallway, why should I have to use MY power to heat my apartment when it says heat included? I got in s*** for that too.
    Recetly, our neighbour moved in about 6 months ago, and PARTY PARTY PARTY all night and day, slamming doors, screaming, hollering and playing bad music loudly. I am a trucker, so I NEED my sleep for work...did the building manager do anything about that? NOPE. I had to go out after him, and threaten him to make things quiet down. I scared him so it lasted 3 weeks or so, but I had to call the cops on the 15th of this month for the noise...at midnight. We had to come out of our bedroom and sleep on the damn pull out couch to get a night's sleep...I got 4 hours sleep and had to go to work.
    But when i fure up my dump truck at 4 am, I hear EVERY complaint, and was told not to bring my work truck home...WHERE ELSE AM I GOING TO PARK IT?! The gravel pit locks up before I can get the truck back at night?
    Seriously though, if you want to see some pictures and videos of this place that timbercreek manages, email me at [email protected] check my out on facebook.
    I have had my truck broken into by a previous tennant's son (a hooker and they knew it and let her in because it was easy money, human services paid her rent) Even though I went after her to do something, nothing got done.
    When I leave here, I swear to gog I will NEVER rent from timbercreek again. They are a bunch of liars, back stabbers and cowards that won't even tell me something to my face. If I got something to say, I say it.

• On
    onthemove Aug 10, 2010

Please do not live here. Whatever you do, for your own sanity, especially if you have children - DO NOT live here. After 4 years I'm so happy that I've moved away from this hell hole. All these complaints are true. If you're a decent person living in the building and reading this, MOVE OUT NOW. I can't express this enough.

• Ti
    timbercreeksucksdick Aug 31, 2010

Hi There,

I have been living in a Timbercreek apartment building in London ON on Wonderland Road South. The apartment is ok a little dirty and old but it's livable. Since we are talking about filth here, I wanted to bring up a discussion on how often the landlord(s) are suppose to clean the buildings. I'm talking vacuuming the halls, sweeping the entry ways. I think my building is cleaned about 2 times a year. It is extremely filthy. I am not the cleanest person in the world, but this is just disgusting. Dirt everywhere, cob webs in every nook and cranny...BIG COB WEBS. The yard is full of garbage and the main halls smell like [censor] and mr Clean...Not a nice combo.

The reason I came here today is to complain about how rude and crazy the landlords are. It is an older husband and wife couple who run the building. It is only a 3 story walk up so it's not like it's a massive building. After about a month of living there, i ran into a little bit of trouble with the people I had been bringing around the apartment. Once I was warned, I told these people to stay away and they did. Ever since, the landlord couple has been complete little [censor]es around me. I hate living there. It's worse than living at home with mom and dad. You are always being watched and threatened that if you make one small bad move, you'll be evicted or my father will be notified...That is the gayest thing ever. I decided I wasn't going to live in fear and just tell them to go [censor] themselves..

Anwyays TIMBERCREEK ASSET MANAGEMENT IS A PIECE OF [censor] BUSINESS AND I WILL NEVER RENT FROM THME AGAIN AND NEITHER WILL ANYONE ELSE I KNOW.

Keep complaining, Lets get this business shut down.

• Go
    goaheadsuethem Sep 04, 2011

Since a year, Timbercreek own a 26 stories two building complex in Longueuil Quebec name Port de Mer. From day one they been there, it get dirtier every day. They cut cleaning and it is now smells garbage everywhere. They don’t sweep and clean the floor and elevator on a regular base. Some days it might be dangerous to touch door handle and elevator button just to tell you how now dirty it is. New younger tenants had started to live there to party more and more and there is now some graffiti on walls and the management team does nothing to stop this tread. They have a cheap salary movement team in place that don’t help to solve problems and don’t know how to take care of an old building like this one that need renovation and continuous education approach to residents to get them involve to find common solution to noise, garbage and odor problem. Good tenant are running out of the place and there is a rumor about a massive pursuit on Timbercreek for this fall. There is now major renovation on garage floor and critical structural parts and these building and these fellows are probably giving contract to lower and cheapness construction Company proposal. One day that would be not surprising to see the whole 26 floors building collapse. There is to many chef for a little amount of workers and simple thing take month for nothing getting lost in continuous paper work. For report and requisition they’re a bunch of professional. If I could give you a good advice, never move into one of their building in Quebec or anywhere else. The only thing you will find there is problem that comes with a higher than average rent price.

• St
    steveinottawa Feb 27, 2012

I live at 2900 carling in Ottawa. Management was dishonest from the moment my lease was signed. I have tried almost daily since early December (it is now Feb 27th) to contact regional or senior management. Property is poorly kept, elevators work 50% of the time, building is not "renovated" in any way shape or form as they advertise. Animal feces and urine is common both on the grounds and in the stairwells / elevators (and not in small amounts as would occasionally happen). Local (building management) basically comes and goes as they please and do not provide required notice to enter your apartment. While these guys (Timbercreek) are not as bad as some management companies I have heard of they are certainly not good by the standard of a "normal" person.