The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Sallie Mae — High interest rate and taking money
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Sallie Mae loaned my son the first loan at 3.25% interest that lasted for 3 semesters. When we applied for $4700.00 with me as a co-signer with an excellent credit rating, they upped the interest rate to 11.25%. Which he will own $14, 700.00 for the $4700. They are getting federal assistants but are charging uncalled for interest rates. DeVry where my son goes only offeres Sallie Mae and signs people up as quickly as they can.
In July I paid the $4700 note off. Now I just have the one loan that I co-signed but when I sent then $300.00 in August they didn't apply the money to the loan that my name is on. I have called and e-mailed them about this problem and they say they will get it fixed but so it will be November and nothing yet. I told them that they cashed my check for August and took the money but didn't apply it to my only account. Now they want me to send them a copy of the check both front and back.
This is not a bank this is some kids playing at being a bank and causing problems with a lot of peoples money. The government needs to step in and straighten this problem against the America people out.
More Sallie Mae Complaints & Reviews
- Sallie Mae - Student loans
- Sallie Mae - Scams, scams and more scams
- Sallie Mae Financial Services - Billing statements not sent!
- Sallie Mae - Private Loan Forbearance
- Sallie Mae - Scam and cheating!
- Sallie Mae - Liars and Have a Monopoly
- Sallie Mae - Worst Customer Service
- Sallie Mae//chase Bank - Cotinues of calls at home and at work
- Sallie Mae - Terrible service!
- Sallie Mae - They took my money