SalesForce.comsalesforce - professional edition - system cannot auto check if a contact is already in the system

P

Dear Madam, Sir,
please find below my latest of many emails I sent to find a solution for my problem.
I honestly am extremely frustrated and I feel mislead by the people who recommended salesforce for my small company, as people who claim to offer solutions - a company called cloud solutions - and my contacts at salesforce who no longer seem interested in a proactive approach - see below email history.

Dear Khun Kanison and Marisa,

I do not understand why I do not get any further support or answers to my questions?
As you are aware we engaged “cloudsolutions” – Khun Som-o, to adapte our salesforce to my company’s specific needs.
From the outset I had questions about salesforce as I run a very small company: we even do not have salesreps, just two salespeople who work from my office. Both you guys and them suggested Salesforce would be ideal for us and the Professional edition would be perfect for a small company as mine.

With Som-o we decided not to use leads any longer, and just work with business contacts – see attached screenshot.
We would create an opportunity whenever a possible client pops-up, either via walk-in, contact by email, referral, or via our site.

Together with Trent from Kite-creations - who built our site - we linked our site to salesforce:
Any request from the site, be it a specific “I am looking for’ request or a catalogue download, or a price-list request would then be picked-up by salesforce for us to follow up.

As it turns out Salesforce does not check whether that contact is already in the system or not?
This very much to my surprise, as this seems to be a crucial check to ensure database remain consistent.

As a small company I pay 2000 USD per year to use salesforce.
But I am told my ‘professional’ edition, does not allow ‘Coding” to let salesforce check if a request via our site is made by someone who is already in the system?
I find it astonishing a simple query like “if email address x is already in the system, add request to that account, if not create new business-account” is not included in the professional edition.
This means that when we not every time we want to add data to our salesforce we always have to use the built-in dupe-checker or install a third-party app?
How can SF call this a ‘Professional’ edition?

@Khun Kanison and Maria: in many emails I have asked two questions:
-what is the upgrade cost to ‘Enterprise’
- who at salesforce can I contact to address this problem?

You now both ignore me because you don’t like what I write, I find this very unprofessional and you give me no choice than to find a person at Salesforce who will listen to my – I believe pertinent – remark.
I am not sure how you would feel if you had to shell out 2000 USD a year being a small company and finding out after you invested 25000 USD to build a site, invest in salesforce, pay cloudsolution consultants, that your new, modern, up-to-date ‘solution’ does not even allow a simple: is contact x already in the system’-check?

I look forward to your reply.
With very frustrated regards,

www.ptendercool.com | [protected]@ptendercool.com
http://ptendercool.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/FB.png http://ptendercool.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/PIN.png http://ptendercool.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/YT.png http://ptendercool.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IG.png http://ptendercool.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Gplus.png

Date: Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 3:18 PM
To: Kanison Premprasert
Cc: Marisa Amornsupasiri

Dear Khun Kanison,
I redirect to you as I do not get a satisfactory reply from Marisa.

When my clients have a problem with our products I do all immediately to help them out.
This is called client service and helps build my company
Salesforce is a multinational company
I believe with the luxury of too many clients so you stop caring if you loose a few…

How many times have it ask for a reply to my questions?

This is getting ridiculous: you know I am getting angrier with the day and still you don’t answer my questions…

Perhaps you can answer them?

With crossed fingers,

Date: Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 7:41 AM
To: Marisa Amornsupasiri
Cc: Kanison Premprasert

Hi Maria,

Please update me in below email
I requested contact if someone higher up at SF
And a quote for the upgrade to enterprise with the coding included, for 3 users.
Thanks

On Jun 6, 2017, at 11:05, Pieter Compernol wrote:

Dear Maria,

You said you spoke with K Som-o.
This means you should be aware that to simplify sales force we only work with business contacts and opportunities.
From day one I said I wanted SF to register requests from my site.
I even changed my website to only one contactform as this was reauired bu Cloudindustries.
It cannot be nuclear physics to have a small code run: check if email 1 or email 2 is already in SF, if so: add to existing record…”
I pay 8000 THB a month for this, and my system cannot handle this most logical of requests…

And for the hundredth time: I AM NOT OK TO CHECK FOR DUPES MYSELF!!!
As system which costs a small fortune should have this automated dup check, if not it is a RIP-OFF.

I am asking you one things: to contact me with some-one high up with SF

I need this solved and I don’t want third party software

Please make this happen
Best
Pieter

PS I still did not get the costs involved if I should consider the upgreade, or choosing to forget SF altogether….
From: Marisa Amornsupasiri
Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Dear Pieter,

Please understand that "contact" and "leads" in Salesforce are different.

Your issue is lead duplication caused by someone registers/sign up on your website, so new lead is created automatically from web-to-lead function. So you have multiple duplicated leads because they sign up using the same email address that you already have in your salesforce, either in "leads" or "contacts". I understand that this is your main issue, is that still correct?

If you want to prevent duplicated lead by minimizing or preventing the same email address to be registered more than once, we have to code the system to perform a set of action.

But if you are ok to check existing leads/contacts in the system when you receive new leads, then u can do it manually by searching in your Salesforce. And merge the leads/contacts manually to minimize the duplication https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gpkuAAA. And it does not require any upgrade.

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 20:24 Pieter Compernol wrote:
What is the he cost for this?
And I will advertise this truly scandalous feature:
Sf in 'Professional edition' does not allow to check if a contact is already in the system

You can say whatever you like
This is simply OUTRAGEOUS!!!

On Jun 5, 2017, at 19:11, Marisa Amornsupasiri wrote:

Dear Pieter,

Unfortunately Professional Edition really does not support coding. So to solve the lead duplication by coding, you will have to upgrade to Enterprise Edition, as I shared in earlier email.

I understand your frustration but the advice that Cloud Industry is the same advice as I received from our internal expert as well.

Myself and Cloud Industry are committed to make sure that Salesforce works out well for your business, and achieve your goals. And we believe that the suggested solution is the best fit for your issue.

Let me how you would like to progress.

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 20:01 Pieter Compernol wrote:
They said they can't code in my package
And I cannot believe I have to upgrade my package for the most basic of database functionalities: check if a contact exists in the system before you add data/create record

Please investigate as I am truly fed up always being redirected to other parties...

On Jun 5, 2017, at 18:03, Marisa Amornsupasiri wrote:

Dear Pieter,

The coding needs to be done by Salesforce developer, so this case would be Cloud Industry.

Basically, they need to code the system to detect the lead's mobile number or email address; and prevent the new lead to be created. However, I do not know the exact code or how to execute it.

Hope it clarifies!

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 18:07 Pieter Compernol wrote:
Dear Khun Marisa,

Thank you for your reassuring reply.
Can you please elaborate on your option: can I ask for the coding to be done?
I would need exactly what you describe: “…we can code the system to not create new lead when the same email address or telephone number is used.
How do we proceed to do this?

Looking forward to finally solve this issue
With hopeful thanks,

From: Marisa Amornsupasiri
Date: Monday, June 5, 2017 at 4:03 PM
Cc: Ornpreeya Sangsuk, Trent Kite Email

Dear Pieter,

Please to e-meet you! And please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

It is unfortunate to hear that Salesforce is not working out as well as you expected. I have spoken with Khun Som-O to understand the history, what are the issues; and discuss the solutions with our internal expert.

I was informed that leads duplication is the main issue for your Salesforce; and the best solution to solve it is by coding. To illustrate, we can code the system to not create new lead when the same email address or phone number in salesforce is used to register/sign up for new catalog. Instead, their new activity on your website will be store on the existing lead. Or we can code to automatically update the newly submitted lead as duplicated (or other status) when there is existing lead with the same email address or phone number. However, it is achievable only on Enterprise Edition.

Alternatively, you can use 3rd party tool that Khun Som-O recommended earlier to solve lead duplication issue.

Currently your salesforce is Professional Edition; and you can find your invoice at the Application Menu (upper right corner) -> Checkout -> Invoices (top menu choice). You must have checkout enabled on your profile.

Thank you.

Marisa Amornsupasiri
Corporate Sales Manager
M: +[protected] (TH) +[protected] (SG)
Email: marisa.[protected]@salesforce.com

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Pieter Compernol wrote:

Dear Khun Kanison, and Khun Marisa,

Can you PLEASE reply asap.
As you may have understood by know I am very disappointed and frustrated to hear that after spending 1 million baht on my system between site, salesforce, outlooksubscriptian and consultants that
My salesforce pacjage does not support checking if a record already exisits in the system.

Can you please get back to me with a solution?
And please give me the exact deatails of the salesforcepackage we are subscribing too?
And who do we have to contact to get copies of our invoices?

So please take some moments and reply to me asap

Date: Friday, June 2, 2017 at 3:13 PM
To: Kanison Premprasert
Cc: Marisa Amornsupasiri, Ornpreeya Sangsuk, Trent Kite Email

Dear Khun Marisa and Khun Kanison,

I find myself in a frustrating situation.
CC’d here is Khun Som-0 from cloudindustry who has fitted our salesforce to my company needs
And mr. Trent, who built our websiste.

As a client my brief to all was to organize an integration between my emailclient - OFFICe 365 - my website and salesforce.
I spent a lot on all of you.
In reality, after all this$$$, salesforce creates duplicates for every request the same client makes via this site…

Khun Som-o wrote: …”I've tested submitting catalogues on your website and discussed with Khun Diew (Kite's Web Developer) -- This is my feedback.
After redecorated your website, this will help your customer a lot when he/she want to submit for multiple catalogues at one time.
So this will reduce duplicated Business Contact on your Salesforce.
But this won't help prevent duplicated Business Contact from website.
Just like we get back to when we and Matthew were discussed before.
(Email Ref - Subject: Re: Update= ongoing issues- can we adapt site? Date: March 31, 2017)

I would have to say this duplication issue is about Salesforce and I've to suggest the same best solutions for your environment,
which Upgrading your Salesforce Package and Using the 3rd Party Tool that you rejected after demonstration.
Previously, during the training with Khun Vora and Khun Jakkris on April 4, 2017.
I was suggested them to temporary using Salesforce report to filtered the duplicated business contacts,
if there's any duplicated then manually merged them.
This help you not to click 'Find Duplicates' button every single business contact but just only the business contact in the duplicated lists.
Please choose which solution is suite you well….”

Khun Kanison and Khun marisa,
Please advise asap on this case as I am getting really frustrated: all in all I spen over 1 million baht on all of you togetherand I hear my system cannot check when a client makes a request if that client is already in our database or not! I cannot imagine that all of you find this normal????

I look forward to hearing from you

Cheers

From: Kanison Premprasert
Date: Friday, June 2, 2017 at 1:42 PM
Cc: Marisa Amornsupasiri

Hi Pieter,

Marisa will be your Account Manager. Please feel free to contact her at +[protected] and email as cc.

Warmest,

Kanison

Sent from mobile. Apologies for abbreviation or misspelling.

On 2 Jun 2017, at 2:39 PM, Pieter Compernol wrote:

Dear Khun Kanison.

May I ask you to whom we should direct our questions regarding salesforce.
P.Tendercool has been a client for a while, but I do have some questions I would like to discuss.

Please advise asap