Complaints & Reviews

did not deliver what was promised.

I signed a contract with Salesforce.com im May of 2010 for 50+ users of Salesforce.com Enterprise. I did thi...

non-existent customer service

This company's customer service is lamentable.

They are super-attentive when trying to seal the deal - I can only assume a brutal incentive plan - but after the event you might as well be talking to a different company. Don't expect them to do what they say they will, expect them miss any deadlines they give you (by weeks), and even when they're clearly at fault and have caused you loss, don't for one minute expect any recompense.

It's a short-termist strategy, because my company is growing at a triple-digit rates and now I'm going to take my business elsewhere.

Salesforce is an old-fashioned SAAS business and given how much it charges for its core product - basically a fairly basic database with virtually no innovation to the main CRM part for a decade - I think we can expect a slow demise. Its customers and leadership are old and you can tell from its products.

cancelation

Salesforce.com is a nice service, but they make it pretty much impossible to cancel and their customer...

failure to perform

My small business uses salesforce as a crm - sold to me as a hands off 'software as a service"no hardware to buy - no software upgrades - easy to add users (Employees) they keep your data safe etc.

Well my salesforce database had a problem (Not necessarily their fault) but beware friends - they do not have a quick back up solution for you - they got very weird and unresponsive when I needed my data restored to a provious date and time - like they didnt know what I was talking about - then they offered to help me out for $10, 000.

I was never offered a data backup plan - as an"add" - so caveat emptor - their service works great when it works - but I guess they really don't keep your data stored.

I'm currently out of business waiting for salesforce to get my data back up and running - I won't rely on them again.

• Bu
    Business Customer Jun 15, 2012

This company has dubious sales practices and no regard for its customers other than to get their money.

• Be
    BeaverBoy Jun 15, 2012

Can you be more specific regarding what went wrong perhaps?

customer service

I paid for an account and now I need a login reset and it's taken weeks. I had to fax and email them a form and once I did my part they disappeared and of-course it's because they already have my annual fee. I've emailed my sales agent and the company's contact form and there has been NO response, BEWARE OF SALES FORCE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

sales team

SalesForce.com's Sales Team made my decision for me -- I will never recommend nor purchase their product. Their focus is "sealing the deal" vs. understanding the needs of their prospective and existing customers. My experience: 1) the sales person contacted me 8-10 times over the period of 1 business day -- by office phone, cell phone and email (my conclusion: their sales team is disrespectful of other people's time); 2) when I provided the sales person with 6 reasons why the software wouldn't work for my business (via email), he responded several hours later, asking me how the evaluation was going (my conclusion: he chose to ignore my concerns); 3) later in the day he insisted that I call him to discuss the software, at which time I told him that using email would be a more effective use of my time since I was buried with work, he wrote: "OK well we will part ways as friends because I was going to walk you through created custom fields which would answer the majority of your questions." (my conclusion: if he could have solved my software concerns, he would have indicated as much in email -- he really wanted me to call him back so he could either try and sell me a more expensive SalesForce.com solution or tell me every reason why I should still buy their product even though it wouldn't work for my business.) My SalesForce.com experience was abysmal. I did call and asked to speak to the person's Manager. SalesForce.com took my name and phone #. We'll see if they call me back.

cancellation

Was pestered by Salesforce to sign up for 6mths, I explained we were unsure of it and was told we could cancel if not satisfied. We had a BRIEF look at it and decided it was not for us, DID NOT upload any clients nor use the service at all!!! They are now trying to persue us for ONE YEARS revenue!!! Poor Attitude to clients, try to LOCK YOU IN, disgusting tactics - I URGE you NOT TO USE THIS SERVICE!!!

worst customer service ever

Probably the worst company i have ever worked with. Once you pay for your order don't plan on talking to...

salesforce.com insensitive during final crisis to small businesses

We have been a customer of Salesforce.com for almost 3 years now. Until now we have always advocated to all...

billing

This company and their billing is ridiculously deceptive. I paid for a one-year subscription to Salesforce.com a little over a year ago, for the price of $99 plus tax, for a single user. I also purchased another Salesforce account for a co-worker/friend for $99 dollars. He ended up leaving the company and the account has not been used since October of 2009. You have already read this, but Salesforce does put you on auto-billing. I was unaware of that. Although I am sure I was notified one year ago, the honest and non-deceptive method would be to notify me via email that both subscriptions are about to expire, therefore I will be charged for both accounts. There was not a notification.
After realizing that I was billed for both, and there was no need for the second account, I contacted them via telephone for a re-reimbursement of funds charged for the second account. The lady on the phone was very apathetic towards my concerns and made it sound like it would be taken care of, no problems! Yeah right! I was contacted and said they were looking into it. On 06/17/2010 I received an email from Adriana Vasquez with an invoice attached that was supposed to show how I was charged for the two account renewals. Keep in mind, every email I receive from them states "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL". The attachment she sent, was BLANK! Though this email did not have the statement, most others state "contact your customer rep w/any questions". You do not get a rep for the $99 dollar package. You obviously do not even get the option to reply to any of their emails. I am sick of wasting my valuable time and money with this crooked and deceptive company. I will go to the BBB and the FTC. I feel that they may be in violation of federal law and will take all necessary actions to ensure this does not happen to others. BEWARE OF SALESFORCE!

P.S. I have attached the "detailed" invoice that Ms. Vasquez sent to me. Yes, it was blank when it came to me as well.

Salesforce

outlook connect

Salesforce allows the user to connect its Microsoft Outlook to it. A couple of months ago I lost this connection. I have spent the last two months on the phone for hours, responding to emails, to try to fix this small problem. Unfortunately I need it fixed. The latest is that I was assured that it would be fixed in 48 hours and 5 days later it isn't. It is hours and hours of my time. I get asked to try the same things over and over again because they don't compare their case notes.

I'm not impressed.

billing

If you go with SalesForce, you better be in it for the long haul. Even if you sign up for quarterly billing, there is no way to cancel. The minimum contract length is one year, and even if you decided that you don't like after 2 months, you will have to pay for the remaining 10 months.

Why?

Because the investors would not be happy. To SalesForce, investors are more important than customers. I quote one of their sales reps:

"I understand your frustration and wish that there was more that I could do. I'm sure you can appreciate that you are not the only company who has asked us for special consideration to get out of a contract early. However, as a public company our auditors and investors would not be happy if we granted this wish to you and other companies who are requesting to back out of their commitment. This hurts our company as well when contracts are not fulfilled and ultimately renewed. "

I think this sums it up pretty nicely. We will definitely never use their services anymore, as we now have to pay for their service for another 9 months even though we're not using it.

Well, at least the investors are happy.

• Om
    Omar Kassim Sep 13, 2009

I just posted the following comment on another Salesforce.com complaint, without realising that there was a complaint identical to the issue that we are facing! Just for completness:

I am having difficulties with cancelling my existing Salesforce.com contract. While I cannot shy away from the fact that we should have in hindsight read the small print, for all practical purposes - not many people do (credit cards anyone?).

I think it's only fair that a firm that so clearly advertises itself on providing access on a per month, per user basis should allow it's customers to exit on a per user, per month basis.

I've written a little more about this issue on my blog - http://www.omarkassim.com/2009/09/12/salesforce-com-no-refund-can-i-sell-my-license/

If I can't get a refund, can I sell my license?

• Za
    Zarknail Jun 07, 2010

Agreed. Salesforce.com is the worst! No only do you have to read the fine print, but you have to assume that they will enforce every last comma and period, even (or especially) since their product and service are so abyssmal.

We also tried to get out of our contract at the very beginning (within a few days of signing). They held our feet to the fire, implying a lawsuit if we tried to cancel. That was over two years ago. We stuck with this very expensive, very user-unfriendly system until our contract was up. But then it got even worse! Our newest sales rep (our third or fourth in two years) said that we didn't have to renew, and would go on a month-to-month basis. I said that would work while we looked for a replacement CRM. Next thing I knew, they charged our credit card for the next 6 month period. I called asked for an explanation of the charge. I got and invoice and a new contract. I explained that we hadn't agreed to that, but were expecting a month-to-month basis. He then explained that they didn't actually have monthly billing, only quarterly. The renewal contract had an expiration date three years in the future. I emailed back saying we weren't going to sign a new 3-year contract. He said "You aren't singing a new contract" (his exact words). I mistakenly took that to mean that we weren't signing a new contract. What he meant was that if we did not sign a new contract, the terms of our old contract remain in place. Several months of going back and forth (after cancelling completely and finding a new vendor) and now they are using the "sorry, but we can't backdate anything, we have to enforce our contracts or the investors will be unhappy" line of reasoning. If I was an investor, I would be very unhappy that their short-sightedness in product quality and customer service will be the ruin of the company in the long-term. With Salesforce.com, you can't assume that fair and reasonable will prevail. You have to assume their one-sided contract will prevail.

Only CRM vendors with great products and great customer service ALL have month-to-month arrangements with their customers. None of the good providers require long-term contracts because they don't need to: customers love the product so much that they stick with it for years. Salesforce is definitely NOT in that category.

Run, don't walk, away from Salesforce.com

• Ho
    hoozmad Dec 04, 2012

Did you find a way to deal with the unfair corporate bullying from Salesforce...I can't believe they get away with it...can't we refer to an ombudsmentor something, or have you heard of anyone taking them to small claims court to challenge the contract...

• L8
    L8ER Jan 10, 2013

Curious to know exactly how you all got out of the saleforce contract? We haven't even used a service we thought we would need and they won't budge on contract. Why should we pay for something we are not using and never have used? There has to be a way to get out of this. Any suggestions? They are bullies!

scam

Why can't you cancel your order after two days of using salesforce and you don't like it? I used...

billing/support

Salesforce is very sneaky in presenting their service to the business public. Their billing is deceptive;...

unauthorized charges

We signed a contract with salesforce.com on 03/27/08 which was a 3 month contract for $1, 125.00. We did not...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices