Sakae SushiCustomer service

We dined at sakae sushi bugis junction on monday, july 30.
We were seated in the booth but the seat was dirty and sticky. i requested a napkin from the staff so that I could clean it, but the rude and unprofessional waiter just stretched his hand across me and used his dirty cloth to quickly wipe the seat which located inside of the booth.

And for your information, one of the staff was sweeping the floor while we were dining. It was 9:40. If they were not holding a Sakae Sushi name, I would comprehend this action. But they are a branded chain japanese restaurant located at Bugis Junction mall. Where is their professionalism and restaurant manner? Where is their respect to their customers?

The manager and one of the staff were standing 1 meter behind us and chit chatting loudly in their dialect (again, lack of professionalism). Then we realized that they kept looking at us while talking while looking at us. Later, Feeling utterly disturbed and disrespected, we asked the manager what all that look was all about. She answered "I was asking my colleague if you need anything." The truth is none of your staff came to our table to ask if we needed anything. But instead, they just carried on with their conversation as if they were having their break time. The manager failed at her job.

And another staff's cell phone rang loudly while he was changing our condiment bottles. He then answered the phone and sat at the booth behind us.

We lost our patience while we were paying our bill. One after another misconduct from your staff was really getting to us. The cashier mentioned that we had 5 color plates, we said nicely that we only took 4 plates from the conveyor belt, and the rest was ala carte order, and that he should have the record. His reaction was so bad, he answered "if you say 4 then fourrrr". We insisted we would pay for what we had and requested him to check it again.
His attitude was again, extremely bad, he kept saying something means "if you say so then so be it".

And best of all, none of them offered an apology to us until we had to return to the restaurant because the cashier did not give us our paid receipt.

Let me be clear, i understand Sakae Sushi restaurant is more casual and i don't expect white tablecloth service, but it is still should be competent service, and the waiters should know what they are doing.
A well-manage restaurant should have educated and well trained staffs.

More Sakae Sushi Complaints & Reviews

Sarah6382 Apr 23, 2017

We pratonised Bugis Junction sakae sushi, this incident happened to us. This took place on 23rd April 2017 Sunday, evening.

The chair was dirty and had food pieces, I requested for the staff to clean up but she stood there, no movement. I had to look at her again and point the food pieces for her to notice and mention that the chair is dirty.

HOWEVER, she just stood there after acknowledging the rubbish!!

What on Earth?!

What am I missing out? Is it not the staff's responsibility to ensure cleanliness of the place, which includes plates, glasses, tables tops, seats and floor?

Why do I need to inform her the third time?

Well. This time I nicely asked for for a serviette (napkin), guess what? She handed me a wet tissue, for me to clean it up MYSELF. Most importantly, her tone of speech, attitude towards us, and her facial expression conveyed unhappiness towards my request.

Come on, in the end I did YOUR job, shouldnt u thank me? Where are your manners!!!

(Just a note that while all this happened i didnt not attempt to even sit down since the seat was dirty. Is it not common sense for her to have the place cleaned up instead of making the customer stand there and requested for the food pieces to be remove, not once or twice, by thrice and in 3 different ways?!!! I am getting up outraged as I am sharing this)

So...
    Is there any reason for us to go back?
    Absolutely not
    Completely no reason to go back
    Zero service even from the staff that has a name tag saying "supervisor".

I am wondering why this outlet is still around

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices