Safewayblueberries, raspberries, blackberries / sat. sept 28,2019

In store and in the newspaper, Safeway advertises, "Buy 1, Get 2 FREE" on the above berry selection. NO where on the sign in front of the berries or in the ad does it state that the promo is for ALL berries collectively. When I reached checkout I was told that I could only have one of the berries at the promo price and was charged full price for the other berry choices I made. This is the second time that I have brought this to the attention of management in the store, telling them that they need to put up a sign with the berries that is more clear in what the consumer can get or not get with the promo. I was told last time that they agreed it was misleading and they would take action. Today at the checkout, the sales associate told me that the signs and ad were misleading, but yet he did nothing. I asked to speak with the manager and he said, "Oh, she's around here somewhere". After waiting for him to get her to come over, I finally left.

I am cognizant that I am only talking about "berries" here, but it is unacceptable that this large food chain can continue to have misleading advertising with no consequence. I trust that you will be able to do something about this. I am sure that it is probably happening in other places other than Tucson, AZ.

Li