RunLocal LocksmithUnauthorized billing

R

This company claims that they will beat any price and says they charge only $29 for a re-key. Then they get to your house. For me they charged $29 for the service call, $169 for new installation, $188 for two new locks, a re-key charge of $65, and labor for $75. I'm a young woman, living on her own and was unsure what the price should be so I did pay it.

I understand that my money has gone down the drain, but I think these people need to be put out of business and reported so that others do not get taken advantage of like me. This economy is hard enough to survive in, but to have people like this thriving off of it by scamming innocent people is not right.

• Bu
    burnedbad Jun 12, 2009

Very bad company. Fraudelent.
    Locksmith pockets large sums of money, uses cheap locks and company doesn't back up any offers.

• J
    J... Sep 19, 2009

I agree. Do like we did and call the state and federal authorities.

• John. A. Simmer Oct 05, 2010

I have taken services from them they are good and efficient in services. Run Local Locksmith are good in delivering the services on the specified time and in reasonable cost

• John. A. Simmer Oct 05, 2010

Excellent services at reasonable cost what else you can ask for http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/

James Canada Nov 01, 2010

I seriously feel that it's really wrong on your part to put such negative comments which are entirely baseless and without any concrete facts. To spread rumors is not good.They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.I hope you all will again take there services some day and appreciate there technicians some day. Run local Locksmith has awesome services to offer for all!!!

• De
    Deborah Allen Nov 02, 2010

As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. I had used there services and highly influenced by there performance. They are best in there work. I know Run Local Locksmith are best in there work, as i had self experienced it. Run Local Locksmith has a awesome services. I took services from them just a month back and it was the best services i could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security neRun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying they are awesome in services offered Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .

Richard Collins Nov 02, 2010

Excellent Services !! Run Local Locksmith .I agree with the services offered by Run local locksmith are great and worth the amount spend . They offer a variety of services at reasonable cost with a lot of efficiency and in specified time. They offer Lock installation, lock repair, and installation of all types of locks. They carry locks for all of your security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of your job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. Now these charges as you said are too high are generally levied by any locksmith company. This is a reasonable and normal cost in keeping this consideration that the services are too great.

Richard Collins Nov 03, 2010

There technicians are highly trained and driving a fully equipped locksmith vehicle and ready to meet the needs of any job at your home. Whether you have lockout situation, need to change locks or re key your locks; Once you call Run local locksmith,  there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices. Call them today for all your residential locksmith needs. Homeowners, more and more, are using door hardware to make a quality statement about their home. Run Local can help you make a great first impression, starting at the front door and continuing throughout the house, while offering the best security a homeowner can buy. If you’ve just purchased a new house then you don’t know how many keys are out there. Don’t trust your property to the previous owner’s lock sets. Perhaps a babysitter, maintenance person or almost anyone could have the keys to your new home.

• De
    Deborah Allen Nov 03, 2010

To spread rumors is not good. They have clearly mentioned in there website http://www.run-local-locksmith.com/ that the charges $19 are service charges of technician going to someone's place then other charges are based on the services and type of Installation. I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . They are good in services and there technicians are very well experienced. If money is not much concern and you are looking for great services, professional services they are apt to serve you then. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the websites. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

James Canada Nov 08, 2010

Run local locksmith offers a complete and comprehensive array of security solutions for all types of businesses; whether it is an entire corporate offices building or a small store front, they do it all.
    We customers know they rest assure while they take care of our business security offering reliable service at extremely competitive Rates. Run local locksmith technicians arrive to any job well equipped with the latest modern technology to service customers at the most efficient and professional way. Run local locksmith provides fast, efficient and affordable quality industrial service. They provide industrial door locks and door hardware installation. Their company handles repairs, and security solutions for businesses, institutional buildings, warehouses, condos, office buildings, hotels and motels, restaurants and other institutions with door hardware from the leading lock manufacturers in the market. Run Local Locksmith's fast, friendly, dependable professional technicians will provide you with the most professional service for affordable price.

Richard Collins Nov 09, 2010

• Do
    Donnie Vashir Nov 09, 2010

A disgrace to cheat a person that is in need. This is a company that needs be reported to authoirities.

• Roxy Rosy Nov 09, 2010

They have best services to offer. I have checked they are acclaimed by BBB accredited business and also in list of llinois dept of financial and professional regulation License section. They are professional licensed, bonded and insured! They offer lock installation, lock repair, and installation of locks with pick-proof cylinders. They carry low, medium, and high security locks for all of your security rerun local locksmith residential services include; House lockouts, Install, repair or replace all locks, Re-key of all types of locks., High security locks installed, Key less entry locks installed, Cabinet locks, gun and file cabinets can be re keyed or changed, Safe combinations changed, Garage door locks can be re keyed or changed, Mailbox locks and keys installed or changed. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.

• Shirley Hall Nov 10, 2010

I seriously do not have a clue about why everyone is criticizing the services of run Local locksmith . I took services from them just a week back and it was the best services I could ever get. The team was so humble and wonderful in cooperation and the charges levied were exactly explained to us and the same are visible on the website.

Best Services are offered by them presently I have even given there reference to some of my friends living in here are one of them called me saying that the team is too good in delivering services and very efficient and knowledgeable in the area of expertise.

I am really really happy . I hope if you people take there help now probably it would be best . Try them once [protected]

• Aaron Rodgerss Nov 11, 2010

U r right shirley hall. They carry locks for all of our security needs. They charge a $19 service fee for every customer visit they make. The total cost of our job will depend on the services rendered as labor plus materials purchased along with the $19 service call. They have great prices with great customer service and you benefit from there fantastic 15-minute response time, which is the time from which your call is received until the time that your locksmith is dispatched. Run Local has been providing innovative security solutions for schools, hospitals, hotels, condominiums and a host of other commercial companies. Today, Run Local is at the forefront of cutting-edge technology such as biometrics and high security locks. Providing a wide range of products, styles and finishes, Run Local can install what you need. In addition, they stand behind every lock we install with some of the best after-sales service in the business. They offer a 6 month warranty on new locks.

• Pam Singh Nov 12, 2010

Why all you are panic so much. Sometimes it happened with all. We always go with some mis-understandings. Sometimes we had bad experience also. That does not mean that you all people make panic and blame to them. If they work for your safty, they must charged you the amount, and u must pay to them. We had also a good experience with these guys. As they had opened my store room with was locked from inside. They worked for 30 min and finally opened the door. So I don't think that there is any means of panic. They are here for our help, not for blaming.

• Shirley Hall Nov 26, 2010

This is really a disgusting. People challanging the work of run local locksmith. People should understand that every work done, must be charged. Their amount is not so much. They only charge the quality of work done. As per my suggesion Run Local Locksmiths are best in there services. I had used there services and highly influenced by there performance. Whether you are a domestic or commercial customer, they have a perfect locksmith solution for you. They are proud to drive our costs down to serve you more efficiently.
    They offer a 90-day guarantee on all of our work.Again I conclude by saying that they are best in there services.

• John. A. Simmer Dec 01, 2010

Once you call Run local locksmith, there professional locksmith will arrive your home with the fastest response time, and he will explain the newest types of locks to you and make recommendations based on your unique needs-customer satisfaction guarantee! At Run local locksmith they offer high-security products for your home using the most advanced technology at affordable prices.

Richard James Dec 17, 2010

The keys of my BMW got locked inside it accidently. I used the internet to find who can open its door without any damage. The first few calls to the service providers were either transferred to the automated voice recorders or were not responded at all, which I found quite strange. Run Local Locksmith not only took the call at 2 in night but also sent the expert automobile locksmith within next 25 minutes.

• Ak
    akirasimpson23 Feb 16, 2011

Run Local Locksmith provides services in snowy conditions, warms up hearts

I was at my friend’s place, some 50 km away from my home, when it began to snow heavily and, being busy in the party, I forgot that my car is parked outside. When I came to the car to drive back home, I found that the ignition and the transponder keys of the switch of my car was not working. I found the run-local locksmith from my mobile and asked them to send a specialist for the same. I wondered whether any one would be coming in these weather conditions. To my pleasant surprise, he did turn up ion the next 30 minutes and changed the keys for me. Though I still could not go back home, I appreciate the sense of commitment of the locksmiths of the company.

• Al
    allierichards18 Feb 17, 2011

Run Local Locksmith is target of malicious campaigning

What is all that crap that I am reading about the Run Local Locksmith Company? I had the chance to use their services myself on one occasion and provided their reference to two of my contacts. There were absolutely no issues with us at all. What is being reported in this forum in unbelievable and I are of the firm opinion that is the doing of some mischief monger who is making use of the internet medium for the malicious campaigning. There was no threatening body language or over charging or misleading us on any front. Rather, we found them to be quite efficient and focused in their work. And, if they do charge a bit extra, with prior information of the same, I do not think that they need to be labeled wrong in the public at all.

• Av
    averymiller001 Feb 24, 2011

Run Local Locksmith show remarkably good service

I had to call for a locksmith when the key of the safe-lock of my iron cabinet was lost. I normally use it for keeping important documents and jewelry. I wanted to get the lock opened without any harm to the locking system or things kept inside. At the same time, I also wanted the locksmith to be reliable for that crucial work since it actually meant showing him the way to the safe where my valuable are kept. My friend referred me to the Run Local Locksmith and I asked for their services. The locksmith arrived in the next 30 minutes, a bit late than what was promised. After examining the lock, he told me the price for rekeying the same. That was quite reasonable. After working for about more than an hour, he was able to open the safe, but he desisted from opening it full. Instead, he moved aside and walked away, allowing me to inspect and check for all the belongings. I really appreciate this move and it showed his professionalism and impeccable personal integrity. Frankly, I paid him more than what he had asked for.

• To
    Tom loother May 02, 2011

I had to call a locksmith from Run Local Company for operating on urgently on my safe lock where my travel documents were kept since I had to board a flight the same day. It was good to see that the person arrived in a van and after showing his license, ID card, telling the price, he was quickly on his way to opening the locks. From the small screws, nuts, bolts and screw drivers, to the latest gas cutting equipment, I could see that the person has come well prepared for meeting my requirements. Without doubt, he opened the lock without any damage to the lock whatsoever. It was good to see extreme professionalism at work. Prices were well deserved as well.

johnchristry May 27, 2011

Run local locksmith provides reasonably priced service
    This locksmith company busted my long held belief that locksmiths are opportunists and the meanest of all. The locksmith came with all his tools and lock picks for attending to the lock of my safe made of stainless steel. Arrival was timely, in about 25 minutes of making the call. He was polite, courteous, told me clearly that it was only about 20-30 minute work and also told the charges along with it. He did not make a tall order of the work to extract more money from me…very reasonable in charging for services.

• Re
    renusdesuja Jul 13, 2011

Run Local Locksmith helps to save my life

I never had such a fearsome day in my life like the one which I witnessed in the shopping mall. I got struck up in the elevator along with some ten other people for about one hour. The door of the lift got jammed. The attendant locksmith of the lift was on leave that day. Therefore the local locksmiths were called to perform the operations. Some initial calls were not responded to. But, Run Local Locksmith took the call quickly and sent off the person who reached us well in time. Had it not been for his efficient and focussed work, we would have suffocated inside the elevator.

• Ro
    rombyjacksman Aug 27, 2011

Best Sacramento locksmith Services

We called Locksmith Sacramento at 6:00 in the evening of a rainy Saturday after I found the door-lock of my entrance jammed. I got a quick response within 10 minutes and they came within half an hour. The price was exactly what the operator had quoted. I was extremely satisfied by their professional attitude.

jammyparasar Nov 08, 2011

Locksmith Bronx from the Run Local Locksmith Company saves lives, wins Mall contract

It seemed like hell when we were left stranded in a malfunctioning elevator of a mall in Bronx. We were about 15 people and there was the fire alarm which suddenly went off and the locks of the elevator got jammed. It was for the expertise of the locksmith Bronx from the Run Local Locksmith company who prevented us from dyeing of suffocation. After, the incident, the mall gave the contract to the Run Local to maintenance and upkeep of all security systems. And, they are doing a pretty good job.

• Ra
    ramesmichal Nov 16, 2011

Phoneix locksmith successfully installs the ultra-modern security system

I was planning to open a Jewelry showroom and was planning the use of ultra-modern security system to ensure that safety of material and people could be maintained. While selecting the system was not difficult, find the right Phoenix locksmith company who could install this was not easy. After giving the chance to a few companies, it was the Run Local Locksmith who could do it without any hitch. I must say it was sheer experience and ingrained training at display.