RuehlGift card fraud

Ruehl, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks are all owned by Abercrombie & Fitch Co. The support phone number for Abercrombie gift cards and Ruehl gift cards is the same. My sister got me a $50 gift card from Ruehl for Christmas. It was an email gift card. When I got around to using it, they said the card had a zero balance. I called and explained that the card wasn't working. I gave them all the information about who bought it and when. They found the details and said that it had been used at a Ruehl store in Texas. I explained that it wasn't me. I have never been to Texas. No one I know had been to Texas in years. They said they would call back in a couple weeks. They called my sister and basically said there was nothing they could do. So, Ruehl got $50 and I got nothing. When a company like Abercrombie does not honor their gift cards, you are better off giving cash. Also, FYI, Ruehl is going out of business soon.