Royal GraniteFraud and scam!

S

In September 2007, Dave from Royal Granite (AKA Deziner Granite and Creative Granite) came to see me. After some discussion, we agreed that he would install around R5000 worth of Granite tops in my kitchen. I paid him a R3500 deposit (70%). Dave himself took the measurements. Apart from the fact that they canceled the installation date twice at the last minute, when they actually came to install the tops, it was an absolute disaster. The dimensions of the tops were way out, the joins were shoddy, the broke pieces out of my walls, 5 tiles were damaged, etc etc. 14 snags all in all.

When I took this up with Dave, he immediately put me onto Mandy. It seems that Dave has neither the spine nor the stomach for confrontation. Mandy at first presented a 'No Problem, we'll fix it' attitude. I sent her a fax listing the snags and she committed to 'come and have a look', which she duly did. Thereafter promise after promise was made. I was promised a complete redo of the granite tops, 'once they had enough money'. But nothing ever came of it. Eventually, all of my calls and sms's were ignored.

I served them with a legal letter of demand, which they ignored, so my next step is the small claims court. If anyone needs assistance with how to go about getting their own back via the SCC, drop me an email.

Beware of these scamsters.