Rottlund HomesTerrible experience

As a new home owner I didn't understand or even know I had a home warranty until my front entry started rotting. Whatever exterior building material that had been used allowed water to wick up behind the material and decay from the backside. No matter how many times I painted the paint bubbled and cracked because the water was evaporating threw the paint and basically lifted it.

I called the Rottlund warranty division assuming they would fix it. But they claimed it was a maintenance issue. The home is under 10 years old so I didn't think it should be falling apart so soon.

They informed that I should have something done with it but it wasn't there problem. The house was moved into in april which in Minnesota is a cold and wet month so the house was basically built in the snowy wet winter and the wet material was painted over. Now I have boards that have rotted up over 10 feet straight up and the underlying plwood layer is also rotting.

I'll try to figure out what the boards are made of but it's some kind of crushed particle board and it should have not been used as an exterior building material.