Ross Financial ServicesFraud

T

Possible fraud scheme? In my job search, I received an e-mail from http://ross.fs (Ross Financial Services) via Yahoo informing me that they had a Receptionist opening in my area within 8 weeks and wanted to hire me as an Independent Agent to work from home for 8 weeks and then be employed as a Receptionist in my area in 8 weeks. (See original e-mail below). I found this company's website and it seemed legitimate. However, under further investigation via the BBB and Yellow pages, no such company exists (they claim to be located in Washington, DC). The phone number listed for the company [protected]) is answered by a foreign male individual. When I asked if this was Ross Financial Services, he asked who is calling. When I identified myself, he proceeded to tell me I was hired and he wanted me to start the following day. I was asked to complete the employment application and employment agreement. The agreement stipulated that I would receive payments from the clients of the company to MY PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT. I then would withdraw cash to effect payments to the company partners via Western Union/Money Gram transfer systems.

Thank goodness I didn't fall for this one. I wanted job seekers to be aware of this so-called "opportunity". With the way the economy is and the desperate need for employment, I wanted to report this "red flag":

Ross Financial Services is opening local office in your area. We'll

have full time receptionist position available in 8 weeks. We reviewed

your resume and it matches position completely. But at the moment we have

part time and home based position available. We offer great benefits and

base pay of $1500 a month + profit sharing program (6 percent commission).

As soon as we open local office in your area you start working full time

from the office. If you are interested send an email to

[protected]@rossfs-hr.com and one of our HR managers will reply you shortly.

Check the following job description for more details.

Ross Financial Services is seeking qualified candidates for Independent

Agent position.

Independent Agent is a part time entry level position.

Requirements

Candidates must be at least 21 years or older to apply.

High school diploma or equivalent.

Basic computer skills and computer with Internet at home

Enthusiastic, energetic and pleasant personality.

Maintain a positive and courteous attitude at all times.

Clear and effective communication skills.

Must have the ability to multi-task.

Excellent phone manner, phone voice and articulates clearly.

The candidate must be a well organized individual.

Experience in accounting is a plus, but not necessary!

Job Duties

Job duties for independent agents include:

• Receiving all payments and receipts on a daily basis from clients and

office locations, recording every transaction.

• Approving credit applications by performing background checks and

updating customer account information.

• Preparing monthly statements and invoices.

• Making short reports 3 times a week.

• Contacting customers over the phone and email.

• Counting commissions and fees.

• Participate in professional development activities when available

• Perform other duties as assigned by the controller.

• Works collaboratively with management and administrators to prepare

and generate management reports and perform analysis

Benefits

Salary + Commission ($1500 a month base salary and 4% commission)

Medical Insurance

Dental Insurance

Life Insurance

Vision Insurance

401 (k) Plan

Vacation / Holidays

Ross Financial Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

No selling or investing required.

• Vi
    Vincent Ross Jan 16, 2015

My Name is Vincent Ross, Owner and Operator of the REAL Ross Financial Services. I have provided tax preparation and financial services to clients for over 20 years and to see this scam is extremely unsettling.

While my base of operations is in NY, I service the entire nation, and maintain a reputation of integrity and fairness. You can find me on Facebook, Google and my customer base speaks for itself. Should anyone contact you, other than myself or one of my Administrative assistants, it is probably not us. I have not, nor will I solicit in anyway like the above scam has indicated and just know it is NOT what I or RFS stands for.

Vincent Ross
    Ross Financial Services
    [email protected]
    www.facebook.com/Rossfinancialservices
    [protected]

anon Apr 15, 2009

They are also known as "Reed Financial Services". Yes, it's a scam. There is no such company at the address provided- and the number goes to the same gentleman. I actually asked where this "new office " would be located, and he would not tell me, so I did some research. People sometimes make me sick, and this was one of those times.

• Sc
    Scamwarner Apr 05, 2009

It's either a money laundering scam or more likely fake checks - they are actually very common. No real company needs someone to transfer payments in this way. There is an almost identical Reed Financial Services as well which is also a scam