Ross Dress for Less / customer service

Sa Jun 16, 2019 Review updated:

Hi my name is Jamie I went in Ross today June 15 at about 12 AM this is probably the third time I've come this week being that it's Father's Day. Tonight I came in the store greeted a worker and made a comment saying am I the only last-minute shopper she responded by saying no there's a few others also. I stayed in the men's department because I'm shopping for a Father's Day gift. I spent about 30 minutes in the store trying to decide on what I was going to buy for my husband as I'm shopping I noticed one of the workers in the same area every aisle I'm in every section I go to she's right there with random items in her hand which let me know that she was secretly watching me because the store is a disaster things are everywhere I would think she would be trying to help clean her store And as she's secretly watching me she could be picking items up off the floor and making sure her store is nice and tidy for tomorrow. So I then go to the front to purchase the Items I had while standing in line the same worker was in line behind me as if she was making a purchase when the cashier called the next person I headed to the counter and the young lady that was a worker for Ross turned around and act like she was still looking for stuff the items I had while standing in line the same worker was in line behind me as if she was making a purchase when the cashier called the next person I headed to the counter and the young lady that was a worker for Ross turned around and act like she was still looking for stuff. I then asked the cashier does she work year she responded and said yes I said is she on the clock she's said no she's off the clock the same young lady then begin to walk behind the counter. Now I don't know any employers that allow employees to hang out at the job if they're not on the clock. I then asked the cashier who is the manager she said I am and her name was ac I then asked the cashier does she work year she responded and said yes I said is she on the clock she's said no she's off the clock the same young lady then begin to walk behind the counter. Now I don't know any employers that allow employees to hang out at the job if they're not on the clock. I then asked the cashier who is the manager she said I am and her name was Ashely. I then asked her the young lady's name that was following me in the store and also let her know that I would make a complaint. I then asked her again so you said she's off the clock right she said yes. I then asked her well what is that young lady's name because I feel very uncomfortable with the way she followed me through the store. She may no effort to be concerned with my complaint. I am a regular shopper at this Ross and several others. But today I feel very violated and uncomfortable because I've never experienced such a thing. I really hope that the company does something about this or actually talks to their employees about the way they are handling their job.

Ross Dress for Less

Comments

• Mi
      Jun 16, 2019

Oh wow. Talk about paranoia. So you encountered an employee of a business who was shopping and you immediately assume she is following you around the store. It's none of your business if she was on the clock or not or whether she went behind the counter. You don't know Ross's policy on that and you aren't employed there and you certainly aren't the manager, so it's none of your business. I imagine they all had a good laugh at your expense after you left.

• Th
      Jun 16, 2019

Stfu. Lmao

•   Jun 16, 2019

Jeez, use punctuation and don’t repeat yourself so many times.

The customer can go behind the counter if she is an employee, too. If not, then the manager would have said something to her.

She followed you around the store and now you feel violated. Perhaps you should file a complaint or restraining order against the employee...

The store was open at 12:00 am. A midnight madness sale? You shop awfully late in California.

The shopper needn’t pick up trash in the store when off the clock. And, stopping theft is more important than cleaning the aisle. If she were on the clock, it isn’t up to you to give her an assignment to clean rather than follow thieves.

You’re acting entitled when you’re merely a shopper who felt targeted. If theft occurs, prices rise. Would you rather be watched or pay more in a cleaner store?